Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Instructions for seeing Ghosts

Post #1

Post by rikuoamero »

In another thread, J P Cusick said
You could go to a grave yard to experience the ghosts for your self, or go to a haunted house, and there is always known-to-be haunted places in every area, so instead you just keep waiting for some expert who you can not deny to tell you what is out there, to tell you what is real and what is true.
DrNoGods asks
If I went to a grave yard to experience a ghost, how would I go about it? Does it have to be night time (dark), or is any time of day good? How would I experience the ghost? Would it be visible so I could actually see it? Would I hear anything associated with it? Is special equipment needed? Would there be a ghost for every body in the grave yard (presumably so, since why go to a grave yard otherwise)? Or is the whole experience only a subtle perception and I'd have to know exactly what to look for to conclude that I had actually experienced a ghost?
So J P, since I plan to go to my local bone yard tonight, it'd be great if we had some instructions. What precisely has to be done?
Yes, I plan on doing this. I want J P to tell me what has to be done, so that when I post the video, there's no chance of him saying "Oh the reason you didn't see ghosts is because you didn't do XYZ"

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

Monta
Guru

Post #11

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 10 by DrNoGods]

I don't think the word 'ghost' is used today.

We say angels or spirits and if they are nasty and ugly we call them devils.
We have eather heard from others or experienced some ourselves through dreams, taking drugs also genuine pain killers. They can also be felt.

Many years ago I was renting a lovely place and one night coming home I could smell rotten meat in my lounge. I looked through everything and of course nothing to be found.

People who have had OBE or NDE and came across nasty ones explain it as most frightening experience. And most real.

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by Justin108 »

Monta wrote: [Replying to post 10 by DrNoGods]

We have eather heard from others or experienced some ourselves through dreams, taking drugs also genuine pain killers. They can also be felt.
If you see these things after taking drugs or pain killers, then that means you're hallucinating...
Monta wrote: Many years ago I was renting a lovely place and one night coming home I could smell rotten meat in my lounge. I looked through everything and of course nothing to be found.
Probably a dead rat. It happened to me a few weeks ago. The smell lingered for a week until I finally found the rat corpse under the fridge.

The fact that you immediately assume the above examples to be angels or demons shows just how gullible you are.

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #13

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to post 11 by Monta]
People who have had OBE or NDE and came across nasty ones explain it as most frightening experience. And most real.

I was typing this reply when I saw Justin108's response, but would add to his comment that the earlier post that prompted this 'ghost experience" instruction request specifically stated that one could go to a grave yard and experience ghosts. So the implication was that these imaginary types of beings are related to the dead bodies in the grave yard (ie. conventional "ghosts" as depicted in movies and the like) rather than any sort of imagined demons, devils, voices in the head, etc. that might result from drugs or mental problems.

So two very different things, and I have no doubt that people can and do experience imagined devils and demons from the effects of mental illnesses or drugs. But we have a poster who provided a specific statement as to how to experience "ghosts" that required a visit to a grave yard, and we asked for more specific instructions on how that was supposed to work. Nothing was forthcoming (no surprise!).
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

Monta
Guru

Post #14

Post by Monta »

Justin108 wrote:
Monta wrote: [Replying to post 10 by DrNoGods]

If you see these things after taking drugs or pain killers, then that means you're hallucinating...

>> I saw ugly faces getting at my face only once on strong pain killers.
I was glad it was once only.
Monta wrote: Many years ago I was renting a lovely place and one night coming home I could smell rotten meat in my lounge. I looked through everything and of course nothing to be found.
Probably a dead rat. It happened to me a few weeks ago. The smell lingered for a week until I finally found the rat corpse under the fridge.

>> The smell in my rented place was no longer there the next day.

The fact that you immediately assume the above examples to be angels or demons shows just how gullible you are.
>> I never assumed anything but keep an open mind.
Since there is no record that I did 'assume', an appology for calling me gullible is in order.

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #15

Post by Justin108 »

Monta wrote: Since there is no record that I did 'assume', an appology for calling me gullible is in order.
Don't hold your breath

Monta
Guru

Post #16

Post by Monta »

Justin108 wrote:
Monta wrote: Since there is no record that I did 'assume', an appology for calling me gullible is in order.
Don't hold your breath

adjective: gullible

easily persuaded to believe something; credulous.
"an attempt to persuade a gullible public to spend their money"
synonyms: credulous, over-trusting, over-trustful, trustful, easily deceived/led, easily taken in, exploitable, dupable, deceivable, impressionable, unsuspecting, unsuspicious, unwary, unguarded, unsceptical, ingenuous, naive, innocent, simple, inexperienced, unworldly, green, as green as grass, childlike

You do not know me or anything about me.

To make that kind of accusation makes you rude, ignorant, insulting.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: Instructions for seeing Ghosts

Post #17

Post by McCulloch »

rikuoamero wrote:What precisely has to be done?
Yes, I plan on doing this. I want J P to tell me what has to be done, so that when I post the video, there's no chance of him saying "Oh the reason you didn't see ghosts is because you didn't do XYZ"
The probability of experiencing ghosts is greatly improved by the liberal use of spirits. :D
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John