Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

eldios
Banned
Banned

What is a lie?

Post #1

Post by eldios »

We know what a liar is by reading this biblical passage so what is a lie?

1 John 2:
3: And by this we may be sure that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4: He who says "I know him" but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

onewithhim
Savant

Re: What is a lie?

Post #2

Post by onewithhim »

eldios wrote: We know what a liar is by reading this biblical passage so what is a lie?

1 John 2:
4: He who says "I know him" but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
A lie is: "I am a Christian" (but I do not follow all of what Jesus teaches his followers to do).

eldios
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by eldios »

onewithhim wrote:
eldios wrote: We know what a liar is by reading this biblical passage so what is a lie?

1 John 2:
A lie is: "I am a Christian" (but I do not follow all of what Jesus teaches his followers to do).
God was using Jesus to speak for him to his chosen believers, not to Christians. They didn't have the religion of Christianity back then. That came from the religious Jews who were stealing the words Jesus spoke for God and starting false gospels with them. Those false gospels are what Christians preach to each other.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #4

Post by onewithhim »

eldios wrote:
onewithhim wrote:

1 John 2:
God was using Jesus to speak for him to his chosen believers, not to Christians. They didn't have the religion of Christianity back then. That came from the religious Jews who were stealing the words Jesus spoke for God and starting false gospels with them. Those false gospels are what Christians preach to each other.
Oh really? And by what authority do you speak? I am thinking that YOU are demonstrating what a lie is.

Willum
Savant

Post #5

Post by Willum »

Yes, so those who follow Jesus and have a crucifix on their wall have violated the Commandment against graven images.

Jesus, knowing full well the Caesars were worshiped as gods and the sons of gods, told his fellowship, not very far away from the temple of Yahweh and the temple to Caesar (where they collected tribute):
Render to [the God] Caesar, what belongs to him, and to [the god] Theos what belongs to him.
Not only that, but the language he used is a contextual one, so he even violated the first commandment about putting no god before Theos.

Matt and Luke also advocate obeying a government, ruled by proxy, by the god Zeus, which is a complete contradiction.

Invalidating all of Christianity, and the Bible mandates it.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #6

Post by onewithhim »

Willum wrote: Yes, so those who follow Jesus and have a crucifix on their wall have violated the Commandment against graven images.

Jesus, knowing full well the Caesars were worshiped as gods and the sons of gods, told his fellowship, not very far away from the temple of Yahweh and the temple to Caesar (where they collected tribute):
Render to [the God] Caesar, what belongs to him, and to [the god] Theos what belongs to him.
Not only that, but the language he used is a contextual one, so he even violated the first commandment about putting no god before Theos.

Matt and Luke also advocate obeying a government, ruled by proxy, by the god Zeus, which is a complete contradiction.

Oh stop the foolishness. Jesus didn't instigate worship of idols any more than my right foot is Joan of Arc. Be real.

What would you have Christians do, disobey the laws of their communities? Of course Matthew and Luke and everybody else would tell Christians to obey the government as far as it goes along with what God finds acceptable. Otherwise there would be chaos!

Willum
Savant

Post #7

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 6 by onewithhim]

Do you own a crucufix?
Do you own that gaven idol?

I know, it isn't easy to obey God's laws. That's why so few go to heaven.
But to answer your question, yes, I expect Christians to disobey their communities - especially if their community uses false idols.

eldios
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by eldios »

onewithhim wrote:
eldios wrote:
onewithhim wrote:

1 John 2:
Oh really? And by what authority do you speak? I am thinking that YOU are demonstrating what a lie is.
It's impossible that I can speak lies from the spirit of God.

eldios
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by eldios »

Willum wrote: Yes, so those who follow Jesus and have a crucifix on their wall have violated the Commandment against graven images.
Even the buildings and altars they build with their human hands are false gods.

Psalm 97
7: All worshipers of images are put to shame, who make their boast in worthless idols; all gods bow down before him.

Deuteronomy 4:
8: “You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;
9: you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Deuteronomy 7
25: The graven images of their gods you shall burn with fire; you shall not covet the silver or the gold that is on them, or take it for yourselves, lest you be ensnared by it; for it is an abominations to the Lord your God. And you shall not bring an abominable thing into your house, and become accursed like it; you shall utterly detest and abhor it; for it is an accursed thing.

Deuteronomy 11
26: “Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse:
27: the blessing, if you obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you this day,
28: and the curse, if you do not obey the commandments of the Lord your God, but trun aside from the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods which you have not known.

Christians do not obey the commandments of God and they reject the gospel of God. They do love their false gospels called Matthew, Mark, Luke and John though.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #10

Post by onewithhim »

Willum wrote: [Replying to post 6 by onewithhim]

Do you own a crucufix?
Do you own that gaven idol?

I know, it isn't easy to obey God's laws. That's why so few go to heaven.
But to answer your question, yes, I expect Christians to disobey their communities - especially if their community uses false idols.
No, I do not own a crucifix or any other graven idol.