Get your news directly from the Donald

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

benchwarmer
Guru

Get your news directly from the Donald

Post #1

Post by benchwarmer »

As an outsider I'm really shaking my head and marveling at the parallel between how Trump is acting and many theists act during our debates here.

1) The Trump administration would like you to ignore actual data (satellite photos, etc) and believe that his inauguration crowds were bigger than Obama's.

2) Mr Trump wants you to believe that voter fraud cost him the popular vote (with no evidence to back up his claim) yet is completely happy to take office based on voter results.

3) The Trump administration would like you to ignore all news outlets and swallow whatever information is presented by his team.

This all sounds disturbingly familiar:

A: Where is your evidence for your claim?

B: I believe it is true, the Bible says it and millions believe it.

A: But where is your evidence?

B: ....

Question for debate: Is the Trump administration acting like like a poor debate opponent by refusing to provide evidence for claims?

Is anyone shocked, or did you pretty much expect this sort of behavior?

I realize most politicians will stretch the truth and try to spin every story their way, but right out of the gate it seems the Donald has the pedal to the floor on tossing out opinions and propaganda with no basis in reality.

Thank goodness I'm Canadian. When do we start our wall?

Joe1950

Post #11

Post by Joe1950 »

[Replying to post 10 by Divine Insight]

Unfortunately our electoral system was designed in the 18th century specifically to give power to individual state governors and legislatures. In other words, the wealthy elites in each state. The system was not designed to reflect the will of the people, since most people could not vote. It was an elitist, undemocratic system.

Of course, we have had 200 years of slowly becoming a democracy, but the Electoral college has remained. One reason it still exists is that it gives an inordinate amount of power to the least populated states, as does the US Senate.

It will take at least 20 years for the authoritarian strain, embodied in the vote for Trump, to die out. Every day more and more Trump voters, authoritarian in nature, die off. The demographics will eventually prevail, even with the widescale gerrymandering. In the meantime Trump and his ilk will do massive damage to the environment and human rights, not only in the US but abroad.

Monta
Guru

Post #12

Post by Monta »

2Dbunk wrote:
[ Putin is licking his lips over his cyberspace coup, wondering what his next step will be. Maybe Jesus will come back and save us?
At least Putin did not spend $5bll as Ms Nuland did in Ukraine.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Get your news directly from the Donald

Post #13

Post by JehovahsWitness »

benchwarmer wrote: As an outsider I'm really shaking my head and marveling at the parallel between how Trump is acting and many theists act during our debates here.

1) The Trump administration would like you to ignore actual data (satellite photos, etc) and believe that his inauguration crowds were bigger than Obama's.

2) Mr Trump wants you to believe that voter fraud cost him the popular vote (with no evidence to back up his claim) yet is completely happy to take office based on voter results.

3) The Trump administration would like you to ignore all news outlets and swallow whatever information is presented by his team.

This all sounds disturbingly familiar:

A: Where is your evidence for your claim?

B: I believe it is true, the Bible says it and millions believe it.

A: But where is your evidence?

B: ....

Question for debate: Is the Trump administration acting like like a poor debate opponent by refusing to provide evidence for claims?

Is anyone shocked, or did you pretty much expect this sort of behavior?

I realize most politicians will stretch the truth and try to spin every story their way, but right out of the gate it seems the Donald has the pedal to the floor on tossing out opinions and propaganda with no basis in reality.

Thank goodness I'm Canadian. When do we start our wall?

It's hard to find a reliable news source. I take everything I read in the media with a pinch of salt.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #14

Post by Divine Insight »

When it comes to President Trump for me the news is totally unimportant. All I need to go by are the actual speeches, interviews, and tweets that Donald Trump makes himself. Unless those are fake I know pretty much all I need to know.

I disagree with many of Trump's policies, attitude, and behavior. I don't need the news to tell me that Donald Trump is an immature egotist who is unfit to lead the greatest nation on earth.

And I don't even care whether he's done anything illegal in terms of colluding with Russia during the champagne, or whether he's done anything illegal in terms of having business transactions with foreign governments in exchange for doing them political favors. He could be totally innocent of any legal wrong-doing and I still consider him to be a disaster and embarrassment in terms of representing the USA.

I don't need the news to tell me that President Trump pulled out of the Paris Climate Agreement. Trump himself has done that and has said so publicly in speeches.

I don't need the news to tell me that Donald Trump is trying to repeal the Affordable Care Act without making sure there is a suitable replacement for it. His actions alone reveal this.

I don't need the news to tell me that Donald Trump can't even give a speech to the Boy Scouts of America without bragging about how he beat the democrats, Hillary, and Obama. He's done that himself.

I don't need the news to tell me that Donald Trump as just publicly discriminated against transgender individuals by kicking them all out of the armed services for no good reason. He has tweeted that himself.

Although, I guess the news did come in handy for revealing that the military leaders were just as shocked and surprised by this as I was. Based on Trump's lying tweet he claimed that he had actually discussed this with the important military leaders which apparently never happened. I do trust the news on that one, especially since all the news coverage from all sources appears to be in agreement on this.

I don't need the news to tell me that President Trump just fired Sean Spicer and replaced him with an immature and uncouth idiot named Anthony Scaramucci to further degrade and embarrass Americans.

Do we really need the news to see that Trump is an embarrassment to humanity?

I think Donald Trump does a very good job of revealing that himself. No news required.

We can even seem him publicly trashing his very own loyal Attorney General Jeff Sessions. He does this himself in tweets. No news required.

I don't support the polices that Jeff Sessions supports and implements, none the less, those polices are precisely the polices that Donald Trump wanted implemented. Yet Donald Trump is tossing Jeff Sessions under the bus. No news required to see this happening.

And I don't think it takes a genius to figure out that the only reason he could possibly be interested in trashing Jeff Sessions is in the hopes that Session will resign so he can replace him with someone who won't need to recuse themselves from the Russian investigation so he can argue that there is no longer any need for a "Special Council".

I don't think we need any news organizations to figure out why Donald Trump feels seriously threatened by Robert Mueller and the investigation into links to Russia during the 2016 champagne.

Yep, when it comes to Donald Trump, I don't need to watch the news. All I need to do is watch Trump. His own words and actions tell me everything I need to know about him.

He can lie to his heart's content, that doesn't help him much in any case.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Mountainmanbob
Student

Re: Get your news directly from the Donald

Post #15

Post by Mountainmanbob »

benchwarmer wrote:
Actually, not all news outlets.
For ones who wish far less Fake News -- Fox News would be their choice.
MB