Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Why Christ Didn't Stay Dead

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]-
None of the Old Testament's sacrifices were restored to life, and in point of fact, quite a few of them were incinerated. Pieces and parts of some were even set aside to be eaten as sustenance for the Levitical priests and their families.

So, if the OT's sacrifices could obtain the mercy of God without bringing them back to life, why then wouldn't a dead Jesus be just as effective as a living Jesus?

The problem with previous stay-dead modes of sacrifice is that they couldn't expunge the people's personnel files; and those files are on track to be reviewed at the great white throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15 where people will be thoroughly vetted for citizenship in the new cosmos depicted in the 21st chapter of Revelation.

If the records show that certain people are essentially undesirable --i.e. capable of terrible things, especially dishonesty --then they will be denied immigration to the new heavens, the new earth, and the holy city.

Christ's crucified body was restored to life in order to make it possible for God to expunge people's records.

â—� Rom 4:25 . . He was handed over for our transgressions, and was raised for our justification.

The koiné Greek word for "justification" is dikaioo (dik-ah-yo'-o) which essentially means to regard as innocent.

In other words; Christ's crucifixion was sufficient to obtain forgiveness for people's sins; but his crucifixion alone wasn't sufficient to make it possible for people to obtain an acquittal.

An acquittal can be defined as exoneration; viz: an adjudication of innocence, which is normally granted when there is insufficient evidence to convict. In other words: by means of Christ's resurrection, God was able to cook the books so that it appears people never did anything bad. On the surface; this looks very unethical, but from God's perspective it's all on the up and up.

This is a serious issue under the terms and conditions of the covenant that Yhvh's people agreed upon with God as per Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. The covenant's sacrifices obtained forgiveness for the people, but the sacrifices did not, and could not, obtain them exoneration. No, a record of their disobedience remained on the books, hanging over their heads like a sword of Damocles. Out ahead, at the Great White Throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15, those books will be opened for review.

Q: Don't Catholics obtain exoneration when they go to confession?

A: The scope of the Roman church's reconciliatory process is somewhat limited. It's primarily designed for absolution (1John 1:9) i.e. while it forgives a sinner's debt to God's law, and cleanses what is sometimes called the stain of sin, it does nothing to expunge the sinner's record.

Justification, on the other hand, as per the koiné Greek word dikaioo, completely deletes the offender's criminal history; i.e. dikaioo wipes their records so clean and efficiently that there is nothing left that can in any way be used to prove that the sinner has ever been anything less than 100% innocent.

Now, the advantage of the kind of justification I'm talking about is that sinners need obtain it only once because from thence, God stops keeping records on them.

â—� 2Cor 5:19 . .God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting their trespasses against them

The koiné Greek word translated "counting" is logizomai (log-id'-zom-ahee) which means to take an inventory.

â—� Rom 4:8 . . Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not record.

/
[/font]

OnceConvinced
Savant

Re: Why Christ Didn't Stay Dead

Post #2

Post by OnceConvinced »

The bible tells us that simply keeping a record of wrongs is not love. So the fact that there was even a record of wrongs to begin with is proof that God is not a god of love.

1 Cor 13:5

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

WebersHome
Guru

Post #3

Post by WebersHome »

-
OnceConvinced wrote:[font=Georgia]The bible tells us that simply keeping a record of wrongs is not love. So the fact that there was even a record of wrongs to begin with is proof that God is not a god of love.[/font]
[font=Verdana]There are other versions of 1Cor 13:5 that help to understand it. For example:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, love is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury"

There's difference between a grudge and an indictment. A grudge is personal justice, while an indictment is criminal justice.

Putting that in perspective: God regards infidels like yourself as fugitives with a warrant out for your arrest. Every day that goes by, God adds yet more of your sins to the indictment that He's building against you; and the longer you live, the more the indictment grows.

One day, out in the future, at the great white throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15, you will be subpoenaed to answer for the charges listed on the indictment. It's nothing personal; this is all perfectly legal, unbiased, and on the up and up.

/
[/font]

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #4

Post by OnceConvinced »

WebersHome wrote:
"Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, love is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury"
And God bombs out a lot on some of those ones too

Love is not jealous: The Lord thy God is a jealous God - Deuteronomy 6:15.

Is not pompous
is not inflated
Examples of God's pomposity and self inflation:

Jer 32:27 Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?
John 8:12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world.
Isaiah 46:9-11
9 Remember the former things of long ago, That I am God, and there is no other. I am God, and there is no one like me.

is not rude
Here's some real rudeness from Jesus:

(Matthew 23:17)--"You fools and blind men!

Or even his rudeness when he unleashed his anger in the temple vandalising the equipment and wares of the traders?

It does not seek its own interests
Really?
Luke 9:23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.

Not quick tempered - Just look at Gen 3:14 where he irrationally curses all snakes all because Satan was masquerading as one. He clearly didn't think that one through!

Not to mention other times he unleashed his wrath: (which also show a real lack of kindness on God's part)

Joshua 10:39-41 Joshua was ordered to slay all and leave no survivors. (all who breathed)
Joshua 11:16-23 Joshua told to have no mercy.
Deut 7-1-2 God requires that they destroy them totally. Make no treaty and show no mercy.
Deut 20:16 God commands to slaughter everything that breathes.
1 Sam 15:3 God says kill all men, women, children, infants and certain animals.
Numbers 31: God commands Moses and his mob to kill all women and children and is angry that they haven’t killed the women and the kids yet. But HEY, keep the virgins for yourself! (v18)
WebersHome wrote: There's difference between a grudge and an indictment. A grudge is personal justice, while an indictment is criminal justice.
A record of wrongs definitely sounds like an indictment to me. Every single dirty little sin is going to be on display for all to see and then you will be judged.

WebersHome wrote: Putting that in perspective: God regards infidels like yourself as fugitives with a warrant out for your arrest. Every day that goes by, God adds yet more of your sins to the indictment that He's building against you; and the longer you live, the more the indictment grows.

Pro 11:12
A man who lacks judgment derides his neighbour, but a man of understanding holds his tongue.

James 1:26, "If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight reign on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless."

Prov 26:12
Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

Colossians 4:5-6
Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

WebersHome wrote: One day, out in the future, at the great white throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15, you will be subpoenaed to answer for the charges listed on the indictment.
Yes that record of wrongs will be on display for all to see.

WebersHome wrote: It's nothing personal;
Not according to David. According to him it's very personal. In fact anything we do wrong is actually against God himself:

Psalms 51:4
Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight; so you are right in your verdict and justified when you judge.

I'm sure Paul would also agree that any sin you commit is against God:

Romans 3:23
All have sinned and come short of the glory of God

So we see here it comes down to falling short of the glory of God. It's all about his ego, not so much about what we've actually done. It's a matter of "how dare you break my rules??"

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

WebersHome
Guru

Post #5

Post by WebersHome »

-
OnceConvinced wrote:[font=Georgia]Not according to David. According to him it's very personal. In fact anything we do wrong is actually against God himself:

Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight; so you are right in your verdict and justified when you judge.
[/font]
[font=Verdana]David and God were best friends; you're not.

â—� Ps 42:1-2 . . As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.

That in no way describes your personal feelings for God.

/
[/font]

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #6

Post by OnceConvinced »

WebersHome wrote: -
Not according to David. According to him it's very personal. In fact anything we do wrong is actually against God himself:

Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight; so you are right in your verdict and justified when you judge.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana]David and God were best friends; you're not.

David may have believed he had a thing going with God. That doesn't make it in any way true. David believed a lot of silly things as evidenced by the psalms.

Many Christians also believe that they and God are best friends. I'm sure even you will agree that many of them are deluded.

WebersHome wrote:

That in no way describes your personal feelings for God.

I don't have feelings for something I see as imaginary. Do you? What are your feelings towards Santa Claus?

Anyway, whatever you think my feelings towards this god of yours are, they are irrelevant to what the bible tells us. It clearly shows us that the bible God does not live up to many of the standards that he has made when it comes to love. Scriptures were presented by me to show you that.

Falling Light 101
Apprentice

Christ did not Stay

Post #7

Post by Falling Light 101 »

This is a really great question. And one that I can not answer. Other than to know that Christ Himself possibly would answer ( IF ASKED ) Saying that His Father - The Holy, Eternal Spirit Raised Him from the Dead.

We See in - Romans 8:11 “The Spirit of Him who raised…� Jesus from the Dead. The Father is a Spirit.

Also -◦John 10:17-18 The Son Himself lays down His life and takes it up again — .

We see that the Godhead is not a triangle, triplet, trio of Three Persons or Deities Or 3 different Personalities. But These 3 Are 1.

They are Not Three. They are .1 Just as the bible makes clear.

So the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit are 1 Deity - God manifesting Himself as a Human Being. God in Christ - Raised Himself From The Dead.

And The Holy Spirit Himself - Shed His Own Blood -

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by ttruscott »

OnceConvinced wrote:
WebersHome wrote: It's nothing personal;

I'm sure Paul would also agree that any sin you commit is against God:

Romans 3:23
All have sinned and come short of the glory of God
Our sins are personally against GOD - what is not personal but impersonal and correctly legal is the listing of our sins...as he said.
Last edited by ttruscott on Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by ttruscott »

OnceConvinced wrote:
WebersHome wrote:
And God bombs out a lot on some of those ones too

Love is not jealous: The Lord thy God is a jealous God - Deuteronomy 6:15.
Love is not jealous or moved with envy, hatred, anger but as Deut says, Deuteronomy 6:15 ...for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land. but HIS hatred of their giving honour and worship to pagan non-gods is terrible. GOD does not love everyone but abhors the wicked: Psalm 5:6 You destroy those who speak falsehood; The LORD abhors the man of bloodshed and deceit.
Is not pompous
To be pompous here is to be a braggart. Bragging Is lying to falsely inflate ones importance which GOD has no need to do.
is not inflated
To be swelled up, like an egotistical person spewing out arrogant ("puffed-up") thoughts.
Examples of God's pomposity and self inflation:

Jer 32:27 Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?
context shows that HE is reminding HIS people of HIS power so they may understand the cause of the coming destruction: 27 "Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?" 28 Therefore thus says the LORD, "Behold, I am about to give this city into the hand of the Chaldeans and into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and he will take it.…
John 8:12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world.
If you could see the light you would not think HE was boasting when He explained who He was in such terms...
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

evilsorcerer1
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by evilsorcerer1 »

Babies lungs do not function the same way in the womb as they do outside of the womb. Before birth a baby's lungs are filled with amniotic fluid. They do "practice" breathing towards the end of the pregnancy with periodic inhaling and exhaling of amniotic fluid.