Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Alfred Persson
Student

The Meaning of 666, The Reason for the Riddle

Post #1

Post by Alfred Persson »

I will prove the following two propositions:

1) 666 is a biblical allusion to a man’s name in the Old Testament: Adonikam.

2) The Holy Spirit inspired this Riddle to strengthen the faith of the generation alive in the End Time that will see Adonikam rise to become the Antichrist Beast.

We solve riddles by heeding its details, and spotting any double entendre hinting at a solution. For example, Samson’s riddle (Judges 14:14) contained the solution, honey eaten from the carcass of a lion (Judges 14:8-9, 18):
So he said to them: “Out of the eater came something to eat, And out of the strong came something sweet.� Now for three days they could not explain the riddle. (Jdg. 14:14) NKJ

The word “lion� in Hebrew (ʾarî) is almost identical to an Arabic word for “honey� (ʾary).-Wolf, H. (1992). Judges. In F. E. Gaebelein (Ed.), The Expositor’s Bible Commentary: Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 & 2 Samuel (Vol. 3, p. 468). Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Publishing House.
Lets Solve the 666 Meaning:
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. (Rev. 13:18) KJV
John said 666 is the number OF a man, not the number of a name. That’s double entendre, 666 springs from the man, 666 exists because of what the man is or does, it is not his name in code. We must pay attention to the detail with strictness, John insisted we COUNT to arrive at 666, that is one half of the equation. To solve the riddle we must deduce the missing half of the equation that equals 666 and then determine what man caused that calculation to exist, for it is “OF� him. Therefore Gematria, numerology, symbolic meaning, etc. are completely irrelevant.

Lets review other details to find what else is implied in the wording:

This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666. (Rev. 13:18) ESV

Christians seek wisdom in scripture, therefore John’s call for it must involve the Bible. Adonikam is the only Bible name of a man 666 and a calculation point to that everyone (3588 � ho) understanding the Bible can find. Once directly (Ezra 2:13) and once after a calculation (Neh. 7:18) subtracting Adonikam’s father who must have had the same name, so 667-1=666 still points to Adonikam. The only man directly causing 666 to exist and also the calculation resulting in 666 to exist, is the man Adonikam. As John thus says he is the Beast, 666 is the number OF the Beast also:

The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and six. (Ezr. 2:13) KJV

The children of Adonikam, six hundred threescore and seven. (Neh. 7:18) KJV

Having these two verses point to the same name is like having “two witnesses� establishing the matter (Deut. 19:15).

Adonikam alone is the elegant solution, it alone assembles John’s puzzle following all his requirements and still satisfies his expectation anyone with Bible wisdom will discover the one name he had in mind when he penned this riddle.

Not so Kabbalistic Gematria. The pieces just do not fit, and regardless how it is tweaked, so many names are produced it will never satisfy John’s expectation only one name will result and the probability the reader will pick the name John had in mind is infinitesimal.

Continues on my site:
http://endtimenews.net/666-meaning/[/url]

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Re: The Meaning of 666, The Reason for the Riddle

Post #71

Post by Benoni »

onewithhim wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:
onewithhim wrote: Where do you get this idea? It is not a reference to every person throughout humanity. It is concerning the spirit-anointed brothers of Jesus, and then, by our association with them, all the rest of Jesus' followers, the "other sheep."
I get my ideas from the Bible verses that I noted and quoted, because those texts and I are in agreement.

Just for the record I did already know about you from other comments and other threads that you are not open to the message that I am giving, and so I was really telling it to that other person in this thread.

I see yours as just a selfish kind of love, which excludes us sinners.

This below is from the Godly kind of loving thy enemies:

See here 1 Corinthians 3:
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
---

Any man means every person, and every person has the spirit of God.
Oh, I see. So you just dismiss me. You have no interest in reasoning with me and commenting on the scriptures that I bring up? You find one passage out of all the others that speak of fire and construct your entire belief structure on that.

Then you call me "selfish." How can a person be selfish by believing that it is wrong (and not God's way of doing things) to force a person to be something that he does not want to be? That is horrendous! A person loves to cheat at poker, on his income tax, have sex with his neighbor's wife, burn down nursing homes and hospitals, throw babies into the river.....and you say that God will FORCE this person to be good? Do a kind of lobotomy on him? Don't we call that kind of operation heinous? That would be making either a zombie or a robot out of that person.

If someone LOVES to do evil, he will never be good, and it is this kind of person that God will put to sleep forever. But you sympathize with rapists and murderers. I wonder why. I wonder why you don't sympathize with the victims of these crimes. The scripture says that if a wicked person were given the chance to live in the righteous paradise of Jesus' rule, he would not change. For anyone to be forced to change against his will is cruelty to that person. God wants only those who WANT to love Him to live with other good people.

"Though the wicked is shown favor, he does not learn righteousness; he deals unjustly in the land of uprightness, and does not perceive the majesty of the LORD." (Isaiah 26:10, NASB)

So I'm "selfish," eh? I am the one here who doesn't want the wicked person to have, in essence, a lobotomy, and change him against his will, and I'm the selfish one? I am the one here who wants good people to forever be relieved of suffering at the hands of the wicked people, and I'm selfish?

So you are saying God has no control of any evil and there is a greater force than God when it comes to evil????

onewithhim
Savant

Re: The Meaning of 666, The Reason for the Riddle

Post #72

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 69 by JP Cusick]

A father, if he is loving and caring, will not FORCE his children to obey him. A loving father will nurture them and train them and instruct them, and it's up to them to make good decisions. He wants his children to obey him because they want to.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #74

Post by onewithhim »

Do you have something to say about the link you provided? That would be helpful.

evilsorcerer1
Banned
Banned

reason;

Post #75

Post by evilsorcerer1 »

crazy people wrote a book and said 1/3 of the angels were thrown from heaven; thus the 2/3 represents 666. The angels don't exist, and appx 3/3 of all people cannot and never could be saved.

Interpretation of Genesis Ch 11

Due to the fact that I (the author of the bible) had never even seen another human being in all my time on the earth and that it couldn’t be possible there were more than two people created in the beginning (I’m the one who wrote the story about the garden and I’m never wrong), I think god must have realized how divine my writings were and confused the languages. If he didn’t, my writings probably would have made people smart enough to reach heaven and overthrow god (this guy didn’t blaspheme).
So he divided the people into different nationalities - I’m guessing when god made adam and eve skins in the garden that’s what he was talking about - then scattered them all over the earth. He probably used the same whirlwind he’ll use to take elijah to heaven. Strange I thought it might be called babel for another reason. Babel, bible, abel.

other words and meanings decoded; Moses in the basket -
moses-basket noah - ark david - ark of the covenant jonah - belly of the whale
tents - things people lived in because they didn’t know how to build houses; **and Noah began to be a farmer, and he planted a vineyard. 21 Then he drank of the wine and was drunk, and became uncovered in his tent.** uncovered - the true symbolism of the character revealed; cubits - measurements
people used to describe objects with flat bottoms and sides; bark - how people built boats without tools;
the devil - everything when you’re like me and want to defeat god so you can destroy everything blasphemy - the serpent tricking adam and eve in the garden of eden; the serpent - what adam and eve unknowingly called god; god - what the people unknowingly call themselves ; skins god made for adam and eve; things snakes can shed but humans can’t; given to us in the beginning, not later when he confused the languages; eastward where the garden was - Jordan (jordan, garden) and probably as far as they could walk to escape the desert; noah was moses; river - one of the things flowing out of the garden, what noah thought he was crossing; ocean - what noah was really crossing; basket is to casket as river is to ocean; jonah (noah, jesus, all people) after death; burning bush - Moses (noah) when he realized he hadn’t heard from god; The great abyss the devil will be thrown into in Revelation - that thing that used to be where the ocean is now, which the author of the bible tried to cover up with fire and brimstone from Sodom and Gomorrah. Before that the world was flat and it hadn’t rained and you could just fall off; fire and brimstone on Sodom and Gomorrah for people trying to sleep with angels - volcano eruption after a child of god died so there would be no problem they were defiled by our existence. the bottomless pit - where we go when we ide; since man is matter he must be ressurrected in the destruction of the world; when we die we cease to exist, thus the phrase “bottomless pit�. there will be no time because we don’t exist and in the same instant will be ressurrected with all people that have ever existed at the same time; fire, ice, metal - all the things that can cause pain and our physical selves will be ressurrected to exist in eternal judgement, not just fire. if we can feel pain and live here, we should be able to live and feel unlimited pain later ;

onewithhim
Savant

Post #76

Post by onewithhim »

"666" is not a riddle or puzzle and it is not a single individuals's number. This composite "beast" that it represents is analogous to the governments of men on this earth. 666 falls way short of perfection (7), and that's the ONLY significance of the number.

Further information:

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/q ... t_index]=1

evilsorcerer1
Banned
Banned

Post #77

Post by evilsorcerer1 »

The meaning of 666 can be found all throughout the bible {words have a lot more meaning than appears on the surface} . . cain-god put a mark on him; cain, cane, rod, staff; . . . he {jesus} will rule them with a rod of iron, moses rod turned into a serpent {symbol used to describe the devil}, moses lifted a serpent up on his rod, jesus said he must be lifted up as the serpent was} . . . 1/3 angels were cast from heaven, leaving 2/3, lamech said if cain's killer cursed 7 fold his killer be cursed 70x7 fold; . . according to the bible both man and beast was created on the 6th day. . . {cain could be related to canine, lamech to camel} . . lamech backwards could be translated as camel or semel, which means mark or symbol in hebrew....... also on another subject in the genealogy of adam lamech's total age was 777, which could stand for 7 (cain) and 70x7 (lamech), meaning the ages aren't ages but have other meanings...... the new testament seems to be a symbolic book where the characters weren't real but symbolized the future when the last generation of god's children would die and the apocalypse would begin; . . the authors of the gospels seem to me to be trying way too hard to get their point across. . . . the mark was invented but is really only to take peoples eyes off of the lie that people can be forgiven but really all the problems of the world is from appx 7.5 billion people. Shedding innocent blood isn't the answer, and shedding more blood won't stop the bloodshed. . . . so there probably won't be an apocalypse and in my opinion if there ever were any chosen by god they're long extinct. . . . . . .
my final note is I think the languages were really confused by people over time, quite badly for that matter.

evilsorcerer1
Banned
Banned

Post #78

Post by evilsorcerer1 »

The meaning of 666 can be found all throughout the bible {words have a lot more meaning than appears on the surface} . . cain-god put a mark on him; cain, cane, rod, staff; . . . he {jesus} will rule them with a rod of iron, moses rod turned into a serpent {symbol used to describe the devil}, moses lifted a serpent up on his rod, jesus said he must be lifted up as the serpent was} . . . 1/3 angels were cast from heaven, leaving 2/3, lamech said if cain's killer cursed 7 fold his killer be cursed 70x7 fold; . . according to the bible both man and beast was created on the 6th day. . . {cain could be related to canine, lamech to camel} . . lamech backwards could be translated as camel or semel, which means mark or symbol in hebrew....... also on another subject in the genealogy of adam lamech's total age was 777, which could stand for 7 (cain) and 70x7 (lamech), meaning the ages aren't ages but have other meanings...... the new testament seems to be a symbolic book where the characters weren't real but symbolized the future when the last generation of god's children would die and the apocalypse would begin; . . the authors of the gospels seem to me to be trying way too hard to get their point across. . . . the mark was invented but is really only to take peoples eyes off of the lie that people can be forgiven but really all the problems of the world is from appx 7.5 billion people. Shedding innocent blood isn't the answer, and shedding more blood won't stop the bloodshed. . . . so there probably won't be an apocalypse and in my opinion if there ever were any chosen by god they're long extinct. . . . . . .
my final note is I think the languages were really confused by people over time, quite badly for that matter.

JP Cusick
Guru

Re: 666

Post #79

Post by JP Cusick »

evilsorcerer1 wrote: . . . the mark was invented but is really only to take peoples eyes off of the lie that people can be forgiven but really all the problems of the world is from appx 7.5 billion people.
I too have often wondered if the silly nonsense in the book of Revelations was not just to send foolish and sinful people chasing after their own imaginary interpretations.

And you are correct that people are never forgiven, as even the scriptures only say that the sins are forgiven and the punishment is forgiven, but the person our self is never forgiven, and it would be wrong if we ever did accept our self as being forgiven.

And yes - our problems are the problems for all of humanity.
evilsorcerer1 wrote: Shedding innocent blood isn't the answer, and shedding more blood won't stop the bloodshed. . . . so there probably won't be an apocalypse and in my opinion if there ever were any chosen by god they're long extinct. . . . . . .
This is a new concept to me - but I like it, and it aligns with the real Gospel message.

To have an apocalypse of war of bloodshed and brutality is a human view, while the real Gospel message is about nonviolence and peace on earth.
evilsorcerer1 wrote: my final note is I think the languages were really confused by people over time, quite badly for that matter.
I agree that people confused the languages - but the Father God wanted the people to do that.

The reason being is that our words have huge power which people understood in ancient times, and so any person is capable of speaking out blessing and cursing with very simple language, and so the way to stop or to minimize the damage of both blessing and cursing was to confuse the languages.

People have always been just self-destructing without comprehending the magnitude of the loss.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian: