Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

davidsun
Student

What Jesus Really Meant

Post #1

Post by davidsun »

Hello Everyone -

I would like to share the (just completed, pdf format, 23 pages) first chapter of my treatise, titled "What Jesus Really Meant" with readers who may be interested in it. Commentary, whether supportive or critical, is welcome as it would help guide my formulation of future chapters - three in all are planned.

Clicking on the link below will bring up a page at sendspace.com with a download button on it. You do not have to create and account and sign in to download the document - open with adobe reader or save to download folder options come up when the download button is clicked.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/nmb9hn

The document has embedded links. Clicking on my name on the title page will take you the home page of my website if you want more information about me.

Caveat: my take on Jesus and his world view is NON-traditional. If your views in said regards are in any way 'traditional', I suggest you read the following (excepted) opening paragraphs of the chapter before deciding whether or not to download it, to get a sense of what you may be getting into.

From his saying “This is my body� when breaking bread and “This is my blood� when pouring wine at what has since been referenced as The Last Supper with his disciples (see Matthew 26), it is clear that Jesus rationally grasped as well as mystically (that is, transpersonally) identified with the  Oneness of Creation. If what he meant to communicate by way of such  sayings had been truly apprehended, such utterances may indeed have been  foundational in establishing an ecologically sane, holistically Life-augmentative civilization.

That was not to be the case, however. Because the beliefs of most if not all of those around him at the time were hypnotically rooted in projections that God (to wit, the progenitive Source and Sustainer of Life) was a singular, supremely dictatorial ruler who had especially favored mankind by ‘giving’ them ‘dominion’ over all other earthly creatures (see Genesis 1:26-28), analogous to the way kings of old ‘granted’ lords of old the right to govern less powerful folk living in their territories (as long as said lords remained loyally subservient in relation to said kings, of course), the people around him simply did not register and so could not even begin to comprehend the implications of the fact that such sayings by Jesus actually referenced the matrixial interconnectedness and interdependency of all being.

Making matters worse, as they then also construed his references to being “the Son of God� literally, instead of ‘remembering’ the factuality of above-referenced Oneness of Being as they were directed to (in Luke 22), when would-be followers subsequently gathered together for a ceremonial meal of bread and wine (which observance later became ritualized as The Sacrament of Holy Communion), they just imagined and believed the bread and wine to be miraculously transformed (literally transubstantiated!) into the flesh and blood of Jesus himself* who they idolized and proceeded to worship and pledge allegiance to as the “King of kings and Lord of lords� (I Timothy 6:15‑16) heir of said ‘supreme’ God.
Last edited by davidsun on Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

davidsun
Student

Post #41

Post by davidsun »

Repeating the last excerpted para from my treatise (for context) and continuing from there:

Even in today’s world, I submit, those who haven’t intelligently grasped the implications of the postulates and research findings of Quantum Physics to the degree necessary to meaningfully comprehend the way in which such particle-wave, vibrating matter-energy concept based reality-paradigm ‘explains’ why and how and things ‘manifest’ – and, because only a small fraction of our population is capable of appreciating such abstractions, this references most folks on the planet at present – are much more likely to mentally and emotionally ‘groove’ with and consequently behaviorally operate in a positively functional, holistically co-relative manner using Jesus’ archetypal parent↔offspring schemata.

Holistically co-relative insofar as they may personally be so oriented and inclined, that is. As I’m sure you know, the choices people make tend to be unsalutary and counterproductive to whatever degree their thoughts and emotions continue, as a result of conditioning and habituation, to stem from immediate personal-gratification seeking selfishness. This applies, to one degree or another, to every soul that is still in the process of maturing (spiritually speaking), which pretty much references everyone born on the planet, while still biologically young at least, because souls that have already matured, or ‘ripened’, to the point of becoming ‘perfectly’ (so to speak) holistic really have nothing more to learn and developmentally accomplish by way of incarnating as a personal-self locus in the context of a world comprised of sensorially separate nodes of Life, such as ours – except perhaps in exceptional cases, to munificently articulate the range of choices at hand and alert audiences to the consequences thereof as well as, by leading exemplary lives in said regards themselves, to catalytically spark the maturational ‘fruition’ of others at critical, ‘make or break’ junctures in history wherein those involved must either participatorily move ‘forward’ (in the context of Life’s dynamically evolutionary stream) by choosing to transcending selfish instincts and becoming more integrally related to others or spiritually regress and possibly even disintegrate (i.e. completely lose soulful coherency in relation to Life) if they ‘fail’ to do so.

Whatever the paradigmatic scheme of Reality (Life, Creation, God, Self‑Realization, Being-Becoming, Evolution, etc.) one subscribes to, the fact is that personal functionality and development may be ‘for better or for worse’ (relatively speaking) in It. From what Jesus said in response to his disciples’ asking him about his method of communication – “Therefore speak I to them in parables { ;) to Sparko}: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand … for this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. For verily I say unto you, that many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.� (Matthew 13:13-17) – it is clear he was quite aware of and, because he understood the Life-Force in everyone to be self-determining, completely accepted as a given the fact that people who remained cold-heartedly ensconced in narrow-minded selfishness would not intelligently ‘groove’ with the universality of the truth which the familial Father↔Son metaphor he used representationally illustrated in any event.

Whether or not he foresaw the ways in which what he said would be misinterpreted and how such interpretation would be abusively wielded and what might therefore result is questionable, however. Quite lamentable consequences historically stemmed from and repercussively still continue to deleteriously affect and detract from the quality of the Life-experience and Life-expression of huge numbers of people because of the degree to which personal neediness and greediness and other selfish tendencies, which typically govern the thoughts, feelings and behaviors of social-fad and gang-mentality inclined ‘groupies’, resulted in absurdly rationalized misconstruals and grossly unconscionable misapplications of what he said cascading and running rampant.*

[Sidenote*: What have been called The Holy Wars and The Inquisition are just a couple of the more glaring examples of said ‘happening’!
Not that there haven’t also been many enlightened interpretations and applications of the truth pertaining to Life by altruistically oriented souls who’ve independently digested and chosen to proceed on the basis of the holistic knowledge and self-transcendent wisdom they’ve garnered from what Jesus and his more exemplary followers said and did, mind you { ;) to Sparko}. But the historical fact most relevant to the point I am attempting to make regarding the ‘mainstream’ obfuscation of what Jesus actually meant to communicate is that, in the early days of Christianity, when it became established as a sociopolitical movement, people were so prone to being seduced and captivated by, and consequently zealously serving to bolster and promulgate, personal and group self-interest reifying rationalizations (to an even greater degree than they are nowdays, if you can imagine!), that, co-optively declaring themselves to be ‘true’ followers en masse, flag-waving ‘Christians’ passionately embraced and vociferously promoted literal interpretations of Jesus’ “Son of God�, “I and my Father are One� (John 10:31), and similar pronouncements.* More sensible, potentially truly enlightening interpretations and understandings of what he actually meant by them consequently got little or no ‘air time’ and even as of this writing { ;) to Sparko} are given little or no thoughtful consideration.
[Sidenote*: Readers may wish to review the first paragraph of the About His Sonship section at this point since what’s said there highlights the sociopolitical power-grab aspect of such gambit.
In complete disregard and, in effect, eclipse of:

• the fact that there are numerous references to “the sons of God� (in the plural!) in the texts of both The Old Testament and The New Testament, as in: “The sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose� (Genesis 6:2); “When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?� (Job 38:7), and “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God� (Romans 8:14);

• and the fact that Jesus himself argued that others could be legitimately described as having a godly ‘identity’ as well: “Jesus answered them, Many good works have I showed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? [They] answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?� (John 10:31-36);

• and the fact that Jesus (the gestalt of his spiritual consciousness, really) was also referenced as “the Son of man�, in many cases by Jesus himself, as, for instance, in: “He asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?� (Matthew 16:13), and “For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.� (Luke 17:24) {by the way, as a matter of record, a perfunctory text-search on my computer identified about 88 “Son of man� references in The New Testament, in contrast to which I found less than 50 references to “the Son of God� in it, of which only a handful can possibly be read as having been said by Jesus in reference to himself, the rest clearly being attributions made by others};

in C.E. 325 leading ‘Church Fathers’, summoned to a council meeting in Nicaea to iron out their ideological differences and then conjointly backed up as a group by the governing Roman rulers, consolidated their ideological, mass-hypnotic group-think coup of Christianity with what has since become known as the Nicene Creed, which all would-be ‘Christians’ were thereafter required to publicly embrace and pledge allegiance to (they'd be summarily excommunicated if they didn’t!) which read: “We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of all things visible and invisible. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, begotten [a later revision changed this word to the phrase ‘the only-begotten’] of the Father; Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father; By whom all things were made; Who for us men, and for our salvation, came down and was incarnate and was made man; He suffered, and the third day he rose again, ascended into heaven; From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. …�

As is true of any amalgam of logically interwoven conceptual statements, this creedal declaration has many possible implications and so may be differently understood, of course. Undeniable, however, is the fact that it literally excludes any and all possible metaphorical interpretations of the Father↔Son paradigm for Creation, such as the one I proffer, which is that the entirety of Creation as an existential Entity, not the personage of Jesus himself, is what he referenced as ‘the Son’ when and as he spoke for said Creation – when and as he channeled* Its spirit, one might say – as a result of his personally, mentally and emotionally, choosing to completely ‘identify’ with It (i.e. with said Living Entity). I submit, this is the only way in which his saying “This is my body� when sharing bread and “This is my blood� when dispensing wine may be regarded as making real sense.

[Sidenote*: Others have also spoken in similar fashion mind you, as they ‘channeled’ the spirit of Life Itself, variously referenced as God, the Self, the Creator, the Prime Cause, and the Father (the latter in the context of the above-mentioned paradigm). In Chapter 7 (of my favorite translation) of The Bhagavad Gita, for example, It is recorded as having ‘said’:

“Earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intellect and personality; this is the eightfold division of My Manifested Nature. This is My inferior Nature; but distinct from this, O Valiant One, know thou that my Superior Nature is the very Life which sustains the universe. It is the womb of all being; for I am He by Whom the worlds were created and shall be dissolved.

“O Arjuna! There is nothing higher than Me; all is strung upon Me as rows of pearls upon a thread: I am the Fluidity in water, the Light in the sun and in the moon. I am the mystic syllable Om in the Vedic scriptures, the Sound in ether, the Virility in man. I am the Fragrance of earth, the Brilliance of fire. I am the Life Force in all beings, and I am the Austerity of the ascetics. … I am the eternal Seed of being; I am the Intelligence of the intelligent, the Splendor of the resplendent. I am the Strength of the strong, of them who are free from attachment and desire; and … I am the Desire for righteousness. Whatever be the nature of their life, whether it be pure or passionate or ignorant, they are all derived from Me.�

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #42

Post by Divine Insight »

davidsun wrote: It is important that one remain aware of the fact that the terms Love and Joy, both individually and together, designate spiritual phenomena.
Fact?

Sorry, but that very view is extremely subjective, and the truth is that terms like Love and Joy, are both ill-defined terms, and they represent extremely subjective concepts that not everyone even views in the same way.

Not everyone feels love for the same person. In fact, often times what people actually mean when they say "love" is indeed associated with physical attraction. This is especially true in the case "lovers" who find each other physically attractive. And those physical characteristic and why they might be attractive can be quantified. In fact, commercial industry actually uses this fact to add "sex appeal" to the commercials associated with their products.

And even when "Love" is not associated with sexual attraction, it also almost always has other components. For example, parents are going to tend to love their own children more than the children of other people. There are many reasons for this, and they can also be understood in terms of physical relationships.

Almost no one love every other human equally, unless they are defining "love" to simply mean that they don't like to see anyone harmed. But again, that can be reduced to a dislike of physical and/or emotional pain. Again, something that can be easily understood in terms of physics. It may not loan itself to precise mathematical quantification, but that's not a requirement for something to be recognized as being a physical process. The reason we can't quantify these "feelings" is because of their complexity, and because different people have feelings for different reasons. So not only can we not be certain of all the things that have an effect on a person's feelings, but apparently different effects affect different people in different ways.

Just because these things are subjective depending on how a person thinks, doesn't mean that they aren't physical attributes.

And finally, the term Joy, is extremely vague and ill-defined. I can assure you that I find "joy" in things that my sister would find absolutely boring and/or highly undesirable, and vice versa. So what represents "Joy" to her is quite different from what represents "Joy" to me. Thus leaving the term totally ill-defined in any absolute sense. The only meaningful definition of "Joy" would be whatever a specific person finds desirable and uplifting, etc.

So to simply proclaim that these things are necessarily "spiritual" and cannot be understood in terms of physics, is simply wrong.

In fact, anything that any human is going to associate with "Joy" is almost always going to have a physical component. It fact it absolutely has to because humans can't even truly imagine anything that is "non-physical". Even love requires a physical object to be "loved". Humans themselves are physical objects. If you love a human, then you love a physical object.

So to simply proclaim that Love and Joy are spiritual and cannot be understood in physical terms is simply a false proclamation that has no basis in fact.

Proclaiming something to be a fact, doesn't make it so.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #43

Post by Divine Insight »

davidsun wrote: What Divine Insight has presented are just the theories and views of Scientists who are into certain mathematical-equation supported theories. As I present and (will) get around to contextually presenting (here), later on in my chapter:
By the way, if you are going to use Quantum Mechanics as support for your speculations then you cannot dismiss the views of the scientists who have discovered it, studied it, and work with it daily.

Like Deepak Chopra, you are just trying to pretend that Quantum Mechanics supports your views, when in fact it doesn't.

And the fact that it doesn't is revealed by your quote above where you actually dismiss the Quantum Physicists as you abuse their theories for your own speculative spiritual agenda.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

davidsun
Student

Post #44

Post by davidsun »

Divine Insight wrote:Proclaiming something to be a fact, doesn't make it so.
Same applies to proclaiming something not to be a 'fact', wouldn't you agree?

I appreciate the full-ness of your thought-consideration and opinion-expression.

davidsun
Student

Post #45

Post by davidsun »

Continuing with the text of my thesis:

Alas, the organically interleaved nature of the Creator↔Creation dynamic we are involved in (yet to be elucidated herein) which Jesus metaphorically addressed using the Father↔Son paradigm remained beyond the comprehension of the majority of his would-be followers and adherents. Pretentiously ‘righteous’ proclamations pompously made on the basis of literal interpretations of his Father-and-Son relationship statements by ‘leaders’ among them pretty much ensured that there would be a complete black out of genuine sensibility in this regard in their ranks. And, as these interpretations became the only ones socially ratified and sanctioned, in due course the personalized, “sole Father-God and ‘His’ only begotten Son-Heir� narrative enabled those purporting to be their ordained ‘ministers’ and the ‘rulers’ whose power to impose their will on others said ministers ‘officially’ legitimized, in cahoots together claiming to act in said Father & Son’s ‘family’ name (i.e. on behalf of ‘Christianity’), spawned a wave of totalitarian imperialism wherein any and all belief systems based on any other conceptualizations pertaining to the Reality of Life were declared to be anathema and decimated as entire populations were then doctrinally brainwashed and militarily subjugated, turned into and treated like ‘sheep’ as it were. (I can just imagine Jesus jumping off of his metaphorical ‘seat’ in ‘heaven’ shouting a resounding “No!� upon seeing how his bucolic ‘good shepherd’ analogy (John 10:11) was connivingly co-opted and exploited for grotesquely selfish {as differentiated from holistic} purposes by priestly and ruling class members over a vast swath of history!)

The only stoppages in the above regard historically being in relation to populations which were militarily powerful enough to successfully resist and repel, or culturally sophisticated enough to otherwise neutralize,* any such attempt at subversive infiltration and domination, as was true, for example, in the case of Arabic speaking peoples who cohesively coalesced around the conceptual formulations and idealogical principles articulated in the ‘messages’ of an alternative Godly-Spirit ‘channeling’ prophet, namely Muhammad, who righteously criticized and rejected the above-referenced form of Christianity (which preached and promulgated Jesus-as-the-Son-of-God ‘worship’ and ‘obedience’) as just being another abominable instance of adulterous (for the purpose of selfish gratification) idolatry which insubordinately disrespected and betrayed spiritual values deriving from the ‘dictates’ of pertaining-to-any-and-every-one-without-special-consideration-or-exception holistic Truth.

[Sidenote*: In contrast, Hinduism simply ‘absorbed’ the character of Jesus as being another avatar of Vishnu, thereby blowing the idea that he was the only begotten Son of God as well as the claim that ‘Christian’ church and governmental authorities were said Father & Son duo’s only legitimate earthly functionaries right out of the water (so to speak) without engaging in any ‘argument’ or consequent ‘fight’ in said regard whatsoever.]
Unfortunately – albeit this characterization bears qualification because of the fact that there were and continue to be notable improvements in the quality of people’s relational awareness and consequent behavior and experience in many cases as a result of the growth and spread of the core teachings of both Christianity and Islam, and the reasonableness of the hypothesis that, given the primitiveness of the instinctual desire-systems that people were generally rooted in when these were promulgated, what historically happened was probably the ‘best’ that could happen under the circumstances – paralleling what happened in the case of ego-bound ‘Christians’ who therefore couldn’t truly relate to what Jesus’s holistic sayings really meant, passionately self‑righteous ‘Muslims’ co-opted Islam, blind to the fact they were just as selfishly biased as said ‘Christians’ inasmuch as they followed suit by idolatrously sanctifying Muhammad as being more ‘god-connected’ than any other Prophet and adamantly asserting that their group-think interpretations and applications of his channeled messages (which were compiled into The Quran) and judgmental pronouncements (as compiled in The Hadith) were absolutely correct and final in relation to everyone everywhere for all time, in a similar (actually, in many cases I would say even more rabid), “If you don’t embrace and support exactly what we believe and dictate, you are not a true Muslim and so deserve to be berated and punished and, if you continue to believe and do something other than what we say is ‘right’, executed as an infidel,� sectarian fashion! Among other things, this set the stage for the historically brutally bloody clash between the two totalitarian-dogma embracing culture streams (namely ‘Christianity’ and ‘Islam’) which, despite the advent and influx of what’s been called the Age of Reason, wherein more salubriously functional philosophies and endeavors such as Modern Science* and Social Democracy* took root and spread, still continues to negatively impact the life-experience and life-expression of a great many people, often spawning a great deal of vilification and dysfunctional scape-goating in the process, all over the world.
[Sidenote*: I will get back to discussing Jesus’ understanding of the nature of the relationship between That which creates and That which is created, between God and Man or ‘the Father’ and ‘the Son’ in other words. In this sidebar, to further stimulate and engage the attention of readers who may not have appreciated the caliber of his genius as yet, relating to what I mentioned in the preceding paragraph, I submit that:

Modern Science, though it only blossomed as a philosophy and endeavor relatively recently, historically speaking, sprouted from his having seeded sayings like: “Seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you;� (Matthew 7:7) and

Social Democracy, though it too only blossomed relatively recently, sprouted from his parable-izing: “Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.� (Matthew 25:34-40).

(That being said, please note I don’t mean to provide anyone waving the ‘flags’ of Reason, Science, and/or Democracy with a ‘free pass’ of any kind either. Ideational concepts and constructs are just mental devices which, as in the case of physical tools, may be used for good or ill, or both. And the fact remains that we, as a species, still have a long way to go in terms of embracing holistic purpose and developing integrity in relation thereto. So watch that you aren’t seduced by highfalutin rationalizations in these regards. Because most individuals and groups are still primarily selfishly motivated, just as in the cases of ‘Christianity’ and ‘Islam’, these designations are also often co-opted and used to white-wash particular belief and value sets as being ‘right’ or ‘best’, as well as to discredit and dismiss differing others as being ‘faulty’ or ‘deficient’, in self-serving fashion.)]

davidsun
Student

Post #46

Post by davidsun »

Continuing with the text of my thesis:

Now, returning to the main purpose of this treatise, let’s set the record straight by specifically focusing on and contemplating what Jesus actually said about his relationship with ‘the Father’ (i.e. the spirit of our creative Source, a/k/a God, as in “God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth,� John 4:24) when and as he transpersonally identified with and so assumed – one might say, he ‘became’ – the character of ‘the Son’ (i.e. the spirit of the Entity of all created Being, a/k/a Christ, as in “The woman saith unto him, ‘I know that Messiah cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.’ Jesus saith unto her, ‘I that speak unto thee am he.’� John 4:25-26):

Many would rather simply believe that by saying “I and my Father are one� (John 10:30) Jesus unequivocally asserted that the gestalts of his and his/our Father’s spirits were absolutely identical, that they were literally one and the same aspect of Life in action; case closed. Such statement may certainly be read that way and, taken by itself, used to support God-concept co-opting narratives such as the one presented in the Nicene Creed which proclaims that the personage of Jesus was “begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made;� etc. But it may also be taken to mean that Jesus thought and felt that his and said Father-God’s spirits were dynamically integrated and functionally co-operational, and so united as ‘one’, metaphorically speaking, in terms of purpose and consequence – analogous to the way in which partners who aren’t identical may accomplish something they both desire when and as they work together in a complementary manner, which they couldn’t and so wouldn’t be able to creatively accomplish if each worked alone. (This is what holism really means, by the way: “Holism is based upon idea that: the whole is more than the sum of its constitutive parts, so reduction of the whole to its constitutive elements eliminates some factors which are present only when a being is seen as a whole. For example, synergy is generated through the interaction of parts but it does not exist if we take parts alone.�)

For those who have reached the point where they are capable of dispassionately pondering such matters, I submit that “The Father is in me, and I in him� (John 10:38) which Jesus added in the same speech-sequence (as “I and my Father are one�) clearly shows the latter understanding to be what he actually meant to communicate. Notwithstanding the meta-truth that every ‘feature’ of Creativity (Life, God, Reality, Being – however you wish to view and reference It) is an inseparably integral aspect of one all-inclusive phenomenon, in light of which any and all conceptual ‘divisions’ which distinguish aspects of It one from another may be seen to really just be navigational aides at best, this saying indicates that Jesus ‘saw’ that there was a dynamic, two-way flow-connection between the primally progenitive soul of ‘the Father’ and the consequentially co-generative soul-constellation of ‘the Son’, such that the outflow from one functions as inflow in relation to the other in continuously ongoing outflow→inflow→ad infinitum fashion. (Readers capable of engaging in abstract thought experiments may appreciate the kind of experience an observer walking lengthwise along the seemingly two-sided ‘surface’ of a mobius strip would have and, if reasonably intelligent, sooner or later grok as analogically ‘explaining’ the never-ending ‘story’ of ever-ongoing Father↔Son Creation.)

Actually, Jesus’ vision was even more penetrating and far-seeing than even the statement “The Father is in me, and I in him� implies. Presaging that wave-ripples of awareness and spiritual espousal of what he ‘saw’, embraced and articulated would spread and become so mutually validating and reinforcing as to eventually peak in a worldwide crescendo, continuing to identify with and so speak in the ‘persona’ of the Entity of all Creation, he then went on to say, “At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.� (John 14:20) Such statement cannot possibly be made sense of using simple, linear A→B→C logic, of course, but how aspects of the identities of personal and transpersonal beings (beingnesses, really) can operationally be ‘in’ one another becomes readily understandable when and as one realizes, as more and more people are now doing, that our existential reality is a matrixially interwoven, dynamically living (that is, creatively growing, developing, evolving, etc.) system wherein the output of every personal and transpersonal component of said system functions as input in relation to any and all other components which, because of constitutional similarities and/or complementary affiliations, are vibrationally ‘attuned’ thereto, such that the process of every singular or compound element thereof, ‘from the least to the greatest’, ultimately directly or indirectly affects and is affected by the process of every other aspect of Life.

Whether or not you find what’s just been said fully comprehensible or believable right now, I hope you at least register and contemplatively entertain the implications of the fact that, if and as the above-quoted words (i.e. “I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you�), whereby Jesus shared his understanding of the way in which the spiritual constellations of our all-pervasive ‘Father’, all-inclusive ‘Son’, and each and every one of their expressive constituents creatively interfuse and commingle with one another, are regarded as being truly descriptive of the nature and dynamic of existential Being and Becoming, historically embraced views of God and/or Nature as being completely superordinate and so absolutely ‘ruling’ nexi of power, and consequently of the process of Creation as being either ‘designed’ or ‘destined’ to unfold and play out in accordance with His or Its ‘laws’ in totally subordinate ways, are seen for what they are: personal validity and significance disbelieving and (so) denying distortions of what is really the (universal!) case.

davidsun
Student

Post #47

Post by davidsun »

What, no questions or comments (I mean other than Divine Insight's already posted excellent ones)? Oh well, continuing with the text of my treatise (repeating the last paragraph for context):

Whether or not you find what’s just been said fully comprehensible or believable right now, I hope you at least register and contemplatively entertain the implications of the fact that, if and as the above-quoted words (i.e. “I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you�), whereby Jesus shared his understanding of the way in which the spiritual constellations of our all-pervasive ‘Father’, all-inclusive ‘Son’, and each and every one of their expressive constituents creatively interfuse and commingle with one another, are regarded as being truly descriptive of the nature and dynamic of existential Being and Becoming, historically embraced views of God and/or Nature as being completely superordinate and so absolutely ‘ruling’ nexi of power, and consequently of the process of Creation as being either ‘designed’ or ‘destined’ to unfold and play out in accordance with His or Its ‘laws’ in totally subordinate ways, are seen for what they are: personal validity and significance disbelieving and (so) denying distortions of what is really the (universal!) case.

I addressed the same truth analogically in the book, titled Godspeak 2000 {available as a free pdf download from my website}, which I completed in 1999 by way of saying: “Your life is a part of all Life, much the way the movement of a molecule in its membrane is an integral component of a drum’s total excitation. What you know as Life-on-Earth is the conjoint response of our global ‘drumhead’ to a cosmic ‘drumbeat’, partly a function of activity stemming from the sun itself and partly a function of planetary movements. Like a tuning fork, but with much greater complexity because of the tremendous multiplicity and mutuality of our involvement, we all ‘vibrate’ together in reflexive co-motion.� Beware, however, as in the case of any purely mechanical analogy, this too may be misleading: The ‘drummer’ in our case is actually the Spirit which lives in and animates everything and everyone everywhere everywhen at once. It’s not like our sun and/or our planetary configurations are especially causal, in other words. Every aspect of Being, including ‘you’, is an influenced and influential, hence functionally integral, aspect of The Flow* of Creativity,* without exception.

[Sidenote*: Note: these asterisked words reference the same features of Life that Jesus metaphorically alluded to as ‘the Son’ and ‘the Father’, which many also think and speak of as Christ and God, respectively, just in more action-descriptive terms I think.
That being said, it has more recently struck me that developments in the field of modern computer systems may provide us with an even more illustrative model for the universally creative, feedback-loop based interfusion of the Essence of Creativity and the Life of every individual and amalgamated aspect of Its expression. To explore this proposition, imagine if you will that the main aim or goal of said Essence’s ‘program’ – the primary motive (i.e. ‘desire’) ensconced in its ‘source code’ – is to maximally express and thereby experience Love and Joy, to Joyfully express and experience Love and Lovingly express and experience Joy to the greatest possible degree in every possible way, or something like that.*
[Sidenote*: Not that this is the only available supposition, mind you. Many, for example, think and feel that the expression and experience of Power and Success is Life’s prime imperative and so believe that maximal actualization and experience of these must be the Cat’s Meow (idiomatically speaking). However, since I myself most keenly enjoy recalling and vicariously reliving the loving and joyful times I had as a child, and as I continue to spontaneously resonate with the ‘Spirit’ exuberantly displayed in the antics of the (unadulterated by conditioning) young of many species including ours, also having deeply appreciated ‘returning’ to expressing and experiencing Love and Joy after sometimes lengthy dry-spell detours and digressions therefrom, and having gradually become more and more thoughtfully impressed by what’s conveyed by such of Jesus’ sayings as: “Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.� (Matthew 18:3); “Because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure [i.e. keep on being loving] unto the end, the same shall be saved.� (Matthew 24:12-13); and “Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.� (Matthew 25:34), the proposition pertaining to the expression and experience of Love and Joy which I put forward in the preceding paragraph is the one I believe to be and so suggest is both the most pertinent and the most propitious in the long term.
Next, to picture the activity of the Living Entity of our Creation (i.e. of ‘the Son’), imagine a universe-sized network made up of an infinite array of banks upon banks of computers matrixially web-strung together by way of both parallel and series connections, all simultaneously, individually and together, multi-processing the above referenced Love and Joy ‘program’, with each processor and every amalgamation thereof functionally outputting the ‘solution’ it ‘calculates’ will most probably yield the greatest possible Love and Joy ‘result’ in its case (as far as it can prognostically project, that is), which ‘solution’ then operationally functions as input in relation of any and all associated processors to whatever extent they ‘calculate’ it to be relevant to their own Love and Joy process, such that said output-n-input data-packet sequences co-actively ripple and reverberate around the network, sparking Love and Joy focused perceptions and decisions (i.e. experiences and expressions) which conjointly determine what takes place here, there and everywhere in ‘the body’ of said Entity* over the course of time.
[Sidenote*: “In him we live, and move, and have our being� (Acts 17:28) is how this was articulated by one who conceptualized said Entity as being the (male) ‘Son’ of the Spirit of the universal (male) ‘Father’ of Being, two millennia ago.
As it ties many otherwise disparate, often apparently functionally contradictory aspects of Life’s process together in ways which make sense to me, I proffer this Love and Joy ‘program’ being universally, round-after-round multiprocessed on a network of ‘computers’ model as potentially being of significant navigational assistance to others who also aim to holistically optimize the progression of Life in and around themselves, as I do.
David

davidsun
Student

Post #48

Post by davidsun »

Continuing with the text of my article, inviting feedback:
-----
As it ties many otherwise disparate, often apparently functionally contradictory aspects of Life’s process together in ways which make sense to me, I proffer this Love and Joy ‘program’ being universally, round-after-round multiprocessed on a network of ‘computers’ model as potentially being of significant navigational assistance to others who also aim to holistically optimize the progression of Life in and around themselves, as I do. Before I get back to focusing on and discussing what I think the true meaning of others of Jesus’ sayings relating to this is, however, it strikes me that some caveats pertaining to its use may be in order:

It is important that one remain aware of the fact that the terms Love and Joy, both individually and together, designate spiritual phenomena. Different kinds and degrees of Love and Joy can’t actually be quantitatively measured and compared, as may be done when dealing with different frequencies and intensities of electromagnetic waves, for instance. Love and Joy related experiences and expressions therefore can’t really be processed in either simple (2x + 2x = 4x or 8x – 5x = 3x, for example) or complex (∑f(x) →X, for example) mathematical terms. Subjective discernment and contextual decision-making as to what will and won’t best serve to augment your and/or others’ experience and expression of Love and Joy is always necessary. As in the case of Jesus’ Father↔Son paradigm, this multi-modal ‘computer’ platform running a Love and Joy ‘program’ model is only an ideational device which, by prompting you to pay attention to and continue to learn more about the determinative aspects of the flow of various kinds of Love and Joy, may help you to personally become more aware of and so be able to more functionally ‘surf’ what’s going on in and around you at any given point in Life augmenting directions.

Besides, a formulaic approach to issues pertaining to Love and Joy won’t work even as a means of approximation because the human condition is complicated to the point of convolution by the fact that we are all born into and so naturally identify with bodies which are biologically geared to experience Love and Joy in selfish (i.e. personal-gratification focused) ways. As anyone who has personally dealt with ‘problematic’ people has had ample occasion to intimately know, those so enthralled not only don’t see and appreciate the possibility and value of qualitatively better kinds of experiences and expressions of Love and Joy (i.e. of Life Itself) which would accrue if they chose to accept, embrace and act ‘in accord’ with the Love and Joy requirements of other co-related aspects of Life, but also often delusionally rationalize doing the very opposite of that as being the most Love and Joy enhancing (in their case, that is) way to go. To mention some of the more common, ultimately disaster-spawning emotional ‘sinks’ which such folks are prone to getting sucked into: fear, greed, and hate are essentially demoniacally warped (by selfishness!) gestalts of insecure, dissatisfied and disappointed Love.

People who thus, more or less ‘blindly’, not only fail to beneficially seed and nurture but also unduly detract from and unconscionably degrade the quality of Life’s Love and Joy flow present those who wish to holistically optimize and augment said process with troublesome issues to philosophically diagnose and situationally resolve (to whatever extent they may be able to pragmatically do so) as well as with potential impediments to circumnavigate (to whatever extent said issues remain intractable). In either case, the ‘task’ at hand – the ‘opportunity’ for soul maturation, really – being to develop and implement the wisdom (self-mastery, really) necessary to do so without getting side-tracked (by the temptations of selfishness) from and losing sight of (hence the idea of ‘lost’ souls) Life’s indigenous* goal, which is to maximally experience and express Love and Joy in the context of worldly, i.e. multi-nodal, existence.

Sidenote*: “Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.� (Matthew 25:34)
I highlight the complexity of the workings of our universal program so readers (or hearers) of this Love and Joy ‘message’ don’t naively think that just sharing whatever means and avenues to ‘greater’ Love and Joy they and/or others have personally discovered with everyone will result in the establishment of some kind of utopia. It won’t, anymore, say, than simply ensuring that everyone has a well-paying job or a livable income without one, or similar ‘equal opportunity’ measures, will in and of themselves result in the creation of a harmonious, environmentally sound, “heaven on earth� kind of society. The fact is that souls have to ultimately learn for themselves, by considering the possible relevance (or irrelevance) of their own and others’ observations and experiences and ideational constructions relating thereto, as well as experimentally exploring various hypotheses in said regards, what will and what won’t serve to augment their and others’ Love and Joy experience and expression in co-relation to and with one another. Our multiprocessor system set-up is such that, though one may certainly transmit information pertaining to the merits and demerits of various ‘ways’, as well as, to some degree at least, open ‘avenues’ whereby others may move ahead and close others whereby they may regress in this regard, and though one may experience spiritual fulfillment oneself in the process of doing so, no one can ever actually ‘see’ or ‘walk’ someone else’s Love and Joy path for him or her!

The ideational finger-point here being that, though remnants of selfishness and empathy with others stemming therefrom may incline one to wish, and if such wish is strong enough even believe, that the domain of Love and Joy could or should be otherwise, in order to become truly holistic one must (first) integrally grasp, (then) wholeheartedly accept and embrace, and (finally) uncompromisingly choose to act ‘in accord’ with the fact that, because selfishness is skewed toward partiality, those who succumb to the gravitational pull of selfish gratification, as they end up either just remaining so fixated or, worse, spiraling ‘down’ into the ‘black hole’ of insatiety, preclude the transcendental possibility of their butterfly-emerging out of the confines of their selfish (personal-identity) ‘cocoon’ by way of completely synergic, because spiritually impartial, experience and expression of Love and Joy in communion with the Totality of Life, which is the only way a soul may do so. In any given lifetime, that is: “Other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.� (John 10:16), was Jesus’ way of saying that such spiritual ‘calling’ to transcend selfishness and enter into communion, which souls may ‘get on board’ with or ‘miss the boat’ in relation to, is repeatedly both wave-transmitted and wave-received from age to age.
David

davidsun
Student

Post #49

Post by davidsun »

Closing out this chapterial ;) presentation, repeating the last two paras from the preceding piece for context, still hoping (though 'weakening' in said regard) to engage in discussion of these ideas with interested others:

I highlight the complexity of the workings of our universal program so readers (or hearers) of this Love and Joy ‘message’ don’t naively think that just sharing whatever means and avenues to ‘greater’ Love and Joy they and/or others have personally discovered with everyone will result in the establishment of some kind of utopia. It won’t, anymore, say, than simply ensuring that everyone has a well-paying job or a livable income without one, or similar ‘equal opportunity’ measures, will in and of themselves result in the creation of a harmonious, environmentally sound, “heaven on earth� kind of society. The fact is that souls have to ultimately learn for themselves, by considering the possible relevance (or irrelevance) of their own and others’ observations and experiences and ideational constructions relating thereto, as well as experimentally exploring various hypotheses in said regards, what will and what won’t serve to augment their and others’ Love and Joy experience and expression in co-relation to and with one another. Our multiprocessor system set-up is such that, though one may certainly transmit information pertaining to the merits and demerits of various ‘ways’, as well as, to some degree at least, open ‘avenues’ whereby others may move ahead and close others whereby they may regress in this regard, and though one may experience spiritual fulfillment oneself in the process of doing so, no one can ever actually ‘see’ or ‘walk’ someone else’s Love and Joy path for him or her!

The ideational finger-point here being that, though remnants of selfishness and empathy with others stemming therefrom may incline one to wish, and if such wish is strong enough even believe, that the domain of Love and Joy could or should be otherwise, in order to become truly holistic one must (first) integrally grasp, (then) wholeheartedly accept and embrace, and (finally) uncompromisingly choose to act ‘in accord’ with the fact that, because selfishness is skewed toward partiality, those who succumb to the gravitational pull of selfish gratification, as they end up either just remaining so fixated or, worse, spiraling ‘down’ into the ‘black hole’ of insatiety, preclude the transcendental possibility of their butterfly-emerging out of the confines of their selfish (personal-identity) ‘cocoon’ by way of completely synergic, because spiritually impartial, experience and expression of Love and Joy in communion with the Totality of Life, which is the only way a soul may do so. In any given lifetime, that is: “Other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.� (John 10:16), was Jesus’ way of saying that such spiritual ‘calling’ to transcend selfishness and enter into communion, which souls may ‘get on board’ with or ‘miss the boat’ in relation to, is repeatedly both wave-transmitted and wave-received from age to age.

Jesus’ prescient depiction of the next such ‘coming’ event, wherein those who are prepared to do so soulfully ‘wake up’ to the Whole Truth and therefore enter into and thereafter continue to consciously live in communion with the Totality of Life while others ‘fall’ by the wayside and get recyled (so to speak), to wit: “As the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. … they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.� (Matthew 24:27-30) does not mean that he will then literally flash across the sky and be seen everywhere as he ‘gloriously’ orbits the planet in person. People who are emotionally invested in worshiping Jesus himself as a super-magical genie kind of God will undoubtedly regard the explanation that follows as being unacceptably heretical, but assuming you are not one such – why would you still be engaged in exploring this thesis otherwise? – let me submit that the above-quoted statement only makes real sense if one interprets it metaphorically, with “heaven� being understood as referencing the realm of consciousness and (so) “the clouds� as referencing the particularities of ideological constellations, or philosophies, within it.

“The Son of man� alludes to the corpus of human apprehension, or ‘knowing’ – often spoken of as Cosmic Consciousness – pertaining to the Life as a Whole; that is, the entirety of the living system composed by and of our creative Source (i.e. God, ‘the Father’), All That Is (i.e. The Entity of Creation, ‘the Son’, a/k/a Christ), and everyone’s relationally interfused interaction(s) therewith and therein, as postulated and discussed herein hitherto. The “lightning� that shines “out of the east … even unto the west� analogically dramatizes the way in which powerfully functional thoughts, i.e. ‘knowings’, are psychically transmitted and received and (so) spread throughout our noosphere.* The overall implication, of course, being that consciousness of what the words “I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you� (John 14:20) super-succinctly signify will illuminatingly permeate the thinking of holistically inclined people wherever they may be located all over the world.

Sidenote*: A noteworthy example of noospheric knowledge-gestalt transmission-and-reception phenomenon, well documented by clearly consequent changes in course of human history, is how Martin Luther’s knowing that the Pope wasn’t the sole, or ‘central’, interpreter and transmitter of godly truth showed up in Copernicus’ knowing that the earth wasn’t the ‘center’ of the universe and that it and the other planets in our solar system all similarly revolved around our sun, which knowings eventually ‘blossomed’ in the enterprise now labeled Modern Science, the entirety of which grew out of the knowing that the ‘laws’ or ‘principles’ of Creation were not ‘centrally’ dictated but universally pervasive, i.e. the knowing that Nature operates the same way in relation to any and all ‘participant-observers’ regardless of their relative space-time location or energy condition.
Many speak of such prophesied ‘happening’, wherein those who have developed to the point where they are ripe (so to speak) for it psychically become aware of and consequently choose to participate in The Flow of Life by wholeheartedly enjoying and lovingly giving their all to augment and enrich Its magnificent process, as the Second ‘Coming’ (of Christ, i.e. Cosmic Identity, Consciousness), which they project as being yet to happen. Connoisseurs of history of ideas and cultural evolution, however, will recognize that this, slowly evolving at first but now exponentially rapidly accelerating, phenomenon has been underway for quite a while now, though the visibility of such trend is often clouded by the fact that the greater part of of our population, even of those who self-identify as ‘Christian’, has not been and still isn’t spiritually in synch with it. I suggest keeping “Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few [relatively speaking] there be that find it.� (Matthew 7:13) in mind when viewing and contemplating the lay of the land in this regard.

Also, regarding how they conceptualize and (so) label it, bear in mind the fact that most of those who self-identify as ‘Christian’ have no meaningful acquaintance with other inspired wisdom traditions, and, even when they do, tend to simply dismiss the value of, or worse, project the darkness of their own psychologically unrecognized ‘shadow’ onto what these proclaim and teach. Idolatrous adulation of and devotion to Jesus himself is often so emotionally ingrained that many such think he was the very first person to ever attain and self-transcendentally act and speak from an ‘identity’ of Cosmic Consciousness, so they believe and proclaim that the flowering and fruition of the movement he instrumentally spearheaded and helped launch to be the second ‘coming’ (or ‘manifestation’) of his presence. But, while I too confess to holding Jesus in the highest regard because I have not come across any set of teachings which have struck me as being as penetratingly perspicacious and Love-and-Joy propagating as his, the fact is that there have clearly been others who have also knowingly spoken and acted ‘in the name’ of said Consciousness (albeit using different labels for It) when and as exigencies related to ‘the human condition’ stimulated It to ‘rise and shine’ (so to speak) in and through them in response to the needs and requirements of humanity at critical junctures in history. Here, for instance, is a well‑known (outside of strictly ‘Christian’ circles, that is) passage from Chapter 13 of The Bhagavad Gita (the title translates as The Song of God, by the way) which was composed several centuries before Jesus appeared on the world stage:

“Constant yearning for the knowledge of Self, and pondering over the lessons of the great Truth – this is Wisdom, all else ignorance. I will speak to thee now of that great Truth which man ought to know, since by its means he will win immortal bliss – that which is without beginning, the Eternal Spirit which dwells in Me, neither with form, nor yet without it. Everywhere are Its hands and Its feet; everywhere It has eyes that see, heads that think and mouths that speak; everywhere It listens; It dwells in all the worlds; It envelops them all. Beyond the senses, It yet shines through every sense perception. Bound to nothing, It yet sustains everything. Unaffected by the Qualities, It still enjoys them all. It is within all beings, yet outside; motionless yet moving; too subtle to be perceived; far away yet always near. In all beings undivided, yet living in division, It is the upholder of all, Creator and Destroyer alike; It is the Light of lights, beyond the reach of darkness; the Wisdom, the only thing that is worth knowing or that wisdom can teach; the Presence in the hearts of all. Thus I have told thee in brief what Matter is, and the Self worth realizing and what is Wisdom. He who is devoted to Me knows; and assuredly he will enter into Me.�
All that being said and, I hope, substantively comprehended, I wish you well as such realization proceeds to unfold in and around you. “Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.� (Matthew 24:29), metaphorically references the disintegration and demise of established sociopolitical frameworks and value hierarchies as widespread system failures result from unholistic selfishness running wild. Everyone will then just have to rely on whatever ‘inner’ understanding-and-wisdom guidance system they have personally developed (see Matthew 25:1-13) to maximally actualize Love and Joy in the context of the every-which-way-whipping spirit-winds and horizon occluding event-waves which, till a more holistic civilization is able to take root and become established enough to hold sway (which, of course, assumes that human excesses won’t render our planet uninhabitable before then), will make even the best of ‘plans’ in any regard completely unreliable. Take heart, however: the Essence of Life is Spiritual (see John 4:23-24). So no matter what does or doesn’t transpire in terms of the material details of your and/or others’ history, the experience and expression of sublime Love and Joy will always be flow-actualizable by those who faithfully focus on doing so.☺
David