Faux News

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Faux News

Post #1

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

This is Faux news in a nutshell. Because the numbers are not incorrect, and yet the story is a blatant lie. The Clinton administration inherited a 7.1% jobless rate from the first Bush administration, and eight years later turned over a 4.4% jobless rate to Bush Jr. Eight years later the Bush Jr. administration turned a 9.0% jobless rate over to the incoming Obama administration, and now eight years later the Obama administration has turned over a 4.5% jobless rate to the Trump administration. Faux's numbers are not wrong, but their reporting is a purposeful lie.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/social ... st-tweets/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 10031.html

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/33124 ... ut-context

Essentially Faux News is crediting Republican administrations for the achievements of Democratic administrations.
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Faux News

Post #11

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 4 by Kenisaw]

My personal opinion is we should verify our sources. It is very difficult to distinguish between inaccurate reporting and true, but the effort should be made.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

bluethread
Savant

Post #12

Post by bluethread »

DanieltheDragon wrote: We need to stop stereotyping each other and work with each other with respect and dignity. Lest we give rise to the very extremism that we fear.
I think the best way to do that is to focus on concepts and not labels. Regarding balance, in human governance, I hold to the adage, "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." That is why I am pretty much a pure federalist. That is I not only believe in the limitation of federal power to security and arbitration, but that all government should be subject to such limitations. Everything else should be controlled by the open market and NGO's. Speech is no exception. It used to be that freedom of the press was only for those who owned a press. However, now anyone can own a "press". There has always been fake news. However, when government people complain about it, I am encouraged, because fake news is a sign of a healthy market place. On the other hand, when centralized government engages in it, or seeks to control it in the private press, that is when one needs to be worried.

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #13

Post by Kenisaw »

2Dbunk wrote: [Replying to post 4 by Kenisaw]

The definition of liberalism is the search for truth. The definition of conservatism is the maintenance of the status quo.
Um, not in any dictionary I am acquainted with.

So called liberals in America today (the left) are not actually liberals.

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #14

Post by Kenisaw »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 4 by Kenisaw]

My personal opinion is we should verify our sources. It is very difficult to distinguish between inaccurate reporting and true, but the effort should be made.

JW
Completely agree. The problem is that it is all but impossible to verify the sources anymore. For one it's a volume problem. There has never been so much information available in the history of humanity. The sheer amount is overwhelming. You'd think that would be a positive thing, but unless you have the time and resources to wade through you have a good statistical chance of missing the key data. Second, it's often the data that isn't made known that matters. I found out that Facebook is heavily invested in by the Saudi government for example. The suspension of many accounts of people who openly criticize the politics of Islam has been happening for a year now, and it didn't make any sense until that bit of news came to light.

The best you can hope for is that you can find a source or two that you can trust, and then keep checking them to make sure they keep your trust. It isn't easy.

Mountainmanbob
Student

Post #15

Post by Mountainmanbob »

Give Trump some time and he will blow the others far, far away.

The elections last week proved where the majority stand.

Democrats have no message at this time.

M-Bob

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #16

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 15 by Mountainmanbob]
Give Trump some time and he will blow the others far, far away.
If He doesn't blow himself up first.
The elections last week proved where the majority stand.
It's too early yet. The Dems have shown how stupid they can be by spending all that money to move a 'deplorable' off his or her dime. That paradighm will shift if Trump is found to be a colluder with the dark side -- give 'em a year.
Democrats have no message at this time.
True, they're just treading water waiting for the next shoe to drop. But it's been an entertaining five months so far!
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

Mountainmanbob
Student

Post #17

Post by Mountainmanbob »

Fox News is the closes thing to the real thing that we have in news.

Plus, one does not see the hate and haters on that channel
as seen on other channels.

M-Bob

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #18

Post by 2Dbunk »

Sez you! Hey, nice likeness of the face of Humkpty Dumpty on the cover of Time magazine on the walls (and in my outhouse) of a lot of Trump real estate holdings. Too bad it is a fake! (WHAT A HUMONGOUS EGO HUNKPTY HAS!)
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

Rufus21
Scholar

Post #19

Post by Rufus21 »

Mountainmanbob wrote: Fox News is the closes thing to the real thing that we have in news.
Really? Fox News? The network that promoted the Seth Rich conspiracy? The Reality Winner conspiracy? The Obama birther conspiracy? The Illegal aliens voting conspiracy? The "CNN fake Muslim protest" conspiracy? The "James Comey entering new York Times building" conspiracy? The wire tap conspiracy? The "terrorist fist jab" conspiracy? The fake "Obama pirate meeting" story? Their annual "war on Christmas" nonsense?

They can't seem to get through a day without reporting something false. And how often to they correct or retract their mistakes?
Mountainmanbob wrote: Plus, one does not see the hate and haters on that channel
as seen on other channels.
You're talking about the same network that hosed Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly and Glenn Beck? The network that called Mr. Rogers an "evil, evil man"?