Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Alfred Persson
Student

The Meaning of 666, The Reason for the Riddle

Post #1

Post by Alfred Persson »

I will prove the following two propositions:

1) 666 is a biblical allusion to a man’s name in the Old Testament: Adonikam.

2) The Holy Spirit inspired this Riddle to strengthen the faith of the generation alive in the End Time that will see Adonikam rise to become the Antichrist Beast.

We solve riddles by heeding its details, and spotting any double entendre hinting at a solution. For example, Samson’s riddle (Judges 14:14) contained the solution, honey eaten from the carcass of a lion (Judges 14:8-9, 18):
So he said to them: “Out of the eater came something to eat, And out of the strong came something sweet.� Now for three days they could not explain the riddle. (Jdg. 14:14) NKJ

The word “lion� in Hebrew (ʾarî) is almost identical to an Arabic word for “honey� (ʾary).-Wolf, H. (1992). Judges. In F. E. Gaebelein (Ed.), The Expositor’s Bible Commentary: Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 & 2 Samuel (Vol. 3, p. 468). Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Publishing House.
Lets Solve the 666 Meaning:
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. (Rev. 13:18) KJV
John said 666 is the number OF a man, not the number of a name. That’s double entendre, 666 springs from the man, 666 exists because of what the man is or does, it is not his name in code. We must pay attention to the detail with strictness, John insisted we COUNT to arrive at 666, that is one half of the equation. To solve the riddle we must deduce the missing half of the equation that equals 666 and then determine what man caused that calculation to exist, for it is “OF� him. Therefore Gematria, numerology, symbolic meaning, etc. are completely irrelevant.

Lets review other details to find what else is implied in the wording:

This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666. (Rev. 13:18) ESV

Christians seek wisdom in scripture, therefore John’s call for it must involve the Bible. Adonikam is the only Bible name of a man 666 and a calculation point to that everyone (3588 � ho) understanding the Bible can find. Once directly (Ezra 2:13) and once after a calculation (Neh. 7:18) subtracting Adonikam’s father who must have had the same name, so 667-1=666 still points to Adonikam. The only man directly causing 666 to exist and also the calculation resulting in 666 to exist, is the man Adonikam. As John thus says he is the Beast, 666 is the number OF the Beast also:

The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and six. (Ezr. 2:13) KJV

The children of Adonikam, six hundred threescore and seven. (Neh. 7:18) KJV

Having these two verses point to the same name is like having “two witnesses� establishing the matter (Deut. 19:15).

Adonikam alone is the elegant solution, it alone assembles John’s puzzle following all his requirements and still satisfies his expectation anyone with Bible wisdom will discover the one name he had in mind when he penned this riddle.

Not so Kabbalistic Gematria. The pieces just do not fit, and regardless how it is tweaked, so many names are produced it will never satisfy John’s expectation only one name will result and the probability the reader will pick the name John had in mind is infinitesimal.

Continues on my site:
http://endtimenews.net/666-meaning/[/url]

Alfred Persson
Student

Re: The Meaning of 666, The Reason for the Riddle

Post #21

Post by Alfred Persson »

liamconnor wrote: [Replying to post 16 by Alfred Persson]

So if this prophecy is correct, then we need only keep an ear out for someone named Adonikam?
Strong's (0140 �ֲדֹנִיקָ� 'Adoniyqam) says Adonikam = "my lord arose", Gesenius has "lord of enemies". Therefore, its possible the name is meant figuratively, to suggest either or both of these meanings.

But I think the Antichrist Beast is likely to have "Adonikam" as his name. It follows from the efficacy of the deluding influence causing the great apostasy that God put prophetic details in scripture to give His children "proof" that would strengthen their faith in their time of great need for assurance.

Consider the character of the Beast that is revealed in scripture, he insults God---His name His Tabernacle and all with Him in heaven (Rev. 13:6). If his birth name isn't Adonikam, its likely he would purposely choose Adonikam as his name as he challenges God to fight him (Dan. 7:25). In other words, make all the lore of the Antichrist part of his propaganda, as a "dare" against God.

Alfred Persson
Student

Post #22

Post by Alfred Persson »

[Replying to post 19 by marco]

Getting too close to home are we?

I didn't generalize about all atheists, they aren't the subject. Neither are you.

As for my thoughts about the special kind of atheist the Antichrist will be, that's from the data of Scripture, the entire corpus concerning him.

Sorry if you were offended, it wasn't my intention.

Alfred Persson
Student

Post #23

Post by Alfred Persson »

JP Cusick wrote:
Alfred Persson wrote: I will prove the following two propositions:

1) 666 is a biblical allusion to a man’s name in the Old Testament: Adonikam.

2) The Holy Spirit inspired this Riddle to strengthen the faith of the generation alive in the End Time that will see Adonikam rise to become the Antichrist Beast.

Continues on my site:
http://endtimenews.net/666-meaning/
I see this as another demonstration as to how Bible prophesy can be so useless and misleading.

You say it strengthens faith - but how?

It does not give any info on how to live a better life, it does not tell how to improve our character.

What that really does is just to condemn so future person based only on their name, and that name is to expose the person as antiChrist, and are we to look for that name in English or in Hebrew or in just any language?

In the Gospel Jesus declares that people will not believe a person risen from the dead - so it would be presumptuous and sinful of anyone to believe a person to be antiChrist based on their name?
The efficacy of the deluding influence will be nearly 100%, the great falling away is a world wide phenomenon (2 Thess. 2:3-4), everything called God is opposed and the Antichrist exalted over them all.

There will be only one individual who will fit the parameters of this coming Antichrist, there will be no mistaking who he is. In fact, I believe he will boast that is precisely who he is. And if he doesn't have Adonikam as his birth name, he'll likely adopt it as his.

He will dare God defeat him, he doesn't just deny God exists, he affirms it but claims God is his inferior.

The Beast or little horn big mouth of Daniel, is a special kind of atheist. He will claim the ancient astronaut theory is correct, that all appearances of "god" on earth were extraterrestrials, and that he is the greatest extraterrestrial of them all. He doesn't deny God exists, he denies he is "God". He denies the Father and the Son, all that implies in the doctrine of the Trinity. He dares God defeat him, and God will permit him some success at first. He will even permit some of His angels be defeated in battle:

It grew so big it reached the army of heaven, and it brought about the fall of some of the army and some of the stars to the ground, where it trampled them. (Dan. 8:10 NET)

But that is the same thing God did to Pharaoh, allowed his magicians some success so they would do their hearts desire and fight against God (Exod. 7:22).

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #24

Post by JP Cusick »

Alfred Persson wrote: The efficacy of the deluding influence will be nearly 100%, the great falling away is a world wide phenomenon (2 Thess. 2:3-4), everything called God is opposed and the Antichrist exalted over them all.

There will be only one individual who will fit the parameters of this coming Antichrist, there will be no mistaking who he is. In fact, I believe he will boast that is precisely who he is. And if he doesn't have Adonikam as his birth name, he'll likely adopt it as his.

He will dare God defeat him, he doesn't just deny God exists, he affirms it but claims God is his inferior.

The Beast or little horn big mouth of Daniel, is a special kind of atheist. He will claim the ancient astronaut theory is correct, that all appearances of "god" on earth were extraterrestrials, and that he is the greatest extraterrestrial of them all. He doesn't deny God exists, he denies he is "God". He denies the Father and the Son, all that implies in the doctrine of the Trinity. He dares God defeat him, and God will permit him some success at first. He will even permit some of His angels be defeated in battle:

It grew so big it reached the army of heaven, and it brought about the fall of some of the army and some of the stars to the ground, where it trampled them. (Dan. 8:10 NET)

But that is the same thing God did to Pharaoh, allowed his magicians some success so they would do their hearts desire and fight against God (Exod. 7:22).
What you say here is exactly the same as what the real prophesies say about the return of Jesus.

Because Jesus will say that He is the son-of-God and most people will not believe or they just reject Him, and Jesus will tell how mainstream religion has been wrong from the beginning, and people will see this as an attack on God, and in fact the Bible really does say that God is extraterrestrial because God is in the heavens and not on earth which thereby means - extraterrestrial.

Surely Jesus will challenge the nonsense of a "Trinity" because Jesus is a representative of the truth, and we can expect that Jesus will attack and defeat the false Gods of this world - and rightly so.

Just seems obvious based on your own criteria about the prophesy that you will fight against Christ when He returns because Jesus will do as you expect of an anti Christ.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #25

Post by Justin108 »

[Replying to post 1 by Alfred Persson]

A bit off topic. Is there a reason you have the exact same avatar as a user named BusB or is that just a coincidence?

profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13583

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #26

Post by JP Cusick »

Justin108 wrote: A bit off topic. Is there a reason you have the exact same avatar as a user named BusB or is that just a coincidence?
Wow - that is not just off-topic as it is out of line.

Are you just trying to be the avatar police for this forum?

............. :king: ........................ :nerd2:
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

Left Site
Apprentice

Post #27

Post by Left Site »

Justin108 wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Alfred Persson]

A bit off topic. Is there a reason you have the exact same avatar as a user named BusB or is that just a coincidence?

profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13583
That is a pure coincidence. :D

I chose that avatar merely because it looks old, like me. I will change my avatar seeing as he joined long before me. There, now, that is my actual mug.

I don't believe the antichrist to be a singular person, but a symbolic spiritual person opposite to and paralleling the Christ which in effect yet walks this earth through his body of elect. It is to be the true Christ that our praise elevates in the spiritual temple of God but many elevate a false Jesus, one who differs from the true Jesus Christ.

I don't accept that the calculation of 666 is a literal man's name for the Bible does not call such rote calculations, godly "wisdom." The verse speaks about using godly wisdom, not worldly mundane wisdom. And we are told, "Here is where [godly] wisdom comes in: Let the one that has [spiritual] intelligence calculate the number of the wild beast, for it is a man’s number; and its number is six hundred and sixty-six."

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #28

Post by Benoni »

six is the number of man and three is the number of fullness. The fullness of man.

Man was created on the six day

Three is written in many patterns in scripture, (Father , Son Holy Spirit), thirty sixty, 100 fold etc.

1 Corin 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world (age) are come.

NT:5178 a

tupikos (toop-ee-kos'); an adverb related to NT:5179; found only in 1 Cor 10:11: as a warning, by way of example, typologically (i.e. figuratively, as a prophetic type, a typological interpretation of Scripture).

Left Site
Apprentice

Post #29

Post by Left Site »

Benoni wrote: 666

six is the number of man and three is the number of fullness. The fullness of man.

Man was created on the six day

Three is written in many patterns in scripture, (Father , Son Holy Spirit), thirty sixty, 100 fold etc.

1 Corin 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world (age) are come.

NT:5178 a

tupikos (toop-ee-kos'); an adverb related to NT:5179; found only in 1 Cor 10:11: as a warning, by way of example, typologically (i.e. figuratively, as a prophetic type, a typological interpretation of Scripture).
Yes, IMHO you are on the right trail.

God rested from his work of creating physical things after that 6th day but Jesus told us, “My Father has kept working until now, and I keep working.� (John 5:17)

Why?

Physical creation was finished in six days, but the perfection of man's image of God would require a seventh day. Thus we find a seventh day spoken of in Genesis wherein God would teach his new creation, thus lifting it up spiritually so that it would be of the same incorruptible sorts as God and the Son.

We thus find that the number 7 is used scripturally to represent God's full completion of things to perfection in God's image. That is why Psalms 12:6 says, "The sayings of Jehovah are pure sayings, As silver refined in a smelting furnace of earth, clarified seven times."

Thus 6 represents that man can never on his own perfect himself to the level of holiness man was designed to be capable of achieving with God's help.

And you are right about that number 3. Three times anything denotes it being of the highest importance.

Unfortunately, man's number 666 represents that man is stuck with his focus on his own ability and considers that of the highest importance. Thus man of his own power is doomed to always fail to reach the perfection of holiness that he was created to bear in the image of God. On his own man only achieves a spirit among themselves known as "the man of sin" (the son of perdition). They allow that imperfect spirit to reign in the temples they erect to God, rather than the perfect spirit of the true Jesus. And their works show it.

cbullion
Banned
Banned

Post #30

Post by cbullion »

There are quite a few parallels. Lets take the Four Beasts of Ezekiel's Vision, they are a description of God. Now when God numbers, "man and beast", it is either a description of God only, or more correctly, his salvation program:

II KINGS 19:34 For I will defend this city, to save it, for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake.
II KINGS 19:35 And it came to pass that night, that the angel of the LORD went out, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians an hundred fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they [were] all dead corpses.
II KINGS 19:36 So Sennacherib king of Assyria departed, and went and returned, and dwelt at Nineveh.
II KINGS 19:37 And it came to pass, as he was worshipping in the house of Nisroch his god, that Adrammelech and Sharezer his sons smote him with the sword: and they escaped into the land of Armenia. And Esarhaddon his son reigned in his stead.

David is referred to in this parallel like the book of Revelation. The Figure we are provided with is 185,000 times that with 36, you obtain 6660000.

REVELATION 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six.

Take for example 6660000 and then divide it by 36, you have the division of "Man and Beast" God used in 2 Kings 19:37, which was 185,000................Instead I want to do something different.

I want to avoid, adding to the bible, and removing from the bible (see the above, the figure of 6660000 is much larger than 666)

1. Noah was 600 Years Old when the Flood of Water.
2. Elias is connected to "Threescore" and the Flood of Fire, James 5:17

I CHRONICLES 21:25 So David gave to Ornan for the place six hundred shekels of gold by weight.
I CHRONICLES 21:26 And David built there an altar unto the LORD, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings, and called upon the LORD; and he answered him from heaven by fire upon the altar of burnt offering.

We see Salvation for the Old Testament = 600 (Flood of Water, Moses)
We see Salvation for the New Testament = 66 (Flood of Fire, Elias)

MOSES AND ELIAS WAS SEEN IN HEAVEN (666, OR 666,000 = SALVATION)

1. God used Moses to Save 600,000 out of Egypt
2. God used Jesus to Call Elias from the Cross as a picture of Completion

The 666, for the Salvation of Jesus Christ, then, becomes 666,000 this will be completed with the "Three Days of Darkness" begins, and the "Two Witnesses" (MOSES AND ELIAS) are taken to haven.

After 666,000 Are Saved, God deals with the Last Remnant for 5 Months, and no Sign of Divorce/no Fig Leaves, means all nations will be put to death except for the limited geographic area of the City of Philadelphia USA, according to revelations, in about 5 weeks or so, or whenever. (Jesus Said his Salvation Program was revealed to Peter, James, and John, and illustrated through his gospel by Moses and Elijah/Elias, that is the Water and Fire for the Old and New Testaments, before the Remnant is Saved). (First the Rapture takes place, and then, those that Remain are judged).

(Salvation is impossible for mankind beyond a set number, from the beginning of time, until the end of time, because Jesus is a Living Body. When Jesus becomes a corpse, the Lamb Slain, then those that remain are judged, by the Lamb Slain/Babylon, that is limited to the gospel limited geographic declaration)

(Commentary in Parenthesis)

In terms of euthanasia, that is continually done and on a weekly basis. God holds Aaron accountable with Genetic Dan when euthanasia takes place because there is not sign of divorce, they took pleasure in that death, so they receive that death also. Cross Out Genetic Dan and Gilead from Deu. 34:1-4, there are only Four Separatist Inheritors, that follows Blood/Water/Spirit, and Solomon's Stall's Contradictions.