Trump vs Freedom!

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Trump vs Freedom!

Post #1

Post by DanieltheDragon »

Finally I must say Trump might do some good. An issue in our current political sphere is the polarization of politics. The Freedom Caucus and the far left represent each pole. The intractability with regards to negotiating and compromise has deeply effected the ability of our government to function by cowtowing to the demands of the minorities of either party.

The failure of the most recent swing at health care is the epitome of this issue. Not even with a majority control in congress and the full support of the White House could the right pass a bill. The Freedom caucus is so ideological that no compromise could be made not even among republicans.

The call to primary them might actually do some good. It might even plant the seeds for dems and republican to work together.

For debate is the ideological extremism represented by the freedom caucus good for the Republican Party?

Is it good for congress?

Is it good for America?
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #11

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 10 by Joe1950]

As a Christian I believe the only real freedom comes in having a relationship with God. Trump is one politician among hundreds, he represents a world system that has on the whole failed the people.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Kenisaw
Guru

Re: Trump vs Freedom!

Post #12

Post by Kenisaw »

DanieltheDragon wrote: Finally I must say Trump might do some good. An issue in our current political sphere is the polarization of politics. The Freedom Caucus and the far left represent each pole. The intractability with regards to negotiating and compromise has deeply effected the ability of our government to function by cowtowing to the demands of the minorities of either party.

The failure of the most recent swing at health care is the epitome of this issue. Not even with a majority control in congress and the full support of the White House could the right pass a bill. The Freedom caucus is so ideological that no compromise could be made not even among republicans.

The call to primary them might actually do some good. It might even plant the seeds for dems and republican to work together.

For debate is the ideological extremism represented by the freedom caucus good for the Republican Party?

Is it good for congress?

Is it good for America?
It will never happen, but I'd love for Trump to stand up at his first State of the Union address, look the camera straight in the eye, and ask America to replace every single one of the Senators and Representatives currently sitting in office with someone that is willing to compromise and work towards middle ground.

KenRU
Guru

Re: Trump vs Freedom!

Post #13

Post by KenRU »

DanieltheDragon wrote: Finally I must say Trump might do some good. An issue in our current political sphere is the polarization of politics. The Freedom Caucus and the far left represent each pole. The intractability with regards to negotiating and compromise has deeply effected the ability of our government to function by cowtowing to the demands of the minorities of either party.

Is it good for congress?

Is it good for America?
Both the Democrats and the Republicans have succumbed to extremist stances. Both seem to be under the self-destructive belief that if they compromise or collaborate with the other side that they are doing something bad. And that is why nothing gets done.

There are very few politicians who wish to cross the aisle. The only one lately that I've read about in the media (the same left wing corrupt media - go figure) was Republican John McCain.

(just as a disclaimer, I consider myself neither Dem nor Rep. I believe the two party system has failed).

-all the best
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Steven Weinberg