A Paradox: the world is perfect because it's imperfect.

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

A Paradox: the world is perfect because it's imperfect.

Post #1

Post by 2ndRateMind »

Seems to me, the imperfection of the world gives us all something meaningful to do with our lives, in striving to correct, or at least ameliorate, its imperfections.

Otherwise, what would we all do in a perfect world? Eat, sleep and procreate, for no purpose at all. What satisfaction is to be had in that?

If there is to be paradise on Earth, and I think that is a worthy goal to set, then let us build in the possibility of constant upgrades to paradise version 2.0 and better.

Best wishes, 2RM

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #2

Post by OnceConvinced »

This is the problem I see with the concept of heaven. What sort of a mind-numbingly boring place this would be if it were perfect? Part of the fun of living is the fact that we live in an imperfect world with imperfect people. Sure there is certainly some things we can do with out but "sin" also gives us things to talk about. It gives us things to laugh about. If everyone was perfect there would be nothing to laugh about or talk about. We'd soon get very bored with talking about the beautiful weather all the time

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

davidsun
Student

Re: A Paradox: the world is perfect because it's imperfect.

Post #3

Post by davidsun »

[Replying to post 1 by 2ndRateMind]

Seems to me, 'perfect' is pretty much meaningless, in the sense that it could mean anything, unless one specifies the 'sense' in which the description is actually meant ... the OP states that it is 'perfect' in that may always be improved upon, but then this too is relatively meaningless unless one specifies 'improved' in what 'sense'.

I regard the world we live in as a 'perfect' medium for 'love' and 'wisdom' to evolve to 'higher' and 'higher' degrees, i.e to grow, in.

Another way of saying the same thing is to say that our world is 'perfectly' suited (structured) for selfish love to evolve, through a succession of extinctions of its 'lesser' varieties, into universal love, for 'personal' 'identity' (or 'sense' of 'self') to evolve into a transpersonal/universal one.

There are evolutionary 'waves' wherein more and more souls (identities?) make the 'leap'/transformation. I think the following statement by the Apostle Paul references such a 'wave' event: "This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. But ye have not so learned Christ; If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor: for we are members one of another."

This sort of thing happens in cycles - we are on the cusp of another such 'dawning'-light 'happening', I think. As I said in the book I wrote: "Darkness is a perfect ‘medium’ for light to shine and be seen in." :xmas:

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #4

Post by JP Cusick »

2ndRateMind wrote: Seems to me, the imperfection of the world gives us all something meaningful to do with our lives, in striving to correct, or at least ameliorate, its imperfections.

Otherwise, what would we all do in a perfect world? Eat, sleep and procreate, for no purpose at all. What satisfaction is to be had in that?

If there is to be paradise on Earth, and I think that is a worthy goal to set, then let us build in the possibility of constant upgrades to paradise version 2.0 and better.

Best wishes, 2RM
Keep it imperfect yes, but we could still do away with the hatred and the evils.

My understanding of the Kingdom of God (paradise on earth) is that even in God's Kingdom we are to reach out to the other planets to spread the love.

In today's wicked world people want to go to other planets just to exploit and for conquest and as a race against other people.

As such the earth right now is perfectly imperfect, and so is the entire universe perfectly imperfect, and it is mankind that needs a morality makeover.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

Mountainmanbob
Student

Post #5

Post by Mountainmanbob »

My wife often looks forward to a perfect heaven.
Of course she is a Saint.
Once in heaven we will remember sin no more
and it will not be missed.

It's our flesh that doesn't want to let go.

Or maybe it's the devil telling us
you will miss all of this sinning
(you may have more fun with me?)

I have deceived myself enough with that one!
M-Bob

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by ttruscott »

OnceConvinced wrote: This is the problem I see with the concept of heaven. What sort of a mind-numbingly boring place this would be if it were perfect? Part of the fun of living is the fact that we live in an imperfect world with imperfect people. Sure there is certainly some things we can do with out but "sin" also gives us things to talk about. It gives us things to laugh about. If everyone was perfect there would be nothing to laugh about or talk about. We'd soon get very bored with talking about the beautiful weather all the time
One shouldn't try to limit others by their own lack of imagination.

Angels come and go. They visit far places. They sing for the pleasure of it. IF we are to be as the angels in heaven with bodies on command so to speak then where in this huge playground of a universe can we not go? Will we ever run out of finding the wonders GOD has created for us, all the while in perfect loving telepathic communion / communication with whomever we want at any and all times?

If you want to be able to have sin as a conversation piece then you are correct, heaven is not the place for you. If you need a lack of love and imperfect moral ability to have something to laugh and talk about, then heaven is not for you. We will laugh and talk about anything we want within the horrible confines of moral goodness and true love.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

wannabe
Apprentice

Post #7

Post by wannabe »

[Replying to post 1 by 2ndRateMind]

2ndRateMind wrote : "seems to me, the imperfections of the world gives us all something . meaningful to do with our lives, in striving to correct, or at least ameliorate, it's . . imperfections. "

. The World.

. it's perfect for the sake of its purpose.

. I think if people understood that forever wasn't a fairy tale, they would understand the true .
. purpose of the existence, of life on earth.
. And the direction to follow.
. As we go through life from ignition to ...presentation to ...exploration ,we then understand the
. significance of our short time on earth and how perfect its purpose is.
. Because our time on earth will pass away and God will destroy the earth. ( rev:21 )
. And it's purpose is to give us understanding for direction in life.
. Forever not finding chaos ahead of us. But leaving it behind.
:
:

Live to give , Give to live ( love Jesus )

: I believe a mans spirit is more than just his imagination.

I believe in forever. That's true even without religion.(or man)

: Live to give, give to life, Forgive to live.