Salvation Loss. Is it possible?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Mick
Student

Salvation Loss. Is it possible?

Post #1

Post by Mick »

I believe it is possible for a heaven bound Christian to end up condemned. There are many passages describing this but I believe the parable in Luke 12:42-46 is one of the clearest.

In this parable, the word "manager" is singular, showing that there is only one faithful and wise manager being spoken of. Looking at the verses, we have:

a) V.42 tells us of a faithful and wise manager (obviously a saved man) who is put in charge while the master (Jesus) is away.

b) Vs. 43-44 say that the servant will be rewarded and put in charge of all the master's possessions if the master returns and finds that the servant has remained faithful.

c) Vs. 45-46 then tells us that the same servant will be condemned and assigned a place with the unbelievers (in hell) if the master returns and finds that he is sinning and mistreating the other servants etc.

To say that the servant will be assigned a place with unbelievers makes it obvious that he was a believer initially.

To me, this is one of several parables and passages which clearly show that a Christian can be rewarded or condemned, depending on his actions.

Loss of salvation is a vitally important issue.

What do you think of this parable?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #41

Post by onewithhim »

Most people have not blasphemed. To blaspheme is to know, for instance, that Jesus' power came from God.....but you accuse him of getting his power from the demons. That is what the religious leaders of Jesus' day did, and he said that they were on their way to Gehenna, or, destruction. (John 8:48,52; Matthew 23:33)

They KNEW that he was from God, but they didn't care. That's what blasphemers are---they know the truth but they don't care. They want to advance their own selfish agenda.

I think that most people do NOT know the truth. Many do not care, but they don't blaspheme, necessarily. God knows their hearts, and they will have the chance to learn the truth, whether in this system of things or in the next (Paradise on Earth).

Men cannot do things perfectly now, but we can be loyal to God. Our imperfections are covered over by Jesus' sacrifice of his human life. What we don't want to do is DELIBERATELY do things that we know are not acceptable to God. Those kind of sins are not covered by Jesus. (I John 5:16,17; Hebrews 10:26)