Are there eulogizers of science out of blind-faith?

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

All those people who have not performed all the experiments of Sciences themselves yet they believe in Science doing things science does not claim to be concerned with. They believe in Science out of blind-faith. Right, please?
Regards

paarsurrey1
Sage

Re: Are there eulogizers of science out of blind-faith?

Post #11

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Kenisaw wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: [Replying to post 8 by benchwarmer]
Maybe it*'s just working within what was already there?
*Gravity

If I correctly understood one then one means gravity may be working within what was already there.

Please tell us as to what one means from "was already there"? Is it a Being with consciousness or something inanimate with no consciousness at all. Since we are discussing Science, so please don't forget to support one's viewpoint with quotes from:

1.A text book of science
or
2.From an article reviewed by the peers of science and published in a reputed journal of science
and
3.Also please tell us as to which discipline of science is it related to.

Thanks and regards
From post #7 by paarsurrey: "Why not, then, believe in the Being who created it, please?"

Before asking people to support stuff they haven't yet written, perhaps you should lead by example and support stuff you have already written...
I will go by the observation "claims" and "reason thereof":

1.We can see, which persons/beings have claimed to be god/s and
2.What reasons/arguments did they give?
3.To whom did they Converse?

This way we can proceed. Right, please?
Regards

marco
Savant

Post #12

Post by marco »

paarsurrey1 wrote:

You won't proceed far if you start with the conclusion that Allah made everything. Allah arose in the 7th century, which makes him a younger god than Yahweh or Zeus. There are no arguments involved; only blind faith. Why believe somebody who says he spoke to an angel? Can others speak to the same angel to check details?

Monta
Guru

Post #13

Post by Monta »

Kenisaw wrote:
*Gravity

If I correctly understood one then one means gravity may be working within what was already there.

Please tell us as to what one means from "was already there"? Is it a Being with consciousness or something inanimate with no consciousness at all. Since we are discussing Science, so please don't forget to support one's viewpoint with quotes from:

1.A text book of science
or
2.From an article reviewed by the peers of science and published in a reputed journal of science
and

Thanks and regards
From post #7 by paarsurrey: "Why not, then, believe in the Being who created it, please?"

Before asking people to support stuff they haven't yet written, perhaps you should lead by example and support stuff you have already written...
What a copout!

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #14

Post by DanieltheDragon »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
DanieltheDragon wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: Are there eulogizers of science out of blind-faith?
All those people who have not performed all the experiments of Sciences themselves yet they believe in Science doing things science does not claim to be concerned with. They believe in Science out of blind-faith. Right, please?
Regards
A pen will drop to the ground whether one believes in gravity or not. The scientists did not create gravity, they just discovered it. Why not, then, believe in the Being who created it, please?
Regards

My point illustrated why it is not blind faith that people believe in science. Rather scientific inquiry lines up with what we observe. It essentially represents the best possible explanation.

Hence, why I don't currently subscribe to a creator figure as it does not line up with what I observe. Rather the idea runs contrary.

If you could kindly provide a valid hypothesis substantiating a creator i would be willing to consider it.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

otseng
Savant

Post #15

Post by otseng »

Monta wrote: What a copout!
Moderator Comment

Reminder than one-liners are against the rules.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #16

Post by paarsurrey1 »

DanieltheDragon wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote:
DanieltheDragon wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: Are there eulogizers of science out of blind-faith?
Regards
A pen will drop to the ground whether one believes in gravity or not. The scientists did not create gravity, they just discovered it. Why not, then, believe in the Being who created it, please?
Regards

My point illustrated why it is not blind faith that people believe in science. Rather scientific inquiry lines up with what we observe. It essentially represents the best possible explanation.

Hence, why I don't currently subscribe to a creator figure as it does not line up with what I observe. Rather the idea runs contrary.

If you could kindly provide a valid hypothesis substantiating a creator i would be willing to consider it.
The Evident never needed any hypothesis/supposition. Does it, please?
Regards

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #17

Post by paarsurrey1 »

marco wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote:

You won't proceed far if you start with the conclusion that Allah made everything. Allah arose in the 7th century, which makes him a younger god than Yahweh or Zeus. There are no arguments involved; only blind faith. Why believe somebody who says he spoke to an angel? Can others speak to the same angel to check details?
Allah arose in the 7th century
Please prove from the etymology of the word "Allah" to support one's point of view. Will one, please?
Regards

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #18

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Kenisaw wrote:
*Gravity

1.A text book of science
or
and

Thanks and regards

I was commenting on the expression "what was already there". One who believes in science only with evidence, it is not reasonable for such a person to believe that "something already existed" without evidence. Right, please?
Regards

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #19

Post by DanieltheDragon »

[Replying to post 16 by paarsurrey1]

This is the science and religion sub forum. In the sticky posting the rules for debate one is required to substantiate claims. Perhaps, random ramblings, apologetics , or faith,doctine & dogma would be a better fit for someone who does not wish to support said claims.

That being said I would be willing to consider why I should believe in your proposed creator given you could substantiate the idea.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

marco
Savant

Post #20

Post by marco »

paarsurrey1 wrote:

Please prove from the etymology of the word "Allah" to support one's point of view.
That wouldn't help us much. Gods have been around in myth for millennia. Allah, in English, refers to the Islamic God who was called into existence in the 7th century by Muhammad. He declared he had no relatives and certainly no son. So he differs from the existing Christian version. He is a young god. We can contend that he's Jesus or Yahweh or Zeus or whichever other god suits. If we are monotheistic, then people will simply regard Allah as somebody's God. As I say, in English he's associated with Islam.

I am aware of the derivation of the name.