Satan asks God for forgiveness, now what?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Willum
Savant

Satan asks God for forgiveness, now what?

Post #1

Post by Willum »

So we have moved beyond rationalizations that Satan can't do that, he has free-will, and is supposedly smarter than you.

So Satan asks God for forgiveness.
What happens?

Does all that prophesy go away?
Are those people in Hell forgiven?
Would Satan be forgiven?

So many questions.

bluethread
Savant

Re: Satan asks God for forgiveness, now what?

Post #2

Post by bluethread »

Willum wrote: So we have moved beyond rationalizations that Satan can't do that, he has free-will, and is supposedly smarter than you.

What happens?

Would Satan be forgiven?

So many questions.
The Scriptures do not provide sufficient information to properly analyze the relationship between Adonai and HaSatan. Various doctrines speculate on that, but that is just speculation. I would think that if HaSatan were to acknowledge subservience to Adonai, there would then need to be a change in behavior, and restitution would have to be made for the damage done. That latter is what Yom Kipper, which we just recently observed, is all about. The sins of Adonai's people are brought before Adonai and then placed on Azazel, and Azazel is driven out of the presence of Adonai's people. That much is necessary whether there is repentance or not, do to the nature of judgement and repentence. Now, the rest of what is revealed to Yochannan might not occur, just as Nineveh was not destroyed immediately after they repented. However, it must be noted that Nineveh was eventually destroyed some time later.

Hawkins
Scholar

Post #3

Post by Hawkins »

Willum wrote: So we have moved beyond rationalizations that Satan can't do that, he has free-will, and is supposedly smarter than you.

What happens?

Would Satan be forgiven?

So many questions.
Unlike humans, angels are not subject to any covenant by the blood of Jesus. It means that once an angel breaks the law, then he's done.

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #4

Post by rikuoamero »

Hawkins wrote:

What happens?

Would Satan be forgiven?

So many questions.
Unlike humans, angels are not subject to any covenant by the blood of Jesus. It means that once an angel breaks the law, then he's done.
1) Why did God set it as such?
2) Why can't God have Jesus's blood sacrifice cover Satan?
3) If God did number 2, would you disagree with him, say he can't or shouldn't do it?
4) Does this mean the ONLY way for God to forgive literally anything is if that thing is a human and Jesus's blood was shed for it? God can't forgive anything else for anything else unless those two conditions are met?
5) Don't you find what you said strange, almost as though it makes God out to be an unforgiving idiot?

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by ttruscott »

Hawkins wrote:Unlike humans, angels are not subject to any covenant by the blood of Jesus. It means that once an angel breaks the law, then he's done.
Yes...those not under the promise of salvation from their sins are without hope since they are condemned already.

This OP continues the vain hope that some phrasing of Satans fate can change his fate. Satan cannot change his fate as HE DOES NOT HAVE A FREE WILL since his will is enslaved to the addictive qualities of evil and he can't cure himself.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #6

Post by rikuoamero »

ttruscott wrote:
Hawkins wrote:Unlike humans, angels are not subject to any covenant by the blood of Jesus. It means that once an angel breaks the law, then he's done.
Yes...those not under the promise of salvation from their sins are without hope since they are condemned already.

This OP continues the vain hope that some phrasing of Satans fate can change his fate. Satan cannot change his fate as HE DOES NOT HAVE A FREE WILL since his will is enslaved to the addictive qualities of evil and he can't cure himself.
That's cute and all ted, but out here in the real world, people can and do break addictions all the time with their free will. There are people who are able to quit smoking for example, or stop taking drugs.
In fact, what does it say about how you view the world that for some reason, once someone becomes an addict, they somehow lose free will?

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

Willum
Savant

Post #7

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 3 by Hawkins]
'mazing how Christians can neither read the OP, or the Bible.
Angels had children with mortals, they were called Nephilim, so we have the same blood.
When God seduced Mary, they had a child, so too is our blood the same.

[Replying to post 5 by ttruscott]
This OP continues the vain hope that some phrasing of Satans fate can change his fate.
Are you kidding me!
If Satan turns traitor, it will be both him and God against the wall!

Of course he has free will, if he didn't he wouldn't be evil, he'd be an automaton. If you insist he is intelligent, that means he can make choices.

So let's try this again, Satan asks God for forgiveness, now what?

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by ttruscott »

Willum wrote:Of course he has free will, if he didn't he wouldn't be evil, he'd be an automaton.
And to repeat myself, he had free will until he chose to rebel against YHWH at which time he became enslaved to the addictive quality of evil desires (as he was warned would happen) and his free will became corrupted, clouded and controlled by sin.

No free will doesn't mean you can't choose but only that your choices are constrained to only one side of things and the other options are unable to be chosen. You choose but you always choose badly... The other angels are holy by their free will - they have never chosen to be evil in YHWH's eyes.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

otseng
Savant

Post #9

Post by otseng »

Willum wrote:
'mazing how Christians can neither read the OP, or the Bible.
Moderator Comment

Please do not make negative blanket statements.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Savant

Post #10

Post by 1213 »

Willum wrote: So Satan asks God for forgiveness.
What happens?
I don’t know what would happen. Bible promises are for humans and by what I know, Satan is not human. But even if Bible promises could be applied to Satan, there is still the point that eternal life is for righteous. Forgiveness is not useful, if person continues in sin. Now that you seem to be representing Satan here, do you know would Satan repent and become faithful/loyal to God and reject sin and his attempts to destroy all good?

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 6:23

If person continues sin, after the forgiveness, the forgiveness in not useful. Jesus taught that people should repent and become righteous.