Will Trump bomb North Korea?

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

WinePusher
Scholar

Will Trump bomb North Korea?

Post #1

Post by WinePusher »

A part of me wants Trump to drop a couple MOABs on North Korea and effectively stamp out Kim Jung Un, a modern day miniature Hitler. But the aftermath scares me. Trump has already shown that he's not afraid to use military force, and I bet one of these days he is going to strike North Korea.

Do you think he should bomb North Korea?

Wootah
Savant

Re: Will Trump bomb North Korea?

Post #2

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 1 by WinePusher]

America won't let nth Korea get nukes and it's now or never.

Yes I predict nth Korean govt will be gone in a year.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Neatras
Guru

Post #3

Post by Neatras »

I'd prefer he didn't. I don't want all those people to suffer and die just because our political leaders didn't want to lose in a game of chicken. If we blink first, that's a destructive act that will deprive so many of the chance to live. If they blink first, we pay the price. I want cooler heads to prevail, and I want North Korean governments to enter periods of reforms to better suit its people.

I don't believe North Korea will be bombed unless there is a political scandal the likes of which kicked off World War I with Ferdinand's assassination.

Wootah
Savant

Post #4

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 3 by Neatras]

Basically I agree but I wonder how many die because of lack of action?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #5

Post by JP Cusick »

WinePusher wrote: A part of me wants Trump to drop a couple MOABs on North Korea and effectively stamp out Kim Jung Un, ...

Do you think he should bomb North Korea?
Since the USA is in the wrong then I would hope that the USA or President Trump would finally make peace with NK.

I would also expect that China will defend NK with every effort needed, and Russia will support China, so Trump had better be careful instead of getting us all killed.

Let us not forget the Korean war where the USA invaded the peninsula, and in 1953 there was a peace treaty (or armistice), which the USA broke in 1956 by putting nuclear weapons into south Korea. LINK

So if we the USA were to attack Korea again then we would be in the wrong again.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

AdHoc
Guru

Post #6

Post by AdHoc »

I would really like to see some diplomacy that doesn't involve bombing or invading other countries.

I was on board with Afghanistan and (to my shame) Iraq but now I'm just seeing this extremely disturbing pattern of bombing and crushing every country we have a problem with. I think in the case of Iraq I was fooled by the government and the media and I see that happening again with Syria, Russia and North Korea.

I thought terrorism was our geopolitical enemy when did Syria and Russia become our enemies?

We definitely do not want war with Russia or China.

And we shouldn't want war with Afghanistan, Iraq, Libyia, Somalia or Syria either. Even though in those cases we've been able to watch the bombs on TV and hear CNN gush about how beautiful it looks.

I imagine its a different experience in person.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by McCulloch »

Neatras wrote:I don't believe North Korea will be bombed unless there is a political scandal the likes of which kicked off World War I with Ferdinand's assassination.
I might have compared it with the Reichstag fire, but yes.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

amortalman
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by amortalman »

[Replying to post 1 by WinePusher]

I hope that the sanctions against NK will knock some sense into that pee-wee dictator's head. But I don't see him giving up his toys.

The best outcome, I believe, is for a successful coup to happen by pro-democratic forces. But I'm dreaming.

As long as western allies believe that NK is capable of striking SK or Japan with a nuclear weapon I don't think Trump will initiate a strike. But if Rocket Man missteps and accidentally drops a rocket on Japan or Guam then all hell breaks loose.

Trump himself has said that if we are forced to defend ourselves or our allies against NK then NK will be destroyed. I think he meant it. But his words indicate that he isn't willing to initiate a strike unprovoked.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #9

Post by JP Cusick »

amortalman wrote: Trump himself has said that if we are forced to defend ourselves or our allies against NK then NK will be destroyed. I think he meant it. But his words indicate that he isn't willing to initiate a strike unprovoked.
If Trump does as he threatens to completely destroy Korea then that would be a war crime - but fortunately for him because the USA does not prosecute our own war criminals.

Officially named "the Democratic People's Republic of Korea" is playing the game exactly right by taunting the evil empire into stupid actions and into dishonorable claims, and rightly so.

See the history in my comment #5 of this thread.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian: