If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other..

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Do you agree that This belief is not applicable now?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 1

mubasher1984

If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other..

Post #1

Post by mubasher1984 »

This above mentioned subjected belief of Christianity is neither applicable in this era nor it is being applied and acted upon anywhere in the world. I respect Christianity as a religion, but it was for a limited time period, i.ae. as long as Jesus and his caliphs remained in this world. But, in this era, this teachings is not applicable. Even, Christian nations are not acting upon. Instead, they are using force to those who don't accept their supremacy. For example, after the 9/11, as per teachings of Christianity, USA would say that please come terrorists, and attack other parts of country too. Instead they attacked on Afghanistan and still sending its troops there. This shows that they know that the teachings of Christianity are not to act upon. While, the Koranic teachings are applicable till the end of times. Koran does not says not only to defend of somebody attack, but also to give other a strong answer so that it could not attack such way in future.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #41

Post by 2timothy316 »

Benoni wrote:
2timothy316 wrote:
Benoni wrote:
So you are saying the USA should be like the JW and all lay down are arms and let who ever do as they will?
We are already living a country where people do as they will. Do you watch the news? Just because they are Americans doesn't make it 'ok'. But yes, just as JW don't take up arms against the mobs that have killed us in the country we live in, even in the USA, then of course we wouldn't take up arms against people in other countries. Sadly in the 1940's people didn't feel the same way about us. Many people call us cowards but we were not the ones shooting, hanging and castrating unarmed peaceful people trying to mind their own business. Who is the real coward in that situation? The unarmed person dying or the one killing the unarmed person?

Boo Ho. Tell me where it is OK ??? Please go live in Islam for a year and than come back and tell me how America is so bad and your freedoms here are not worth defending. In other words you let Hitler have is way because the USA is so terrible?

go live in Islam
Islam is the 3rd largest religion in the US. Therefore I already live in Islam. Statistics show that I am more likely to be killed by a racist so-called-Christian from the far right than by Islamic terrorism.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/ana ... terrorism/

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #42

Post by Benoni »

2timothy316 wrote:
Benoni wrote:
2timothy316 wrote:
Benoni wrote:
So you are saying the USA should be like the JW and all lay down are arms and let who ever do as they will?
We are already living a country where people do as they will. Do you watch the news? Just because they are Americans doesn't make it 'ok'. But yes, just as JW don't take up arms against the mobs that have killed us in the country we live in, even in the USA, then of course we wouldn't take up arms against people in other countries. Sadly in the 1940's people didn't feel the same way about us. Many people call us cowards but we were not the ones shooting, hanging and castrating unarmed peaceful people trying to mind their own business. Who is the real coward in that situation? The unarmed person dying or the one killing the unarmed person?

Boo Ho. Tell me where it is OK ??? Please go live in Islam for a year and than come back and tell me how America is so bad and your freedoms here are not worth defending. In other words you let Hitler have is way because the USA is so terrible?

go live in Islam
Islam is the 3rd largest religion in the US. Therefore I already live in Islam. Statistics show that I am more likely to be killed by a racist so-called-Christian from the far right than by Islamic terrorism.

You have no clue about Islam or the USA if you believe this. All you need to do in Islam to get killed (cut your head off) or make you their slave (all legal in Islam) is mention the name Jehovah, Jesus or JW and you are dead. You have freedom of religion in the USA something you obviously take for granted.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #43

Post by 2timothy316 »

Benoni wrote:
2timothy316 wrote:

You have no clue about Islam or the USA if you believe this.
What I believe doesn't matter. This is not belief, it is truth.

Since 1990, excluding the Oklahoma City Bombing and 9/11 there have been 136 victims of Islamic terror attack. Death from the far right, there are 272 victims.

I am more likely to be killed by the far right in this country than from followers of Islam.

Numbers can't lie.

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #44

Post by Benoni »

2timothy316 wrote:
Benoni wrote:
2timothy316 wrote:

You have no clue about Islam or the USA if you believe this.
What I believe doesn't matter. This is not belief, it is truth.

Since 1990, excluding the Oklahoma City Bombing and 9/11 there have been 136 victims of Islamic terror attack. Death from the far right, there are 272 victims.

I am more likely to be killed by the far right in this country than from followers of Islam.

Numbers can't lie.
It is not the right rioting, killing police officers and looting. its the left and not even the far left. It is not the right that wants gay marriage, trans-genders in the military it is the left.

What you are ignoring because no one covers it is the thousands of people who die in Islam and are slaves now. yes numbers can lie if you are a JW and you drink the cool aid.

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #45

Post by Benoni »

The way you speak you I am sure have never left the USA and have seen the world. Have you ever left you're state or city?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #46

Post by 2timothy316 »

Benoni wrote: The way you speak you I am sure have never left the USA and have seen the world. Have you ever left you're state or city?
I have been to 3 different nations and have traveled from coast to coast in the US. I have also spoken to countless people from all over the world. As a JW it's kind of our thing to love people from all nations and speak to all from all nations. I have even spoken to Islamic followers, Hindus, buddhist and who knows how many more. I can't keep count.

You do realize that JW go from door to door...we talk to people. A lot of people.
The commandment we follow is speak to all about the coming of the Kingdom and not shoot on sight. We see that this is a better way to get to know our neighbors.

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #47

Post by Benoni »

2timothy316 wrote:
Benoni wrote: The way you speak you I am sure have never left the USA and have seen the world. Have you ever left you're state or city?
I have been to 3 different nations and have traveled from coast to coast in the US. I have also spoken to countless people from all over the world. As a JW it's kind of our thing to love people from all nations and speak to all from all nations. I have even spoken to Islamic followers, Hindus, buddhist and who knows how many more. I can't keep count.

You do realize that JW go from door to door...we talk to people. A lot of people.
The commandment we follow is speak to all about the coming of the Kingdom and not shoot on sight. We see that this is a better way to get to know our neighbors.
God's not calling all people now. So if He does not call you you cannot not come. I like the word forced. Carnal man has no freewill towards salvation. Freewill is a religious word not a scriptural one when it comes to salvation.

Do JW believe in salvation?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #48

Post by 2timothy316 »

Benoni wrote:
2timothy316 wrote:

God's not calling all people now. So if He does not call you you cannot not come. I like the word forced. Carnal man has no freewill towards salvation. Freewill is a religious word not a scriptural one when it comes to salvation.

What does this have to do with the USA and despite what you feel for this country, it's not the paradise you think it is? Are we done talking about war and why we shouldn't be killing others for some temporary nation of sinful mankind? Are you changing the subject?

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #49

Post by Benoni »

2timothy316 wrote:
Benoni wrote:
2timothy316 wrote:

What does this have to do with the USA and despite what you feel for this country, it's not the paradise you think it is? Are we done talking about war and why we shouldn't be killing others for some temporary nation of sinful mankind? Are you changing the subject?
Not at all. People like you need to go somewhere else where there is no freedom to worship seeing you spit on our nation.

My point you keep pushing your religion on people and I am sure freewill works great because the JW belief is not spiritual. But a true spiritual belief comes by God's Spirit drawing/dragging/forcing by the power of God's will over the power over sin and death. This will never happen by carnal man freely choosing. But you are JW so I am sure this works for you

otseng
Savant

Post #50

Post by otseng »

Benoni wrote:yes numbers can lie if you are a JW and you drink the cool aid.
:warning: Moderator Warning

Please do not make negative blanket statements about another group.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.