What is physical death?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

What is physical death?

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES believe death to be the absence of life in any form, we believe that anything and everything one can do when alive (think, feel pleasure or pain, act ect) one cannot do when dead.

#1 What in your opinion is the condition of the dead? Can you explain what you mean when you say a person is dead* rather than alive?

#2 Do you believe death, in the sense Jehovah's witnesses use the word actually exists?

* I'm referring to literal death as in when a person's heart stops beating and all brain activity ceases and their body eventuality decays.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: What is physical death?

Post #11

Post by JehovahsWitness »

onewithhim wrote:(I love Shakespeare.)
I used to frequent a forum where we had "Shakespeare Friday"; on this day everyone was free insults fellow posters (in jest) but it had to be from Shakespeare, it was really funny.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

onewithhim
Savant

Re: What is physical death?

Post #12

Post by onewithhim »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
onewithhim wrote:(I love Shakespeare.)
I used to frequent a forum where we had "Shakespeare Friday"; on this day everyone was free insults fellow posters (in jest) but it had to be from Shakespeare, it was really funny.
I would've liked that!