Civil. Respectful. Intelligent. Thoughtful. Challenging.

Reply to topic
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 1: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:05 am
Prayers for my child

Like this post
Hi all,
I'm in need of your help. Our house is located in a remote area. It is a calm and serene place with lots of lovely birds. We wake up with the chirping of the birds. We used to spend a lot of time in our front yard. At nights we can see the bats flying .....We never bothered about it. But last day, my child got scared when he saw the bat thinking it for a ghost. The only way to get rid of this is hiring a wildlife relocation service. Now he is very frightened to move out of the house at night. He is saying that there is a ghost. Although I tried to convince him it has gone on deaf ears. So guys.....please do help me in bringing my child back to normal. How can I convince him that it was just a bat???
Please remember my child in your prayers

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 2: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:01 pm
Re: Prayers for my child

Like this post
Well if you don't want your child to believe in ghosts the last thing you want to do is ask people to pray to an invisible ghost to cure him.

The best solution to the problem is to educate your child about bats. Also if you have bats in your area you are very lucky. You don't want to have them chased off or relocated.

The best cure is education. Have your child build a bat house and learn about bats.

Bats eat lots of mosquitoes so they are great to have around.

YouTube

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 3: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:37 am

Like this post
[Replying to post 1 by CindSein]

Prayer will not help your child. Science will. How old is the child?

I love bats because mosquitoes LOVE to bite me. Pesticides can be harmful to mosquitoes’ predators as well as mosquitoes. According to Bat Conservation International, one little brown bat can eat 60 medium-sized moths or over 1000 mosquito-sized insects in one night!

Build a bat house:

http://www.nwf.org/Garden-For-Wildlife/Cover/Build-a-Bat-House.aspx

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 4: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:25 am

Like this post
CindSein wrote:

Hi all,
I'm in need of your help. Our house is located in a remote area. It is a calm and serene place with lots of lovely birds. We wake up with the chirping of the birds. We used to spend a lot of time in our front yard. At nights we can see the bats flying .....We never bothered about it. But last day, my child got scared when he saw the bat thinking it for a ghost. The only way to get rid of this is hiring a wildlife relocation service. Now he is very frightened to move out of the house at night. He is saying that there is a ghost. Although I tried to convince him it has gone on deaf ears. So guys.....please do help me in bringing my child back to normal. How can I convince him that it was just a bat???
Please remember my child in your prayers

I agree with others that it would not be wise to try to get rid of the bats.

You could introduce your child to the story of Batman, because as a child Bruce Wayne was frightened by bats and so as an adult he used the symbol of a bat against the criminals as him being the Batman.

Try this movie = "Batman Begins" (2005)

As to the Ghost then what I did with my young son (3 or 4 years old) is that his uncle made him afraid of Ghost in his room, and so (after uncle was gone) I told my boy that he was stronger then any Ghost, and told him that if he saw any Ghost to just punch them in their nose and I told him that he could defeat any Ghost. I walked him over to the window to look out and showed him under the bed and showed him how to make a fist. He never complained of Ghost ever again, and it increased his self esteem as he could then guard his own room.

It might even help to catch one of the bats alive in a non-lethal trap, and let your child help in setting the trap because even if you do not catch a bat then the child will still internalize the process of the trap, which is for a wild animal and not for a Ghost.

You could even teach the child to spot the huge Constellation of Orion, and to see the Big Dipper and the North Star, and turn the darkest nights into the best of adventures.

Goto top, bottom

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

On The Web | Ecodia | Facebook | Twitter