If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other..

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Do you agree that This belief is not applicable now?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 1

mubasher1984

If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other..

Post #1

Post by mubasher1984 »

This above mentioned subjected belief of Christianity is neither applicable in this era nor it is being applied and acted upon anywhere in the world. I respect Christianity as a religion, but it was for a limited time period, i.ae. as long as Jesus and his caliphs remained in this world. But, in this era, this teachings is not applicable. Even, Christian nations are not acting upon. Instead, they are using force to those who don't accept their supremacy. For example, after the 9/11, as per teachings of Christianity, USA would say that please come terrorists, and attack other parts of country too. Instead they attacked on Afghanistan and still sending its troops there. This shows that they know that the teachings of Christianity are not to act upon. While, the Koranic teachings are applicable till the end of times. Koran does not says not only to defend of somebody attack, but also to give other a strong answer so that it could not attack such way in future.

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #31

Post by Benoni »

2timothy316 wrote:
Benoni wrote:
2timothy316 wrote:
Benoni wrote:
2timothy316 wrote:
Benoni wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecuti ... ted_States
Are you happy to see things happening? You call us cowards, yet are you willing to be castrated rather than kill someone else? We are!
Its not a matter of being happy its a matter of waking up and smelling the roses and not living in fake JW world.
So you do approve and defend those that do that to other people. Willing to give people a safe place to kill and disfigure peaceful people. Why am I not shocked.
I am not defending anyone. You reap what you sew.
You defend it by defending the country it happens in.

I sew peace and you sew death...
Really? Death is the first thing God did when Adam sinned. Death is why we are here. The only peace you sew is cowardice.
And you are proud to defend those that kill and maim others.

Are you familiar with what an anti-Christ is? It is someone that takes the exact opposite stand of what Jesus stands for. The Bible says of Jesus, he is the way to life. (John 14:6) Take a look what you just posted. You just agreed that you are happy to sow death. Do you stand for and support the way of death? Are you sure that it is the way of death that you want to devote your life to?
You have no idea what you are talking about. You are a coward and would let someone kill your family and still would NOT defend yourself and the people you love. I have No problem with death.

You would allow someone to torture your family and some how that makes you a better person.

God's view of death is not the same as ours. The Bible started with God setting up Adam to sin and death was the results. The end of the bible Jesus will kill death by death. The theme of the Bible is death. We all die that is God's plan.

otseng
Savant

Post #32

Post by otseng »

Benoni wrote:You are a coward
:warning: Moderator Warning

Under no circumstances are personal attacks allowed.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #33

Post by 2timothy316 »

Benoni wrote: I have No problem with death.
I can see that. But you'd kill for peace and I'd only die for peace. Your way is not commanded in scripture. I'm going to let the Bible talk now.

2 Cor. 10:3, 4: “Though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage warfare according to what we are in the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but powerful by God for overturning strongly entrenched things.�

Mat 25: 52, 53: "Then Jesus said to him: “Return your sword to its place, for all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword. Or do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father to supply me at this moment more than 12 legions of angels?"

“[God] will certainly render judgment among the nations and set matters straight respecting many peoples. And they will have to beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, neither will they learn war anymore.�—Isaiah 2:4.

Rev 13:10: "If anyone is taken prisoner, he must go to prison. If anyone is killed with a sword, with a sword he must be killed. In this situation God's holy people need endurance and confidence."

Note the last scripture in Revelation. In the situations of being taken prisoner or facing death God's people need to have endurance and confidence. Not rage, war and revenge.

Keep your armed forces. They don't need to fight for me. No weapon can succeed against God's followers. (Isaiah 54:17) Even if we die, death is not forever. There is going to be a resurrection. (Acts 24:15) I know one day your armies will come for me and my family and friends. But I will put my confidence in Jehovah.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the oth

Post #34

Post by McCulloch »

McCulloch wrote:The USA is not a Christian nation.
Benoni wrote: [silence]
McCulloch wrote:Just like to point out that this is not an exclusively JW teaching. The historic peace churches (Quakers, Amish, Mennonites and others) and a growing number of modern Christians also take Jesus' teachings on this matter seriously.
Benoni wrote:Do you know what happened to these groups when they were slathered by native Americans all though US and British history? You are protected by the US Military which you spit on.
If the European colonialists were less bent on conquest and genocide of the indigenous peoples, they might have been a little less hostile.
Benoni wrote:This is not your own choice this is a religious dogma in which you righteously turn your back on your nation. So sad.
McCulloch wrote:Would you rather he turn his back on God in order to be faithful to a nation?
Benoni wrote:I serve God all my life and I did not turn my back on the nation that protects my family. I am retired Army.
If you love God, you would obey his teachings. Jesus taught nonviolence. It is up to you whether you agree or disagree with Jesus.
bluethread wrote:The idea is that a strike on the right cheek would be a backhanded slap and unintentional. Offering the left is equivalent to checking to see if the offense was intentional. So, the passage is not talking about a military threat or being a door mat, but giving people the benefit of the doubt.
McCulloch wrote:Reading in context, this appears to be a false interpretation.
Matthew 5:39-41 wrote:But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two.
Benoni wrote:Try this when an Islamic terrorist is killing your family.
I am more likely to be killed by a Christian in North America than by a Muslim.

The early Christians welcomed the opportunity for martyrdom. Do you think that they were wrong?

I am no longer a Christian. I disagree with Jesus on quite a number of issues.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #35

Post by Benoni »

2timothy316 wrote:
I can see that. But you'd kill for peace and I'd only die for peace. Your way is not commanded in scripture. I'm going to let the Bible talk now.

2 Cor. 10:3, 4: “Though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage warfare according to what we are in the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but powerful by God for overturning strongly entrenched things.�

Mat 25: 52, 53: "Then Jesus said to him: “Return your sword to its place, for all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword. Or do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father to supply me at this moment more than 12 legions of angels?"

“[God] will certainly render judgment among the nations and set matters straight respecting many peoples. And they will have to beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, neither will they learn war anymore.�—Isaiah 2:4.

Rev 13:10: "If anyone is taken prisoner, he must go to prison. If anyone is killed with a sword, with a sword he must be killed. In this situation God's holy people need endurance and confidence."

Note the last scripture in Revelation. In the situations of being taken prisoner or facing death God's people need to have endurance and confidence. Not rage, war and revenge.

Keep your armed forces. They don't need to fight for me. No weapon can succeed against God's followers. (Isaiah 54:17) Even if we die, death is not forever. There is going to be a resurrection. (Acts 24:15) I know one day your armies will come for me and my family and friends. But I will put my confidence in Jehovah.
So you are saying the USA should be like the JW and all lay down are arms and let who ever do as they will?

God placed all of us in a natural world with natural physical wars and natural physical enemies who want to kill us, torture us, rape our women, in enslave us and this is your answer to let it happen?

God ordained death and war and all these terrible things for us to overcome and be triumph over and you choose slavery and rape by our enemies? Please move to Islam or perhaps North Korea with your family and start preaching these verses and then come back and talk to me.

By the way you are way overboard with the name of Jehovah there are over 200 names not titles of God in the bible.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #36

Post by McCulloch »

Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #37

Post by 2timothy316 »

Benoni wrote:
2timothy316 wrote:

So you are saying the USA should be like the JW and all lay down are arms and let who ever do as they will?

God placed all of us in a natural world with natural physical wars and natural physical enemies who want to kill us, torture us, rape our women, in enslave us and this is your answer to let it happen?

God ordained death and war and all these terrible things for us to overcome and be triumph over and you choose slavery and rape by our enemies? Please move to Islam or perhaps North Korea with your family and start preaching these verses and then come back and talk to me.

By the way you are way overboard with the name of Jehovah there are over 200 names not titles of God in the bible.
So you serve a god of death then? Very well. I serve the God of the living and the happy God, Jehovah. (I see you are now attacking His name too, I'm not shocked by this, it makes complete sense.)

This describes my God,
"He is a God, not of the dead, but of the living..." Luke 20:38
..."glorious good news of the happy God." 1 Tim 1:11

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #38

Post by 2timothy316 »

Benoni wrote:
We are already living a country where people do as they will. Do you watch the news? Just because they are Americans doesn't make it 'ok'. But yes, just as JW don't take up arms against the mobs that have killed us in the country we live in, even in the USA, then of course we wouldn't take up arms against people in other countries. Sadly in the 1940's people didn't feel the same way about us. Many people call us cowards but we were not the ones shooting, hanging and castrating unarmed peaceful people trying to mind their own business. Who is the real coward in that situation? The unarmed person dying or the one killing the unarmed person?

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #39

Post by Benoni »

2timothy316 wrote:
Benoni wrote:
2timothy316 wrote:

So you serve a god of death then? Very well. I serve the God of the living and the happy God, Jehovah. (I see you are now attacking His name too, I'm not shocked by this, it makes complete sense.)

This describes my God,
"He is a God, not of the dead, but of the living..." Luke 20:38
..."glorious good news of the happy God." 1 Tim 1:11
He better be. if He is not there is a power greater than Him controlling death and evil.

Psa. 147: 4He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name.
5Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite.
Psa. 33: 13The LORD looks from heaven; He sees all the sons of men.
14From the place of His dwelling He looks On all the inhabitants of the earth;
15He fashions their hearts individually; He considers all their works.
Matt. 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will. 30But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #40

Post by Benoni »

2timothy316 wrote:
Benoni wrote:
We are already living a country where people do as they will. Do you watch the news? Just because they are Americans doesn't make it 'ok'. But yes, just as JW don't take up arms against the mobs that have killed us in the country we live in, even in the USA, then of course we wouldn't take up arms against people in other countries. Sadly in the 1940's people didn't feel the same way about us. Many people call us cowards but we were not the ones shooting, hanging and castrating unarmed peaceful people trying to mind their own business. Who is the real coward in that situation? The unarmed person dying or the one killing the unarmed person?

Boo Ho. Tell me where it is OK ??? Please go live in Islam for a year and than come back and tell me how America is so bad and your freedoms here are not worth defending. In other words you let Hitler have is way because the USA is so terrible?

go live in Islam