Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Justin108
Banned
Banned

A new low standard for miracles

Post #1

Post by Justin108 »

According to JP Cusick, Jesus' famous miracle of turning water into wine was nothing but Jesus making a flavoured drink mix, not unlike Kool-Aid.
JP Cusick wrote:
Justin108 wrote: John 2:11 What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.

The act of turning water into wine was a sign of Jesus' glory. How is making Kool-Aid a sign of glory?
I really said a powder as like "Kool Aid" because there are patent and trademark restriction of that actual product.

So in the 1st century no one had ever heard of a powdered drink and they would view it as a miracle which it would be.
Is this a new low for miracles?

JP Cusick
Guru

Re: A new low standard for miracles

Post #11

Post by JP Cusick »

Justin108 wrote: According to JP Cusick, Jesus' famous miracle of turning water into wine was nothing but Jesus making a flavoured drink mix, not unlike Kool-Aid.

It is really a new high for miracles, because viewing a miracle as an act of magic was the old low.

Another easy to explain "miracle" is Jesus feeding the 5000 multitude. Matthew 14:15-21

What happened here is that many people in the multitude did bring food and so Jesus used the "5 loaves and 2 fish" as a way to inspire those with food to share with the others who did not have food, and thereby they ended up with lots of extra food of 12 baskets full.

It was always a mistake to view Jesus feeding the 5000 as an act of magic when the point was a moral message of Jesus inspiring people to share and to be generous.

The mistake is viewing this as a magical miracle when it was instead a moral miracle.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by Justin108 »

JP Cusick wrote:
Justin108 wrote: According to JP Cusick, Jesus' famous miracle of turning water into wine was nothing but Jesus making a flavoured drink mix, not unlike Kool-Aid.

It is really a new high for miracles, because viewing a miracle as an act of magic was the old low.
I am still waiting for you to explain to me how this is a miracle. Why would anyone call Jesus spiking water a miracle? If I spiked punch at a prom, would it be considered a miracle as well? You have also not explain how Jesus spiking water can be described as glorious, as per John 2:11.

John 2:11 What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.

What, in your mind, is the difference between performing a miracle and just... doing something mundane? I watered my garden yesterday. Was that a miracle?

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #13

Post by JP Cusick »

Justin108 wrote: I am still waiting for you to explain to me how this is a miracle. Why would anyone call Jesus spiking water a miracle? If I spiked punch at a prom, would it be considered a miracle as well? You have also not explain how Jesus spiking water can be described as glorious, as per John 2:11.

John 2:11 What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.

What, in your mind, is the difference between performing a miracle and just... doing something mundane? I watered my garden yesterday. Was that a miracle?
According to the Bible then at that time Jesus was a young boy of maybe 12 years old, and He saved the party which can indeed be seen as "glorious" of a miracle for a young child to perform.

What is a miracle?
According to the old Babylonian Sun God's mystery religion then a miracle means magic and sorcery.

In the Bible it tells about a person called "Simon the Sorcerer" see Acts 8:9-24 and this is a similar name with Simon Peter as they were both named Simon.

As such it is believed by some that this "Simon the Sorcerer" got mistaken to be Simon Peter, and so this person was seen as the first Pope who used the name of Christianity while misguiding the religion of Christianity which thereafter became based on magic and sorcery.

The Gospel teaches that the biggest miracle of them all is that God loves His enemies, and so all of humanity will be saved in the end, and it will have nothing to do with magic nor sorcery.

A true miracle needs to be based on morality and virtue, and it needs to be in service to the Kingdom of God on earth as it is in Heaven.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian: