Should the next president be a woman?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Should the next president be a woman?

Post #1

Post by 2Dbunk »

Quote by agnosticatheist in the Househusbands thread, post #13, Science and Religion. (I refer you there for a running brouhaha on the contradiction below:)

I believe that men and women are equal.

With that said...I think that generally, women still are not cut out for the workplace.

2Dbunk said in reply:

Are not those two sentences contradictory?

Former Prime Minister Thatcher and Germany's Angela Merkel are examples of what women are capable of achieving. I find it interesting that the next president of the USA may well be a woman. Carly Fiorina v. Hillary Clinton could well be the opposing candidates.
The question for debate: Is the United States ready to elect a woman as president? To avoid the running war of words in househusbands thread (Science and Religion), try to be objective, un-repetitive and less emotional. Statistics would be nice if available.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Should the next president be a woman?

Post #81

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Well, history seems to have decided on that for the time being. Men and women are in my opinion equal, but also equally imperfect and prone to error, not an insignificant fact when it comes to politics.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #82

Post by 2Dbunk »

It will be interesting if Trump is removed from office. If allegations of collusion with the Russians are proven (including Pence's so-called innocence), then the swamp must truly be drained to save our Democracy. A new national referendum should be called for, including ALL members of the House Of Repr[strike]obates[/strike]esentatives -- to be confirmed or replaced [with little or no campaigning].

HA! The above will never happen therefore Democracy is truly doomed (if it doesn't have the flexibility of healing itself). Yes, this calls for DtD's feared abrupt change of governance. At this rate, citizen will be upon citizen taxing law enforcement beyond its limits. Where will it end? Is Russia enjoying our chaos? Can the train be put back on the track?
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

Mountainmanbob
Student

Post #83

Post by Mountainmanbob »

A woman president????

Why not????
Just have not seen one come to light that deserves the position....

M-Bob

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #84

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 82 by Mountainmanbob]
A woman president????

Why not????
Just have not seen one come to light that deserves the position....
HA ! My wife . . . my neighbor's wife . . . probably your wife would make a better president than 'The Man In The High Chair.' Perhaps even Ivanka, or Melania!

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #85

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 81 by 2Dbunk]
At this rate, citizen will be upon citizen taxing law enforcement beyond its limits.
Is Charlottesville the beginning? Or was it during the Montana special election when politician assaulted newsman; or the House Whip's assassination attempted; or . . .

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #86

Post by 2Dbunk »

It will be interesting to see if misogynist Donald Trump tangles with another woman candidate in 2020. Will the Russians help him yet again? By all accounts they will help because Donald hasn’t put in place anything to keep that from happening, yet again! He keeps denying they helped in 2016, yet he minces with the ruskies like a puppy wanting to be petted, his belly rubbed by a faction who used to be considered the commie left, but is now the NEW Right – go figure if you can!

Elijah John
Savant

Post #87

Post by Elijah John »

[Replying to post 85 by 2Dbunk]

Well, I voted for Donald Trump given the lack of a worthy alternative. And the "Russians" did not persuade me to do so.

Are the Democrats concerned at all with illegal aliens voting in our elections? If they are worried about foreign interference, they should be. But then again, they are against voter ID laws.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #88

Post by Elijah John »

2Dbunk wrote: He keeps denying they helped in 2016, yet he minces with the ruskies like a puppy wanting to be petted, his belly rubbed ...
Opinion noted. Is that all you got? Do you have any evidence to support this? I'm thinking "repeated, usubstantiated claim" here.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

otseng
Savant

Post #89

Post by otseng »

2Dbunk wrote: It will be interesting to see if misogynist Donald Trump tangles with another woman candidate in 2020.
Moderator Comment

Please note negative comments against anyone, including those off the forum, are not allowed.

1. Personal attacks of any sort are not allowed. Comments about any person that are negative, condescending, frivolous or indicate in any way a lack of respect are not allowed.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #90

Post by Clownboat »

2Dbunk wrote:
It will be interesting to see if misogynist Donald Trump tangles with another woman candidate in 2020. Will the Russians help him yet again? By all accounts they will help because Donald hasn’t put in place anything to keep that from happening, yet again! He keeps denying they helped in 2016, yet he minces with the ruskies like a puppy wanting to be petted, his belly rubbed by a faction who used to be considered the commie left, but is now the NEW Right – go figure if you can!

Please present evidence that shows this colucollusionh Russia. Obviously I do not follow politics enough. Thanks!
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb