38%

Total votes: 8

Trump
Banned
Banned

An Appology

Post #1

Post by Trump »

Hello to all my Debating friends whom I dearly missed.

A few months ago I got an e-mail from Debating Christianity and Religion and was able to get on as a guest (which I couldn't do after being banned), then tried to log on hoping this was my chance to get back on after being banned, but arian was taken, so I created Trump, was able to get on, and here I am.

First, I did not 'sneak back in', my name Odon Sabo, my IP address, my home address everything is the same, as is my desire to know God, and our Lord Jesus Christ better is.

After Clownboat called me out on who I am, and I told him, I got a PM from our Leader and friend Otseng noting that since I was banned, it broke forum rules to be allowed back in. I replied that it was my sincere wish to be allowed back on the Forum, at which he told me I should post here and make a sincere, and honest apology to my Moderators, and fellow Debaters, and see what you all think?

I will bow to no one, bad back, but I will get on my knees and ask you all to forgive me for being nothing less than barbaric in my debates with you all, and there is absolutely no excuse for such animalistic behavior (could use evolution as an excuse, but I won't).

I have since then read some of my responses and it truly sickened me, I sounded anything but Christ-like or civil and when I thought of the question: "What Would Jesus Do?", I'd say he probably would of pushed the Pharisees aside, and cast the first stone himself, which I would have deserved, yet knowing better, here I am on my knees before you all.

Since being gone, I have visited a few other Debating Forums, and seen what little or no Moderation can do to a Forum. But what I missed is you all, yes you;
from Otseng, the list goes on; JoeyK whom I dearly missed as I did; Z, McCulloch, Divine Insight, JW, Wyvern, Tired of the Nonsense, H.sapiens, liamconnor, onewithhim, Clownboat (I know, I know), KenRU, Furrowed Brow, ThePainfulTruth, and already like some of the Newbies like Dr.NoGods, servant and the rest whom I just had the pleasure debating with on "Question about the Earth" interesting topic.

I realized what a goldmine this Forum is, but because I was brought up as a Christian, to defend my faith without evidence, and as unschooled as I was, I did just that, not realizing that atheists were being more Christ-like than I was.

So I ask you all to consider my plea to stay on this Awesome Forum, and I'm not saying this to bribe anyone, but you'll think that too once you've been out there, and intelligence (yes, I know what intelligence is, why do you think I want to stay here, I want some more of that to rub off on me) is rare, and hard to come by, and must be respected and cherished.

So, what do you say?

Oh, and I know I insulted some of you here pretty badly, so here is your chance to test me if I'm genuine or not? Quote some of those comments of mine that offended you, let me see it and give me a chance to respond to it, or explain why I said what I said, whether from stupidity, ignorance, or simply defending my blind faith, my religion because I could not stand loosing to an unbeliever, or all of the above?

Thanks

arian AKA Trump

JP Cusick
Guru

Re: An Appology

Post #51

Post by JP Cusick »

Trump wrote: Oh wait, .. no you won't, you're an atheist, which is today synonymous with "Jew" as I've shown evidence of in that Jewish Forum here that I was banned from.
I too get into trouble for this because Atheism is strongly embraced by Judaism, and it is because Atheism is really mostly just anti Christianity, and even the religion of Judaism allows for people to be Atheist and be Jewish both at the same time, but Christianity does not allow for that. Link = Jewish Atheism

This is one big reason why Atheism is dominated by Jewish leaders.

This is not being anti-Jewish but it is a factor in being anti Atheism.

For many Jewish people as Atheist - then they are not anti Judaism but only anti Christianity and anti Muslim.
Trump wrote: Remember what my name was before? "arian"
Apparently this guy has a problem in choosing screen names, and he says that English is not his first language so maybe he just does not see the problem.

When I saw the screen name of "Arian" then I took it to be "Aryan" as in Nazi Germany, link HERE, and I had never heard of the Christian concept called "Arianism", and so his choice of screen name created an untrue hostility which he did not deserve.

Now he chooses the name of "Trump" when the entire world is infested by Donal Trump as the controversial President of the USA, and he meant trump as in a trumpet, so he does not choose his words very well, and it might be just because he is not so savvy with the English words.

Even now I would suggest - with the permission of the Moderators - that he register yet again using a different screen name which is not so hyper sensitive.
Out of curiosity I looked at the "Banned" profile page and it shows that he was an active member for 6 years, and he stood his ground against opposition from virtually every other person on the forum, and he did not use obscenities nor any personal attacks except against public figures and institutions, so from my view the banning seems unjust.

I do not suggest going back to reconsider the banning - no - but I do suggest that he be given consideration and given credit for the hundreds and hundreds (if not thousands) of his comments which do not merit being banned.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #52

Post by rikuoamero »

[Replying to post 51 by JP Cusick]
it is because Atheism is really mostly just anti Christianity
No it is not. Unless you want to delineate between atheism as a philosophical approach, one held privately by the person, and atheism as a political force, which really does not exist as a unified body (to place it in contrast with other political 'isms).
and he did not use obscenities nor any personal attacks except against public figures and institutions
Trump just called a person a name in a previous post when he bolded the word "Jesuit".
given credit for the hundreds and hundreds (if not thousands) of his comments which do not merit being banned.
I'm not sure what it is you're suggesting here? I don't think the site even allows for comments to have their author's names removed (moderators if you could chime in please?). If you look at comments where the user has been banned, the comments ALWAYS have their author's name attached. No-one is saying that any comments bearing arian's name have that name removed.

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #53

Post by JP Cusick »

rikuoamero wrote: Trump just called a person a name in a previous post when he bolded the word "Jesuit".
It is not really an insult to call some one as a Jesuit - unless you just take it as an insult.

The name Jesuit is not an insulting name - unless you just take it as an insult.

Many people in this world would take that name as a compliment - unless you just take it as an insult.

And real life Jesuits are proud of their name - unless you just take it as an insult.

Dictionary ~ The name Jesuit is for "a member of the Society of Jesus, a Roman Catholic order of priests founded by St. Ignatius Loyola, St. Francis Xavier, and others in 1534, to do missionary work."

- unless you just take it as an insult.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

otseng
Savant

Post #54

Post by otseng »

JP Cusick wrote: I do not suggest going back to reconsider the banning - no - but I do suggest that he be given consideration and given credit for the hundreds and hundreds (if not thousands) of his comments which do not merit being banned.
Though we give some weight to the ratio of uncivil to civil posts, it does not weigh much. The most important factor is that there are uncivil posts.

We will not be able to say to God during judgment, "Look at all the good things I've done in life!" God is not going to say, "Hey, not bad, you only sinned .0000001% of the time, welcome to heaven." He also will not say, "You're been able to do 1,000,000% times more good than bad, so you deserve to get into heaven." He'll say, "You've sinned, so you can't get into heaven." It won't matter all the good things we've done.

Likewise, you break the rules here, you get disciplined. It doesn't matter how good you've been.

help3434
Guru

Post #55

Post by help3434 »

[Replying to post 53 by JP Cusick]

It was clearly meant by Trump as something bad. Context matters.

KenRU
Guru

Post #56

Post by KenRU »

Trump wrote: Hello to all my Debating friends whom I dearly missed.

A few months ago I got an e-mail from Debating Christianity and Religion and was able to get on as a guest (which I couldn't do after being banned), then tried to log on hoping this was my chance to get back on after being banned, but arian was taken, so I created Trump, was able to get on, and here I am.

First, I did not 'sneak back in', my name Odon Sabo, my IP address, my home address everything is the same, as is my desire to know God, and our Lord Jesus Christ better is.

After Clownboat called me out on who I am, and I told him, I got a PM from our Leader and friend Otseng noting that since I was banned, it broke forum rules to be allowed back in. I replied that it was my sincere wish to be allowed back on the Forum, at which he told me I should post here and make a sincere, and honest apology to my Moderators, and fellow Debaters, and see what you all think?

I will bow to no one, bad back, but I will get on my knees and ask you all to forgive me for being nothing less than barbaric in my debates with you all, and there is absolutely no excuse for such animalistic behavior (could use evolution as an excuse, but I won't).

I have since then read some of my responses and it truly sickened me, I sounded anything but Christ-like or civil and when I thought of the question: "What Would Jesus Do?", I'd say he probably would of pushed the Pharisees aside, and cast the first stone himself, which I would have deserved, yet knowing better, here I am on my knees before you all.

Since being gone, I have visited a few other Debating Forums, and seen what little or no Moderation can do to a Forum. But what I missed is you all, yes you;
from Otseng, the list goes on; JoeyK whom I dearly missed as I did; Z, McCulloch, Divine Insight, JW, Wyvern, Tired of the Nonsense, H.sapiens, liamconnor, onewithhim, Clownboat (I know, I know), KenRU, Furrowed Brow, ThePainfulTruth, and already like some of the Newbies like Dr.NoGods, servant and the rest whom I just had the pleasure debating with on "Question about the Earth" interesting topic.

I realized what a goldmine this Forum is, but because I was brought up as a Christian, to defend my faith without evidence, and as unschooled as I was, I did just that, not realizing that atheists were being more Christ-like than I was.

So I ask you all to consider my plea to stay on this Awesome Forum, and I'm not saying this to bribe anyone, but you'll think that too once you've been out there, and intelligence (yes, I know what intelligence is, why do you think I want to stay here, I want some more of that to rub off on me) is rare, and hard to come by, and must be respected and cherished.

So, what do you say?

Oh, and I know I insulted some of you here pretty badly, so here is your chance to test me if I'm genuine or not? Quote some of those comments of mine that offended you, let me see it and give me a chance to respond to it, or explain why I said what I said, whether from stupidity, ignorance, or simply defending my blind faith, my religion because I could not stand loosing to an unbeliever, or all of the above?

Thanks

arian AKA Trump
I'm all for another shot for Arian. It is the Christian thing to do : )

The good outweighs the bad. Worst case scenario, he gets banned again. The best, he debates in an honest and civil manner.
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Steven Weinberg

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #57

Post by rikuoamero »

KenRU wrote:

So, what do you say?

Thanks

arian AKA Trump

The good outweighs the bad. Worst case scenario, he gets banned again. The best, he debates in an honest and civil manner.
Uhh...you're a bit late, friend. He got banned again. Go on, click Trump's username.

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

KenRU
Guru

Post #58

Post by KenRU »

rikuoamero wrote:
KenRU wrote:

So, what do you say?

Thanks

arian AKA Trump

Uhh...you're a bit late, friend. He got banned again. Go on, click Trump's username.
Lol, oh well. Maybe he'll show up under a 3rd Username : )
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Steven Weinberg