Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic
Justin108
First Post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:53 am  Has God ever communicated with you? Reply with quote

JehovahsWitness wrote:

Justin108 wrote:
Can you perhaps describe how exactly God communicated with you?


Through holy spirit and personal experience.


Justin108 wrote:
Was it an audible interaction as if another human being was speaking to you?


Not as yet, no.

Justin108 wrote:
Please, in as much detail as you can, describe to me what it is like to have God personally inform you of something.


Yes I can. I won't, at least not to you, but I certainly could if I chose to.

JW


JW claims God spoke directly to him/her. JW, for whatever reason, refuses to explain the details of this interaction. I can only wonder why. Are there perhaps others on this forum who can explain to me in detail what an interaction with God is like?
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 21: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:47 pm
Reply

Like this post
[Replying to post 15 by Justin108]

Quote:
How can you tell?


I have an extensive and growing database in the Members Notes section which is accessible to anyone who cares to investigate.
Therein details can be found in regard to your question.

Quote:
My girlfriend has chronic shoulder pain.


Pain sux.

Quote:
If she formed the conclusion that the shoulder pain is due to an evil spirit, constantly stabbing her in the shoulder, would this be a valid conclusion?


You have drifted into territory which I have assigned no significance to in relation to the statement I made which you are commenting on. Please consider changing course.


Quote:
A sensation is not the same as a conclusion. You experience something(the sensation), you attribute it to God(the conclusion)...


I experience my human life. As sensational as it is. I experience the human form through its sensory, emotive, intuitive and intelligence systems in relation with the external universe (specifically local).

Quote:
and you have yet to explain why you attribute it to God other than insisting that it is God.


Specifically I have explained that I understand GOD to being Consciousness, both the one and the all and attribute all things external to being the creation of GOD.
How can you claim then that "I have yet to explain."? Surely it is you who has yet to comprehend.

Quote:
I do not mean this as an insult so I hope to not be reported for this, but what you are describing is indistinguishable from delusional thinking in the literal sense.


Perhaps you are indeed attempting to be insulting, only I cannot be insulted so you fail on that count anyway and I suggest that perhaps you try a different approach in future when attempting to interact with me, for the sake of mature interaction.

Delusional thinking is in the eye of the beholder. For example, I think people are delusional in trusting politicians who are supporting systems of disparity which enable the minority to gather vast amounts of wealth while the majority of humans are forced to work for those systems, and pay for the 'privilege' of being able to do so.

Are far as delusions go, those are far more dangerous to YOU than me and my 24/7 relationship with GOD is, so maybe you should think about that and perhaps even become a little concerned even, if you aren't already.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 22: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:25 am
Reply

Like this post
William wrote:

Quote:
If she formed the conclusion that the shoulder pain is due to an evil spirit, constantly stabbing her in the shoulder, would this be a valid conclusion?

You have drifted into territory which I have assigned no significance to in relation to the statement I made which you are commenting on. Please consider changing course.

If the parallel is confusing to you, let me spell it out: your conclusion that your experience is divine in origin is no more valid than the conclusion that shoulder pain is demonic in origin.

William wrote:

Quote:
A sensation is not the same as a conclusion. You experience something(the sensation), you attribute it to God(the conclusion)...


I experience my human life. As sensational as it is. I experience the human form through its sensory, emotive, intuitive and intelligence systems in relation with the external universe (specifically local).

How does this address the part you quoted? You experience your human life... ok? What about it? What does this have to do with you arbitrarily attributing your experiences to God?

William wrote:

Quote:
and you have yet to explain why you attribute it to God other than insisting that it is God.


Specifically I have explained that I understand GOD to being Consciousness, both the one and the all and attribute all things external to being the creation of GOD.
How can you claim then that "I have yet to explain."? Surely it is you who has yet to comprehend.

You explained what you believe but not why you believe it. You haven't explained the rational processes behind it (assuming there are rational processes involved)

William wrote:

Delusional thinking is in the eye of the beholder.

No exception? So no matter what, if someone believes someone else is delusional, this will always be nothing but a subjective opinion? If someone insists their dog is possessed by Satan, whether this person is delusional is strictly a matter of opinion? Is there no such thing as objective delusions?

William wrote:

Are far as delusions go, those are far more dangerous to YOU than me and my 24/7 relationship with GOD is, so maybe you should think about that and perhaps even become a little concerned even, if you aren't already.

Dangerous in what way? Does your god also send non-believers to hell?

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 23: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:30 pm
Reply

Like this post
[Replying to post 22 by Justin108]

Quote:
If the parallel is confusing to you, let me spell it out: your conclusion that your experience is divine in origin is no more valid than the conclusion that shoulder pain is demonic in origin.


You conflate the shoulder pain with my experience, which is a serious drift into territory which I have assigned no significance to in relation to the statement I made which you are commenting on. Please consider changing course.

Also I have not said the EE is 'divine' and to clarify, when I refer to it as the local GOD I am doing so in relation to its creative capabilities in using what is available to make forms in which it can divest aspects of its consciousness into and experience those forms through the process of what we think of as biological evolution.

Some of those forms might be classed as 'demonic' and some as 'divine' but I think these are largely human concepts which are not applicable to the EE, or to reality in general.

In relation to attitude, 'demonic' and 'divine' can be attached to behavior manifested through attitude. In regard to my own experience with the EE, there has been no sign of the demonic in relation to the attitude expressed.

Quote:
How does this address the part you quoted? You experience your human life... ok? What about it? What does this have to do with you arbitrarily attributing your experiences to God?


In relation to the local GOD the EE consciousness interacts with my individuate consciousness through the experience of my life. There is no particular difference between ME experiencing my life and the EE experiencing my life. The EE is capable of experiencing its life as a planet (and all that is involved with that) and my life as an individual human being, simultaneously.
Within that interaction, the EE is also capable of using the external to show me it is capable of interacting with me through the external in what is often referred to as serendipity and/or synchronicity by using coinciding incidence interactively which can be consciously experienced as real and through the experience, verified.

Quote:
Delusional thinking is in the eye of the beholder. For example, I think people are delusional in trusting politicians who are supporting systems of disparity which enable the minority to gather vast amounts of wealth while the majority of humans are forced to work for those systems, and pay for the 'privilege' of being able to do so.


Quote:
Dangerous in what way?


Are your seriously claiming ignorance as to how such systems of disparity are dangerous. Take a look around.

Quote:
Does your god also send non-believers to hell?


Why do you ask? Was it something I said?

Quote:
You explained what you believe but not why you believe it.


I have done both, and will continue to do so. If you are not seeing that, I cannot be held responsible for your lack of ability to comprehend where I have explained why I hold the position that I do. I suggest that you refrain from misrepresenting me with such statements.

Thanks
W

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 24: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:24 am
Reply

Like this post
William wrote:

Also I have not said the EE is 'divine'

divine1
dɪˈvʌɪn/
adjective
1.
of or like God or a god.

You called it a God. Ergo, it is divine.

William wrote:
Some of those forms might be classed as 'demonic' and some as 'divine' but I think these are largely human concepts which are not applicable to the EE, or to reality in general.

From what I can tell, either you or whichever group you belong to made the EE up. Being made up by humans makes the EE a very human concept.

William wrote:

In relation to the local GOD the EE consciousness interacts with my individuate consciousness through the experience of my life. There is no particular difference between ME experiencing my life and the EE experiencing my life.

This is starting to sound like dissociative identity disorder. You should see someone about that.

William wrote:

Quote:
Dangerous in what way?


Are your seriously claiming ignorance as to how such systems of disparity are dangerous. Take a look around.

Ok I'm going to dismiss this as a refusal to answer.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 25: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:14 am
Reply

Like this post
[Replying to post 24 by Justin108]

Quote:
You called it a God. Ergo, it is divine.


As I stated.

Quote:
Also I have not said the EE is 'divine' and to clarify, when I refer to it as the local GOD I am doing so in relation to its creative capabilities in using what is available to make forms in which it can divest aspects of its consciousness into and experience those forms through the process of what we think of as biological evolution.


In this, I think the EE is able to be referred to as a GOD. If this means that it has to be seen to be divine, well and good.

Quote:
From what I can tell, either you or whichever group you belong to made the EE up.


Or: I am an individual who interacts with the EE and the Entity actually is using the planet as its body.

Quote:
Being made up by humans makes the EE a very human concept.


Or what I have shared is real and human consciousnesses actually are all an aspect of the overall EE consciousness and in relation to that, 'a very human concept' is sourced with the EE. EE inspired thought-forms find their way into the human situation, and are manifested through human creativity and made real.

What you might assent to consider doing as a thought experiment is to imagine that what I am saying is actually the case and then try to understand what kind of being the EE would be and what kind of experience the EE would have within it situation and its likely limitations and abilities therein, etc.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 26: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:42 am
Reply

Like this post
William wrote:

[Replying to post 24 by Justin108]

Quote:
You called it a God. Ergo, it is divine.


As I stated.

Quote:
Also I have not said the EE is 'divine' and to clarify, when I refer to it as the local GOD I am doing so in relation to its creative capabilities in using what is available to make forms in which it can divest aspects of its consciousness into and experience those forms through the process of what we think of as biological evolution.


In this, I think the EE is able to be referred to as a GOD. If this means that it has to be seen to be divine, well and good.

Right. Are you done arguing semantics now or...?

William wrote:

Quote:
From what I can tell, either you or whichever group you belong to made the EE up.


Or: I am an individual who interacts with the EE and the Entity actually is using the planet as its body.

I simply cannot figure out why so many people come to a debate site, only to make baseless claims. Did you come to this site to preach?

William wrote:

What you might assent to consider doing as a thought experiment is to imagine that what I am saying is actually the case and then try to understand what kind of being the EE would be and what kind of experience the EE would have within it situation and its likely limitations and abilities therein, etc.

That's how you intend to support your case? By asking me to imagine that it's true? What will this thought experiment achieve?

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 27: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:16 am
Reply

Like this post
Justin108 wrote:

This is starting to sound like dissociative identity disorder. You should see someone about that.


Warning Moderator Warning

Please refrain from armchair psychology.

Please review our Rules.

______________

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 28: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:06 pm
Reply

Like this post
[Replying to post 26 by Justin108]

Quote:
That's how you intend to support your case?


Not entirely. But it would be helpful to the process I think.

Quote:
By asking me to imagine that it's true? What will this thought experiment achieve?


It might not achieve anything except perhaps to show that you are the type of personality who is unable to go there in your mind and imagine 'what if it were true' and see where that thought would lead you in the way of forming conclusions. That is what a thought experiment is designed to do.

Or, if you were the type of personality who can do this type of thing, then it would be helpful in assisting me to share a perspective without having to spell everything out.

But mostly, it would help me to determine whether there is any point in spending time and effort compiling data which will most likely only be scoffed at, skimmed over and binned because it is theistic in nature, involves concepts which have to be experienced subjectively, and comes with the risk that GOD might actually after all be real.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 29: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:08 am
Reply

Like this post
William wrote:

Quote:
By asking me to imagine that it's true? What will this thought experiment achieve?


It might not achieve anything except perhaps to show that you are the type of personality who is unable to go there in your mind and imagine 'what if it were true' and see where that thought would lead you in the way of forming conclusions. That is what a thought experiment is designed to do.

I can easily imagine a "what if it were true" scenario. I do this often with fantasy. But a "what if it were true" scenario is utterly useless as a means to demonstrate anything other than what it would be like if it were true.

William wrote:

But mostly, it would help me to determine whether there is any point in spending time and effort compiling data which will most likely only be scoffed at, skimmed over and binned because it is theistic in nature, involves concepts which have to be experienced subjectively, and comes with the risk that GOD might actually after all be real.

Yet another excuse to refuse to support your argument. I think I've heard enough excuses to conclude that at no point in this debate will you ever provide anything other than preaching. If you ever change your mind and... oh I don't know... use this debate site to actually debate rather than preach, let me know.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
MPG Recipient Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 30: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:41 pm
Reply

Like this post (1): JehovahsWitness
[Replying to post 29 by Justin108]

Quote:
But a "what if it were true" scenario is utterly useless as a means to demonstrate anything other than what it would be like if it were true.


That is precisely what thought experiment is about. No one is asking you to believe anything is true.
Imagination is vital to any idea which requires logical thought. What I am saying is that it isn't difficult to understand as perfectly feasible. Something which is feasible isn't necessarily true, but if one is not even willing to consider something feasible,, one isn't engaging the part of the mind that deals with imagination, and one cannot then go about seeing if there are ways in which to test the hypothesis, because one has already made up one's mind that the idea isn't feasible, without even engaging the imagination.

Quote:
But mostly, it would help me to determine whether there is any point in spending time and effort compiling data which will most likely only be scoffed at, skimmed over and binned because it is theistic in nature, involves concepts which have to be experienced subjectively, and comes with the risk that GOD might actually after all be real.


Quote:
Yet another excuse to refuse to support your argument.


No. It is a very logical, reasonable thing to want to determine if the request is genuinely motivated by actual interest. In line with that, I don't think the request is suitable given the amount of time and effort I will need to do what you are asking for, and the lack of guarantee it will be treated with all due respect on that count, given your track record so far.

Besides which, there is data which I have already mentioned which is available, and if you were really that interested, you could peruse that at your own leisure.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
Display posts from previous:   

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

 




On The Web | Ecodia | Hymn Lyrics Apps
Facebook | Twitter

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.   Produced by Ecodia.

Igloo   |  Lo-Fi Version