Pressing matters of the day and of all time, debated among thoughtful participants of all faiths

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Reply to topic
marco
First Post
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:08 pm  Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism? Reply with quote

And so beautiful Barcelona joins the list of cities terrorists have attacked. I don't doubt that there are those who will say America and the West are responsible. One of the terrorists apparently wrote of his desire to kill infidels.

I was in Madrid a few weeks ago and had intended to revisit Barcelona and its busy street, Las Ramblas, where the atrocities occurred. So terror is just a breath away, at least here in Europe.

Is it possible for those who want to kill to be educated if not by impious Westerners by Imams? Are those who want to kill "infidels" already known in their home circles? Obviously the scale of this lunacy will grow and we will hear on our screens the fatuous: "They will not win." But they do.

What can we do to ensure "they will not win"? Should the world convert to Islam, at least nominally?
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 31: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:07 am
Reply
Re: Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Like this post
amortalman wrote:

So I assume that you do not pay local, State, and Federal taxes as that would be supporting the USA and therefore both wrong and sinful.

I reject the ridiculous notion that Americans freely pay our taxes because that too is just another perversion of our so-called "American freedom" which is not free at all.

All taxes are taken and collected, and no one has the option to not pay the taxes.

We could claim that some people break the laws by not paying taxes (by whatever means) but that is a crime, and thereby it is not free to do.

For myself - any taxes that I do pay are taken from me and I have no moral basis to defy or resist any form of tax collection, even though I do denounce the evils which our tax dollars support.

I do believe that high moral religion needs to rise up and overthrow the secular government, and I do expect that to happen some day by the Kingdom of God coming on earth as it is in Heaven.

At that time then there will be unity between all religions, as in being siblings to each other.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 32: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:56 pm
Reply
Re: Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Like this post
[Replying to post 31 by JP Cusick]

You say you "have no moral basis to defy or resist any form of tax collection", yet you claim that these same taxes are both wrong and sinful. No moral basis for you to defy or resist? More likely the reason you pay taxes is to keep from going to jail. Yet, by going to jail for your convictions you might gain a measure of credibility. As it is, you have none.


I see in your responses that you shamelessly indulge in the height of hypocrisy. Do you enjoy any of the many benefits that tax dollars provide? Perhaps you would be better served if you lived in a Muslim nation.

You also obviously enjoy what you label "so-called" American freedom. Go abroad and try bashing the governments of Azerbaijan, Lebanon, Venezuela, Poland, Iran, Russia, North Korea, China, and a host of others and see what happens. But you are right that American freedom isn't free. It has cost the blood of many thousands of brave Americans to give you the freedoms you so callously disdain.

Although paying taxes are required, I and most other proud Americans gladly pay our taxes for the many benefits it brings, both in services to improve citizens quality of life, and in the protection it affords from hostile governments or factions that seek to slaughter innocent men, women, and children.

This nation isn't perfect by a long shot, and maybe we've done some terrible things, but we've also aided many countries and been a beacon of light and hope to the world. So don't go telling me what a horrible country we are.

If the USA is such a terrible country why don't you move to someplace like Iran? Then you could join the Taliban or ISIS and fight against the nation you hate so much. It doesn't bother me nearly as bad to hear the jihadists rave against the evils of my country as much as it does coming from someone who lives within our borders, someone who has obviously enjoyed the benefits this nation FREELY gives.

Finally, you ought to be ashamed to pose in front of the American flag. What Hypocrisy!

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 33: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:50 am
Reply
Re: Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Like this post
amortalman wrote:

If the USA is such a terrible country why don't you move to someplace like Iran?

I have heard this crud many times that people who criticize the USA can just move out and move away, but under scrutiny that does not add up correctly.

Do the bigots and warmongers really have a bigger claim on my Country then those like myself who want the USA to stop doing wrong?

It makes much better sense for me to stay here to help make the USA into a better Country.

If the righteous people moved out of the USA and left our Country to the bigots and the warmongers then that would be some low ugly morality indeed.

The best way that we here could help other Countries as like you named Iran - then we need to repent of our evils here in the USA and beyond - as that would help all other Countries in the entire world by our repentance.

It is like you telling me to leave the Titanic, because my place is to help save the ship or to go down with my ship.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 34: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:07 am
Reply
Re: Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Like this post
JP Cusick wrote:

amortalman wrote:

If the USA is such a terrible country why don't you move to someplace like Iran?

I have heard this crud many times that people who criticize the USA can just move out and move away, but under scrutiny that does not add up correctly.

Do the bigots and warmongers really have a bigger claim on my Country then those like myself who want the USA to stop doing wrong?

It makes much better sense for me to stay here to help make the USA into a better Country.

If the righteous people moved out of the USA and left our Country to the bigots and the warmongers then that would be some low ugly morality indeed.

The best way that we here could help other Countries as like you named Iran - then we need to repent of our evils here in the USA and beyond - as that would help all other Countries in the entire world by our repentance.

It is like you telling me to leave the Titanic, because my place is to help save the ship or to go down with my ship.



I have heard many criticisms of the USA from many people and I happen to agree with some of them. Constructive criticism is both good and needed. But what I hear from you is not constructive at all. You haven't said one word of praise for the country you call home.

You talk about the evils of taxation as if your tax dollars are being taken with no benefits returned. You talk about our military interventions as if we're bloodthirsty..."warmongers" as you put it.

Your view of America is darkly one-sided. Therefore, you might be a better fit in a country that believes the USA is the great Satan, as you obviously believe. Your harsh and unfounded accusations will not make this a better country. All you might accomplish by your misplaced diatribes is a reinforcement of patriotism in Americans and freedom-loving people everywhere, or the incitement of violence against the same. I assure you that if you and your so-called "righteous people" were to leave this country it's morality and standards would not drop one iota. It might even improve.

Exactly who are the "righteous people"? I don't see any kind of movement of "righteous people" to correct your perceived wrongs of a nation of "bigots and warmongers".

Perhaps you, Mr. Cusick, is the one who needs to repent.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 35: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:20 am
Reply
Re: Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Like this post
amortalman wrote:

Exactly who are the "righteous people"? I don't see any kind of movement of "righteous people" to correct your perceived wrongs of a nation of "bigots and warmongers".

I too do not see any kind of realistic movement to correct the wrongs, and that troubles me.

The real problem is that the USA sees itself as the righteous - and it is not.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 36: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:16 pm
Reply
Re: Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Like this post
JP Cusick wrote:

amortalman wrote:

Exactly who are the "righteous people"? I don't see any kind of movement of "righteous people" to correct your perceived wrongs of a nation of "bigots and warmongers".

I too do not see any kind of realistic movement to correct the wrongs, and that troubles me.

The real problem is that the USA sees itself as the righteous - and it is not.


You don't see such a movement because righteous people (those who seek to do right by God and man) don't see this nation as a warmongering society. They enjoy the freedom here to worship or not worship as they please.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 37: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:41 pm
Reply
Re: Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Like this post
amortalman wrote:

JP Cusick wrote:

The real problem is that the USA sees itself as the righteous - and it is not.

You don't see such a movement because righteous people (those who seek to do right by God and man) don't see this nation as a warmongering society. They enjoy the freedom here to worship or not worship as they please.

Luke 18:8b " ... Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: " KJV

When the USA murders people around the world and keeps threatening other Countries then that is despising others, and the USA does this by being self righteous.

It is not a matter of popular opinion nor majority vote as to whether the USA is the warmongering Country - because it is a matter of the facts that we are the one (1) and only warmonger Country of the entire planet earth.

You claim a freedom that people can worship as they please - but when a society as ours is evil then who gives a damn about how freely they worship? Did not violent Rome worship its evil Gods too?

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 38: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:36 pm
Reply
Re: Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Like this post
JP Cusick wrote:

amortalman wrote:

JP Cusick wrote:

The real problem is that the USA sees itself as the righteous - and it is not.

You don't see such a movement because righteous people (those who seek to do right by God and man) don't see this nation as a warmongering society. They enjoy the freedom here to worship or not worship as they please.

Luke 18:8b " ... Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: " KJV

When the USA murders people around the world and keeps threatening other Countries then that is despising others, and the USA does this by being self righteous.

It is not a matter of popular opinion nor majority vote as to whether the USA is the warmongering Country - because it is a matter of the facts that we are the one (1) and only warmonger Country of the entire planet earth.

You claim a freedom that people can worship as they please - but when a society as ours is evil then who gives a damn about how freely they worship? Did not violent Rome worship its evil Gods too?


You can throw Bible verses at me all day and they mean nothing to me. But if people want to worship their God or gods they have that freedom to do so. We also have the freedom to not worship.

It is not a matter of fact that the USA murders people around the world unless you call killing terrorists murder, then yes they murder terriorists and I'm glad of it. You should be, too.

When has the USA attacked a nation without cause? Do you call it evil to side with those in a nation who want a democratic government over a vicious dictator? Do you call it evil to attack a ruler who murders, tortures, and gasses his own people, mothers, children, and infants included? That's what is evil my friend and it would be evil for a nation to stand by and do nothing when it is within their power to try to stop it.

Rome worshipped their gods and persecuted both Christians (prior to Constantine) and the Jews. So no, they did not have freedom of worship. Their allegiance was to Caesar.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 39: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:24 am
Reply
Re: Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Like this post
amortalman wrote:

You can throw Bible verses at me all day and they mean nothing to me. But if people want to worship their God or gods they have that freedom to do so. We also have the freedom to not worship.

You made a reference to God in your comment - so I posted the text of the Bible to show that your view of God was not accurate.

I do not see that as throwing the Bible around - that was just showing the truth against falsehood.

amortalman wrote:

It is not a matter of fact that the USA murders people around the world unless you call killing terrorists murder, then yes they murder terriorists and I'm glad of it. You should be, too.

Calling a person as a terrorist is just name calling.

As such every person (man, woman, and child) is always called a terrorist when the USA murders the people.

So yes I call the killing of so called terrorist as being murder - and it is mass murder.

amortalman wrote:

When has the USA attacked a nation without cause?

Just to name a few = Vietnam, Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Syria, and there are more where the USA attacked without cause or truth or justice.

amortalman wrote:

Do you call it evil to side with those in a nation who want a democratic government over a vicious dictator? Do you call it evil to attack a ruler who murders, tortures, and gasses his own people, mothers, children, and infants included? That's what is evil my friend and it would be evil for a nation to stand by and do nothing when it is within their power to try to stop it.

That is a description of the USA.

It is wrong to support it, and every person has a moral duty to try to stop it.

amortalman wrote:

Rome worshipped their gods and persecuted both Christians (prior to Constantine) and the Jews. So no, they did not have freedom of worship. Their allegiance was to Caesar.

The point was that their Gods-of-war were really no difference then the USA praying to our Gods in support of our warmongering and our crimes against humanity.

The evil is the same even if the name of the God(s) are different.

amortalman wrote:

When has the USA attacked a nation without cause?

How about you answer one (1) question for me:

Why is the USA involved in Syria?

The Syrian people are rebelling against their evil dictator and yet the USA is only at war with the people of Syria.

Of course we call the people as terrorist so is there any truth to why is the USA at war in Syria?

Tell me some truth and justice for an answer - because I see none.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 40: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:20 pm
Reply
Re: Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Like this post
[quote="JP Cusick"]
[quote="amortalman"]

Cusick wrote:
You made a reference to God in your comment - so I posted the text of the Bible to show that your view of God was not accurate.


What view of God do I need to be corrected about? All I said was that 1) people in the USA have the freedom to worship their God or not, and 2) I gave a definition of what it means to be righteous (right standing with both God and man).

Cusick wrote:
I do not see that as throwing the Bible around - that was just showing the truth against falsehood.


OK, it was a gentle toss. So what falsehood does your Bible quote correct?


Cusick wrote:
Calling a person as a terrorist is just name calling.


So what would you call a person who straps a bomb around themselves and detonates it in a bus full of people or a crowded airport?

Cusick wrote:
As such every person (man, woman, and child) is always called a terrorist when the USA murders the people.


Where's your evidence to back up that statement? Innocent people are bound to become victims sometimes in a war zone but that's a far cry from deliberately blowing one's self up along with innocent bystanders don't you think?

Cusick wrote:
So yes I call the killing of so called terrorist as being murder - and it is mass murder.


They're not "so-called" as you say. They ARE terrorists.

amortalman wrote:

When has the USA attacked a nation without cause?

Cusick wrote:
Just to name a few = Vietnam, Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Syria, and there are more where the USA attacked without cause or truth or justice.

None of the above were attacked without just cause.

amortalman wrote:

Do you call it evil to side with those in a nation who want a democratic government over a vicious dictator? Do you call it evil to attack a ruler who murders, tortures, and gasses his own people, mothers, children, and infants included? That's what is evil my friend and it would be evil for a nation to stand by and do nothing when it is within their power to try to stop it.

Cusick wrote:
That is a description of the USA.


What is? Are you saying that the USA murders, tortures, and gasses her own people?! But if you're saying that that is what the USA does to other countries you're deceived again. You're much more disturbed than I thought. What have you been reading? Jihadist propaganda?

Cusick wrote:
How about you answer one (1) question for me:

Why is the USA involved in Syria?


I don't know why I should bother. You haven't responded to half of my points from previous posts.
But I will answer your question. I'm no expert on the complicated mess in Syria and I have mixed feelings about our involvement there. But I understand that under the Obama administration the USA and allied countries originally wanted to fight the Assad regime who was terrorizing his own people. We thought better of going to war against Assad for several reasons. When Syrian rebels gained strength against the Syrian government other factions became involved and ISIS and ISIL formed creating more havoc. So the USA concentrated on defeating ISIS, a barbaric and brutal group who behead and burn people alive. The attack by Trump on a Syrian airbase was a one-out in response to Assad's use of Sarin gas on his own people.

Cusick wrote:
The Syrian people are rebelling against their evil dictator and yet the USA is only at war with the people of Syria.


That's outlandish! I haven't heard anyone but you claim that the USA is at war with the Syrian people.

Cusick wrote:
Tell me some truth and justice for an answer - because I see none.


You see none because you've closed your eyes to it.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Display posts from previous:   

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

 




On The Web | Ecodia | Facebook | Twitter

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.   Produced by Ecodia.

Igloo   |  Lo-Fi Version