Pressing matters of the day and of all time, debated among thoughtful participants of all faiths

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic
bluethread
First Post
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:01 pm  Is football the Christian religion? Reply with quote

I just had a Christian client come in and say that the house he is moving into has an open basement, so he is planning on making it a football room. He is planning on putting a big screen on one end and have helmets down each side under museum lighting. So, this man is dedicating half of his house to football?
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 11: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:25 am

Like this post
koko wrote:

American football, like international soccer, is mostly played on Sundays. That says quite a bit! Angel

Is this mockery? Ha-ha, lets have a laugh. Evil.

Can one go to mass on Sunday and play sports on the same day? Yes. Blasphemy? No.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 12: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:53 pm

Like this post
[quote= koko]
American football, like international soccer, is mostly played on Sundays. That says quite a bit! Angel

Is this mockery? Ha-ha, lets have a laugh. Evil.

Can one go to mass on Sunday and play sports on the same day? Yes. Blasphemy? No.[/quote]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xb8fhck0ks

I have not seen the movie but know the story very well. It shows how religion (that is, TRUE Christianity) and football helped revive a segregated southern town.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 13: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:23 pm

Like this post
Perhaps pro wrestling should be said to be the official Christian sport: http://christianwrestling.com/

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 14: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:04 pm
Re: Is football the Christian religion?

Like this post
bluethread wrote:

I just had a Christian client come in and say that the house he is moving into has an open basement, so he is planning on making it a football room. He is planning on putting a big screen on one end and have helmets down each side under museum lighting. So, this man is dedicating half of his house to football?

So what if he is dedicating ½ or all of his house to football? Why does that have any impact on you?
Why does one's hobby matter to someone else?
I don't get it Shocked

Goto top, bottom

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

On The Web | Ecodia | Facebook | Twitter