Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Jagella
Banned
Banned

Top Ten Reasons Democrats Want to Oust Trump from Office

Post #1

Post by Jagella »

Top Ten Reasons to Democrats Want to Oust Trump from Office, In Reverse-Ascending Order:

10) He's wealthy and cannot identify with middle-class Americans. Let's get Hillary in there!
9) He's a billionaire; can't he afford a decent haircut?
8) He's a billionaire; can't he afford a decent wife? What a skank she is!
7) He hates women.
6) He's a racist. We can assure you from the safety and security of the lily-white neighborhoods we live in that this is so.
5) We don't like his complexion.
4) The freak has those tiny, deformed little hands!
3) He made fun of a handicapped man.
2) The pervert was caught on tape saying he wanted to have sex with a beautiful woman. We would never talk like that.
And the #1 reason Democrats want Trump out of office...
1) Last November proved that American democracy cannot be depended on to get our own candidate into office!

Neatras
Guru

Post #2

Post by Neatras »

Taking this list of strawmen seriously might accidentally convince you your position is worth anyone's time. I recommend everyone leave this thread as a testament to how pointless it is engaging in low-quality discussions such as these.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #3

Post by Divine Insight »

My top ten reasons for wanting to see Trump out of Office:

10). I disagree with his polices.
9). I disagree with his polices.
8). I disagree with his polices.
7). I disagree with his polices.
6). I disagree with his polices.
5). I disagree with his polices.
4). I disagree with his polices.
3). I disagree with his polices.
2). I disagree with his polices.
1). I disagree with his polices.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Jagella
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Jagella »

[Replying to post 2 by Neatras]

I'm no Republican, but there is so much hypocrisy on the part of the Democrats.

Jagella
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Jagella »

Divine Insight wrote: My top ten reasons for wanting to see Trump out of Office:

10). I disagree with his polices.
9). I disagree with his polices.
8). I disagree with his polices.
7). I disagree with his polices.
6). I disagree with his polices.
5). I disagree with his polices.
4). I disagree with his polices.
3). I disagree with his polices.
2). I disagree with his polices.
1). I disagree with his polices.
In particular, I disagree with his proposed health-care cuts to women and the disabled. Also, I disagree with his insisting that athletes be forced to worship the flag. That said, the Democrats can be very hypocritical and are not much better than Trump.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #6

Post by Divine Insight »

Jagella wrote: In particular, I disagree with his proposed health-care cuts to women and the disabled. Also, I disagree with his insisting that athletes be forced to worship the flag. That said, the Democrats can be very hypocritical and are not much better than Trump.
I'm not standing up for the Democrats in general. I'm actually an independent myself.

However, I do like the Democrat's polices far better than Trumps, or the Republicans in general. I was actually quite happy with the progress made during Obama's 8 year term. And I am totally dissatisfied with Trump's hateful actions at trying to undo everything Obama did just because Trump hates Obama. That's hardly good for the USA.

I will agree that Obama dropped the ball by not addressing the displaced coal miners, steel workers and autoworkers during his 8 year term. That was his grave mistake. Had he addressed that problem we wouldn't have Trump as president today. So Obama was far from perfect to be sure. But he was still far better than Trump. In fact Trump is a horrible president in general. And I wouldn't even necessarily blame that on the Republicans. I don't care much for Republican polices, but Trump is hardly a Republican anyway. Trump played the Republicans for fools, and he even threatened during his campaign that he didn't need the Republicans and would run as an independent if they didn't support him. So Trump doesn't care about Republicans in any case.
[center]Image
[/center]

Jagella
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by Jagella »

[Replying to post 6 by Divine Insight]
However, I do like the Democrat's polices far better than Trumps, or the Republicans in general.
Oh sure, the Democrats talk a good talk, but where do they walk the good walk? They say what they do to get elected. Once in office, however, they realize it's safe to act like Republicans.
And I am totally dissatisfied with Trump's hateful actions at trying to undo everything Obama did just because Trump hates Obama. That's hardly good for the USA.
Hate? You don't see hate on the part of the left against Trump? Oh no--all the Democrats do is threaten to blow up the white house and decapitate Trump.
I will agree that Obama dropped the ball by not addressing the displaced coal miners, steel workers and autoworkers during his 8 year term.
Neither did he enforce the Americans With Disabilities Act like he very clearly promised. I voted for him in 2008 believing he would help improve access for those who used wheelchairs in public. I was conned. Obama never did anything to enforce the ADA that I know of.
Had he addressed that problem we wouldn't have Trump as president today.
As I see it,Trump won the election not because of Obama but because of that "gorilla in the room." You know--that gorilla named "Hillary"? Do you really want a president who struck a secret-service man in the head with a Bible? Trump might be evil, but he's the lesser of two evils.
...Trump is a horrible president in general.
I can only speak for myself, but I'm no worse off under Trump than under Obama. My problems are going to be problems no matter who is president. It never did make much difference for me under any president.

In any case, I just want Democrats to be seen for what they are. Liars are still liars no matter how fond you are of their lies.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #8

Post by Divine Insight »

Jagella wrote: [Replying to post 6 by Divine Insight]
However, I do like the Democrat's polices far better than Trumps, or the Republicans in general.
Oh sure, the Democrats talk a good talk, but where do they walk the good walk? They say what they do to get elected. Once in office, however, they realize it's safe to act like Republicans.
The only area they failed to walk the good walk was to do something for the unemployed middle class. I'll grant that this was a major mistake. They most likely just assumed that these displaced workers would eventually find work in other fields. But that was an extremely bad assumption.

However, in all other areas they most certainly did walk the good walk. They fought for the Affordable Care Act (precisely what Trump and the Republicans want to destroy. So they made affordable health care available for those displaced workers. So it wasn't like they weren't doing anything at all. They also make great strides in civil rights. Obama was addressing Climate Change and had joined the Paris climate accord. Something that Trump has already pulled out of even though many governors of many states are sticking with it. Obama was also addressing racism in police department. Something that Trump and Sessions have already reversed. Let's not forget also the progress made for gay rights.

All of these are being destroyed by the Trump Administration. So it's not like the Democrats weren't doing anything.
Jagella wrote:
And I am totally dissatisfied with Trump's hateful actions at trying to undo everything Obama did just because Trump hates Obama. That's hardly good for the USA.
Hate? You don't see hate on the part of the left against Trump? Oh no--all the Democrats do is threaten to blow up the white house and decapitate Trump.
I'm talking about Trump's personal hatred toward Obama. Trump doesn't care about the USA, all Trump wants to do is destroy anything that Obama did. Never mind whether it was good or not. Trump just want to hate Obama.

And no I see hatred on the part of the left against Trump. What they hate is his extremely ignorance and destructive polices. They want Trump out of the White House, not because they hate Trump, but because he's destroying America.
Jagella wrote:
I will agree that Obama dropped the ball by not addressing the displaced coal miners, steel workers and autoworkers during his 8 year term.
Neither did he enforce the Americans With Disabilities Act like he very clearly promised. I voted for him in 2008 believing he would help improve access for those who used wheelchairs in public. I was conned. Obama never did anything to enforce the ADA that I know of.
I'm not going to apologize for the failings of Obama. I'll be the first to agree that he was far from perfect and there are many things he could have, and should have done that he didn't.

But at least Obama wasn't just doing hateful things because he hated George W. Bush. And he also didn't make a laughing stock out of American in front of the entire world. In fact, Obama represented America with style, grace, and intelligence. Can't say the same for Trump to be sure.
Jagella wrote:
Had he addressed that problem we wouldn't have Trump as president today.
As I see it,Trump won the election not because of Obama but because of that "gorilla in the room." You know--that gorilla named "Hillary"? Do you really want a president who struck a secret-service man in the head with a Bible? Trump might be evil, but he's the lesser of two evils.
Robert Redford told the absolute truth about why Trump won the election. No sane intelligent person thought that Trump could win. Polls had Hillary the clear winner. So votes simply didn't feel that getting out to vote was all that important. And so Trump won despite what the polls said.

Also, keep in mind that Trump lied to the coal miners, steelworkers, and autoworkers. He promises that he would bring those industries back and return their old jobs. That is NEVER going to happen.

Even if Trump succeeds in getting some coal mines, steel mills, and auto manufactures to open in America they simply aren't going to need high-paid low-skilled workers anymore. They have robotics to do that work now. So Trump won those voters by lying to them and sadly those voters were gullible enough to fall for those lies.

Hillary actually had a plan for these displaced workers. Unfortunately she was terrible at making that well-known. She was a horrible candidate to be sure. Especially considering that she was a Clinton. Wife to the previous "Monaca Lewinski" President.

I can certainly understand why no one wanted the Clintons back in the White house. I think that running Hillary Clinton was the biggest mistake the Demoncrats made. She didn't lose on policy. She lost on personality, and because of Bill Clinton's shameful conduct with Monica, etc.

I personally wasn't a "Hillary Supporter", although I would have voted for her over Trump. If for no other reason that she would have appointed far better people to head all the various departments. She would have brought in intelligent sane people. Trump filled those positions with swamp monsters. He made a swamp where there was none before.
Jagella wrote:
...Trump is a horrible president in general.
I can only speak for myself, but I'm no worse off under Trump than under Obama. My problems are going to be problems no matter who is president. It never did make much difference for me under any president.
Same here. On a personal level, thus far, it hasn't made any difference to my personal life at all. Other than the fact that I'm now totally embarrassed and ashamed of how he behaves as our president.
Jagella wrote: In any case, I just want Democrats to be seen for what they are. Liars are still liars no matter how fond you are of their lies.
Get over it. The Republicans are no better. In fact, the Republicans are trying to take affordable health care from everyone all the while they claim they would be introducing a better health care system. That's a pretty serious lie right there. Fortunately no one is falling for it. Not even the Republicans themselves.
[center]Image
[/center]

Jagella
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by Jagella »

[Replying to post 8 by Divine Insight]
Same here. On a personal level, thus far, it hasn't made any difference to my personal life at all.
Then we agree that Trump has not adversely us anybody worse than Obama did. I'm not here as an apologist for Trump, though. In the OP I made my point that the Democrats are hypocritical and mislead people. If they were really what they claim to be, then America would be a very different place. They want your vote. That's why they tell you what they do. It's only common sense that no group of people is intrinsically better than another group. You only have good guys and bad guys in the movies, not in American political parties.
Other than the fact that I'm now totally embarrassed and ashamed of how he behaves as our president.
Trump does have terrible diplomatic skills. He also fails to inspire most Americans. I disagree with his lack of support for science. That said, I'm not sure what's so bad about him. Trump is a product of the American political system. If he's a monster, then he's a monster we created. He reflects what we are as a nation. If you think he's racist, then that's because we're a racist country. If he's sexist, then that's a result of the status of women in America. Maybe you're right about his shaming us. What we see in him reminds us of our own attitudes, and we hate to be so reminded.
Get over it.
Uh, no. I hate to be lied to. The Democrats failed me because I was naive enough to believe what they told me. I won't be fooled again.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #10

Post by Divine Insight »

Jagella wrote: [Replying to post 8 by Divine Insight]
Same here. On a personal level, thus far, it hasn't made any difference to my personal life at all.
Then we agree that Trump has not adversely us anybody worse than Obama did. I'm not here as an apologist for Trump, though. In the OP I made my point that the Democrats are hypocritical and mislead people. If they were really what they claim to be, then America would be a very different place. They want your vote. That's why they tell you what they do. It's only common sense that no group of people is intrinsically better than another group. You only have good guys and bad guys in the movies, not in American political parties.
I don't need to be an apologist for the democrats in order to recognize that Trump is a dangerous narcissist who doesn't care about Americans. It's clear to me that Trump is going out of his way to try to undo everything that Obama did simply because he hates Obama. And this has nothing to do with politics or policies. Trump hates Obama on a personal level obviously.

I was personally happy with where the democrats (or at least Obama) were taking our country into the future. Was it "perfect". Absolutely not. But they were certainly on the right track in terms of civil rights and humanity. They could have done far better in terms of the economy, but Trump has done anything on that front in any case. Plus, I wouldn't be impressed even if Trump make the economy great. At what cost? Even if Trump should succeed to temporarily give American economy a boost, what will it cost? Isolation from global markets? How long to you think that will last? And increased pollution and health hazards by having lifted EPA restrictions on corporations?

So even if Trump should manage to increase the economy of the USA I would not be impressed. It would only be an unstable temporary shot in the arm that can only lead to disaster anyway. So if that's the measure of his presidency it's not going to be a good legacy over time. Plus, he hasn't even come close to improving the economy anyway. So we can't even give him the economic success yet. But he's been an utter disaster in foreign affairs, as well as domestic civil rights and the ecology of the planet.

He's now working on given religious bigots the freedom to use religion and moral conscious as an excuse to discriminate against anyone they don't agree with. That is absolutely not good. This is moving backward for sure in terms of civility and human dignity.

Jagella wrote:
Other than the fact that I'm now totally embarrassed and ashamed of how he behaves as our president.
Trump does have terrible diplomatic skills. He also fails to inspire most Americans. I disagree with his lack of support for science. That said, I'm not sure what's so bad about him. Trump is a product of the American political system. If he's a monster, then he's a monster we created. He reflects what we are as a nation. If you think he's racist, then that's because we're a racist country. If he's sexist, then that's a result of the status of women in America. Maybe you're right about his shaming us. What we see in him reminds us of our own attitudes, and we hate to be so reminded.
To begin with it appears that only 33% of the nation is behind him. Let's not forget that Hillary won the popular vote by quite a margin.

But I do agree with you that the 33% who are tenaciously backing him aren't any better than he is. I won't argue with that.

I agree with Robert Redford. Trump didn't win because Americans favored him. Trump won because the polls had Hillary the certain victor and so people were thinking she would win. No urgency to rush out and vote for her. Even so she still won the popular vote by a large margin. Trump squeaked out a very small victory through the electoral college. He claims it was a big electoral college victory because he won so many blue states. However, he won all of those states by an extremely small margin.

So I'm not convinced that Trump represents who Americans want. He has only has an approval rating in the 30% range. The lowest of any president in modern history.

Keep in mind also, that during the election it was well recognize that both Trump and Hillary were recognized to be the two most disliked candidates in US history.

Don't you find it strange that after Trump won suddenly the Trump supporters started claiming that Trump is "God's Gift to the World"? Just because he happened to win doesn't automatically make him a desirable president.
Jagella wrote:
Get over it.
Uh, no. I hate to be lied to. The Democrats failed me because I was naive enough to believe what they told me. I won't be fooled again.
What exactly do you feel that the Democrats failed at?

Keep in mind that Obama wanted to far more than the Republicans would allow him to do. The Republicans were the majority in congress when Obama was president, so you can't blame everything on the Democrats during Obama's term.

Obama wanted to do a major infrastructure on the USA too. But the Republicans wouldn't let him do it. So Obama was trying to increase jobs and the economy but the Republicans wouldn't allow it.

So you can't blame the Democrats for everything that happened during Obama's term.

Obama's terms did not equal total freedom for the Democrats do just do anything they want.

Same is true for Trump. By the way Trump isn't even really a Republican. He used to support the Democrats and during the election he threatened to run as an independent proclaiming that he doesn't even need the Republicans. He's been playing the republicans for fools ever since he got in office.

So Trump doesn't even truly represent a "Republican" presidency. He's just an independent narcissistic jerk who will gladly use anyone he can manipulate to get what he wants.

And apparently what he wants to do is divide Americans, support bigotry and hatred through the guise of freedom. Close the USA off from the rest of the world. Open up pollution rights to major cooperation, and free them from having to pay taxes.

He's all about worshiping Mammon and supporting civil unrest and bigotry in the name of religion.

If were a Christian I would be certain that Donald Trump is the anti-Christ. No one could be behaving more like a puppet of Satan than how Trump behaves on a daily basis. Everything Trump does is aimed at worshiping mammon and degrading his brothers and sisters of their humanity.

This isn't about Republicans versus Democrats at all. Trump is playing the Republicans for fools.
[center]Image
[/center]