Moderator: Moderators

Danmark
Site Supporter

What is God?

Post #1

Post by Danmark »

What is God?
Is God not beyond definition?
Why do we argue about the existence of that which is beyond definition?

William
Savant

Re: What is God?

Post #111

Post by William »

[Replying to post 110 by paarsurrey1]
I understand that the positive verities found in the Universe are attributes of One-True-God.
This is where we differ slightly in understanding. All consciousness, even the negative types, are part of the overall aspects of First Source Consciousness.
Separating GOD from negative aspects of consciousness is unfruitful and most often leads to disunity.

In relation to consciousness within this universe, yes - the positive manifestations of goodness are reflective of the attributes of FSC (One-True-God) and the negative manifestations can be linked to individuate consciousnesses in form which misunderstand this concept by manifesting negative action in the name of any ideas of GOD, or for that matter even in the name of ideas which are founded on the principles of materialism where no GODs are recognized as applicable.

♦ The Dangers of Separating Human Consciousness From Any Idea of GODImage

♦ Separating any idea of GOD from All other Consciousness. Image

dio9
Under Probation

Post #112

Post by dio9 »

[Replying to post 108 by Clownboat]

without faith would Thomas Edison have invented the light bulb? No he believed such a thing was possible.

marco
Savant

Post #113

Post by marco »

dio9 wrote: [Replying to post 108 by Clownboat]

without faith would Thomas Edison have invented the light bulb? No he believed such a thing was possible.
But the important ingredient was intelligence. Had Micky Mouse believed he could create a nuclear cat deterrent I doubt if his faith would have made much difference. Self-belief, confidence, faith in one's abilities - they matter. Belief in Zeus doesn't help much.

Willum
Savant

Post #114

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 113 by marco]

I am not sure what you mean... Before Christians murdered everyone who didn't believe in the Christian god, the entire civilized world worshiped Zeus.

Faith in Zeus must have mattered for something in those milenia... since Zeus is Zeus-Amon, Amon-Ra, and so, Ra, that is something like a 10,000 year pedigree of faith in Zeus...

marco
Savant

Post #115

Post by marco »

Willum wrote: [Replying to post 113 by marco]

I am not sure what you mean... Before Christians murdered everyone who didn't believe in the Christian god, the entire civilized world worshiped Zeus.

Faith in Zeus must have mattered for something in those milenia... since Zeus is Zeus-Amon, Amon-Ra, and so, Ra, that is something like a 10,000 year pedigree of faith in Zeus...

It perhaps helped people to get to sleep, or convinced them that granddad was in good hands if a bull was slaughtered. That's OK. We were talking about pushing the world inventively forwards, and I was saying that intelligence does that, not superstition. I have a feeling you agree.

dio9
Under Probation

Post #116

Post by dio9 »

[Replying to post 115 by marco]

God is present in a particular state of mind heart and will called faith, and faith translates into action . Faith isn't about Mickey Mouse fantasies. Faith is about real people living in a real world pursuing real happiness.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #117

Post by paarsurrey1 »

William wrote: [Replying to post 110 by paarsurrey1]
I understand that the positive verities found in the Universe are attributes of One-True-God.
This is where we differ slightly in understanding. All consciousness, even the negative types, are part of the overall aspects of First Source Consciousness.
Separating GOD from negative aspects of consciousness is unfruitful and most often leads to disunity.

In relation to consciousness within this universe, yes - the positive manifestations of goodness are reflective of the attributes of FSC (One-True-God) and the negative manifestations can be linked to individuate consciousnesses in form which misunderstand this concept by manifesting negative action in the name of any ideas of GOD, or for that matter even in the name of ideas which are founded on the principles of materialism where no GODs are recognized as applicable.

♦ The Dangers of Separating Human Consciousness From Any Idea of GODImage

♦ Separating any idea of GOD from All other Consciousness. Image
I don't agree with one.
Please clarify, is one's response based on Science or on Revelation from God?
If not, then it is just a conjecture, please.
Regards

marco
Savant

Post #118

Post by marco »

dio9 wrote: [Replying to post 115 by marco]

God is present in a particular state of mind heart and will called faith, and faith translates into action . Faith isn't about Mickey Mouse fantasies. Faith is about real people living in a real world pursuing real happiness.

That is all very well but real people pursuing real happiness or experiencing real misery do not find that God offers tangible contributions. I know that many attribute their joys to God and forget any sorrows. That is selective faith.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #119

Post by Clownboat »

dio9 wrote: [Replying to post 108 by Clownboat]

Yes, Edison created the light bulb without faith.
"What made him ultimately successful was that he was not a lone inventor, a lone genius, but rather the assembler of the first research and development team at Menlo Park, N.J."
https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles ... light-bulb

From post 108:
When you said:
"without faith there would be no civilized political or scientific advancement."
Were you going to start presenting actual arguments here on this debate forum?
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #120

Post by paarsurrey1 »

dio9 wrote: [Replying to post 94 by Monta]

without faith there would be no civilized political or scientific advancement.
without faith there would be no civilized political or scientific advancement
I agree with it as all the steps of the scientific method involve faith into them. Right, please?
Regards