(for non-theists) MIDDLING?
20%

Total votes: 10

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

HOW"S YOUR LUCK, theist or nontheist?

Post #1

Post by 2Dbunk »

Many a good fortune is "blessed by God in heaven" a theist might say. Non-theists probably wouldn't agree, saying their good fortune is based on good study and preparation.

I know of too many situations where luck seems to be missing in friends' and acquaintances' lives. Yet others seemingly escape that dismal scene. Are these conditions controlled by a deity?

What about children born with defects that would certainly catergorize them as unfortunate? Is "God" the blame, or is it a test? Good study and preparation may suggest the fetus be aborted.

Please take the accompanying poll.

ThePainefulTruth
Sage

Re: HOW"S YOUR LUCK, theist or nontheist?

Post #11

Post by ThePainefulTruth »

[Replying to post 1 by 2Dbunk]

Both good and bad luck happen, and either can happen as a result of preparation, the lack thereof, or just plain random circumstance. God only watches (if It exists at all) and is irrelevant to the question of luck or dealing with either kind.

Monta
Guru

Post #12

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 10 by 2Dbunk]

"Since I began this thread it might seem that my luck has now changed. Three days ago my wife and I were nearly run-over by a driver who passed out while driving, missing her driveway at the end of a dead-end street (we were out walking our dog). "

Luck or the divine providence, be grateful .

Happy for you and your wife.