Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

eldios
Banned
Banned

What is a lie?

Post #1

Post by eldios »

We know what a liar is by reading this biblical passage so what is a lie?

1 John 2:
3: And by this we may be sure that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4: He who says "I know him" but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

eldios
Banned
Banned

Post #11

Post by eldios »

Willum wrote: [Replying to post 6 by onewithhim]

Do you own a crucufix?
Do you own that gaven idol?

I know, it isn't easy to obey God's laws. That's why so few go to heaven.
But to answer your question, yes, I expect Christians to disobey their communities - especially if their community uses false idols.
All the men created in heaven will remain in heaven for eternity. However, the flesh of man born of Satan perishes during this temporary generation. After all the flesh of man has perished by the last day of this generation, then men will hear the voice of the Lord for the first time like us servants heard his voice in this generation and were forced to obey all his commandments.

John 5:
25: "Truly, truly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
26: For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself,
27: and has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man.
28: Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice.

Isaiah 43
1: But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
2: When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.
[/u]

Wootah
Savant

Post #12

Post by Wootah »

onewithhim wrote:
Willum wrote: Yes, so those who follow Jesus and have a crucifix on their wall have violated the Commandment against graven images.

Jesus, knowing full well the Caesars were worshiped as gods and the sons of gods, told his fellowship, not very far away from the temple of Yahweh and the temple to Caesar (where they collected tribute):
Render to [the God] Caesar, what belongs to him, and to [the god] Theos what belongs to him.
Not only that, but the language he used is a contextual one, so he even violated the first commandment about putting no god before Theos.

Matt and Luke also advocate obeying a government, ruled by proxy, by the god Zeus, which is a complete contradiction.

Invalidating all of Christianity, and the Bible mandates it.
Oh stop the foolishness. Jesus didn't instigate worship of idols any more than my right foot is Joan of Arc. Be real.

What would you have Christians do, disobey the laws of their communities? Of course Matthew and Luke and everybody else would tell Christians to obey the government as far as it goes along with what God finds acceptable. Otherwise there would be chaos!

Moderator Comment
Hi OWH,

No one has to stop being foolish on this forum. Perhaps take note of who you want to debate with and if you are feeling driven to being uncivil debate with someone else.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

onewithhim
Savant

Post #13

Post by onewithhim »

Elijah John
Savant

Post #14

Post by Elijah John »

eldios wrote:
It's impossible that I can speak lies from the spirit of God.
Moderator Comment

Please do not claim an infallible connection with the Almighty. That is preaching.

This post would be considered to not comply with the guidelines on preaching. Please read through the guidelines and abide by them.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

eldios
Banned
Banned

Post #15

Post by eldios »

Elijah John wrote:
eldios wrote:
Moderator Comment

Please do not claim an infallible connection with the Almighty. That is preaching.

This post would be considered to not comply with the guidelines on preaching. Please read through the guidelines and abide by them.

I speak the truth at all times so you might as well ban me because it's impossible for me to lie like all the other members in this forum do.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #16

Post by OnceConvinced »

eldios wrote:
Elijah John wrote:
eldios wrote:
Moderator Comment

I speak the truth at all times so you might as well ban me because it's impossible for me to lie like all the other members in this forum do.

:warning: Moderator Warning

There are rules on this forum and if you refuse to follow them, then you WILL be banned.

Do not make claims that you cannot support with reason or evidence
Do not make personal attacks against other members ie accusing them of lying
Do not preach
Do not challenge moderation on the forums themselves. If you wish to challenge moderation do so via PM.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World