Did Jehovah forsake Jesus to die on the Cross?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Did Jehovah forsake Jesus to die on the Cross?

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Did Jehovah forsake Jesus to die on the Cross lonely and crying?

I don't believe that.
The scribes must have got wrong information, after-all they were not there to witness the event to report it correctly. Right,please?
Regards

_______
Reference : post 9 thread "Do we have first person narrative/s from Jesus? "

paarsurrey1
Sage

Re: Did Jehovah forsake Jesus to die on the Cross?

Post #31

Post by paarsurrey1 »

1213 wrote:
Monta wrote: ...
Unless His soul is the Father, Jehovah, then he is only another human like the rest of us.
Bible says Jesus was a man. So, it seems he was really a human. But because of what he taught and did, I wouldn’t say that he was just like rest of us.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
1 Timothy 2:5
Bible says Jesus was a man. So, it seems he was really a human. But because of what he taught and did, I wouldn’t say that he was just like rest of us.
To make it sure Jesus told many a time that he was Son of Man and or So of Adam. Jesus was a messenger*/prophet of God-Allah-YHVH and as such like Jonah and or John the Baptist, God's attributes got manifested in him, but that does not make Jesus a God or Son of God, undoubtedly.
Paul his associates and Church make Jesus a mythical figure that never existed historically. What has got history to do with a myth?

*[3:50] “And will make him (Jesus) a Messenger to the children of Israel
https://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/s ... 3&verse=49

And since God sends his message for the fellow human beings so God helps them against all odd:
[40:52] Most surely We help Our Messengers and those who believe, both in the present life and on the day when the witnesses will stand forth
https://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/s ... 0&verse=51
Jehovah did help Jesus in his trial times and saved him a cursed death on the Cross.

Quran corrects the narrations of NT Bible that make Jesus a mythical character and presents Jesus a real person, please.
Regards

Savant

Post #32

Post by 1213 »

paarsurrey1 wrote: …Quran corrects the narrations of NT Bible that make Jesus a mythical character and presents Jesus a real person, please.
So, does that mean that everything Jesus says in the Bible is ok, if we just ignore the misunderstanding that he “was claiming to be the one and only true God�?

The Quran’s correction is unreasonable, because there is nothing to correct, if the text is understood as it is written. If one thinks God is correcting something that is not incorrect, how that person could be kept as God, if he doesn’t even know or understand what is said in the Bible?

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #33

Post by paarsurrey1 »

1213 wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: …Quran corrects the narrations of NT Bible that make Jesus a mythical character and presents Jesus a real person, please.
So, does that mean that everything Jesus says in the Bible is ok, if we just ignore the misunderstanding that he “was claiming to be the one and only true God�?

The Quran’s correction is unreasonable, because there is nothing to correct, if the text is understood as it is written. If one thinks God is correcting something that is not incorrect, how that person could be kept as God, if he doesn’t even know or understand what is said in the Bible?
does that mean that everything Jesus says in the Bible is ok
Even Jesus won't agree to what is written in the NT Bible as it was written without any express authority from Jesus. Right, please?

Regards

Savant

Post #34

Post by 1213 »

paarsurrey1 wrote: Even Jesus won't agree to what is written in the NT Bible as it was written without any express authority from Jesus.
How do you know that?

I believe Bible is the witness story from those who were with Jesus and I don’t see any good reason not to believe what the Bible tells.

Cewakiyelo
Scholar

Post #35

Post by Cewakiyelo »

Seems that the Spirit of God did step away from Jesus during the crucifixion. It makes sense to me that it happened this way. At the baptism of Jesus we see the Holy Spirit descend upon Jesus and the Jesus follows the Spirit into the wilderness where He is tested. He is learning from the Spirit and is offered a choice. He could continue to follow the Spirit or believe the evil one. Jesus, of his own freewill, followed the Holy Spirit and rejected the evil one. What we do not see but it is deeply implied by Jesus on many occasions is that the Holy Spirit remains with him, in him, until the crucifixion. While with the Spirit he had many miraculous events occur before him. He felt secure and uplifted by the presence of the Spirit with him. It was easy to walk through the life with the Spirit to lean upon. Upon the cross I feel the Spirit steps aside. It becomes one last opportunity to choose God. It's easy to be faithful when all is going well, but how will your faith hold up when your child's life is threatened and you are asked to denounce God, or your wife, you your own life put in the balance? The Spirit lets Jesus have a moment to himself so that he can feel the loss. So he has a chance to show God that of his own freewill he chooses God even if it means his death. or he could have called out for mercy and denied his connection with God and maybe they would have taken pity on him. It was his last test. And as soon as he acknowledges for God's will to be done the Spirit is back with him and he suffers no more.

In Revelation it describes that a mark will be given and that we are not to take it. We are to head for the hills. The mark is needed to buy and sell items. No mark no food, no house, no clothes. We can say we have great faith but none of us really know what will happen when our baby is crying of hunger and we can't buy milk, or sickness is taking our wife and we can't get medicine. When faced with death we might opt to take the mark to save our families and ourselves. Faith will either remain steadfast or it will break and show God where we really stand. That event is a trial similar to what Jesus went through on the cross. One last time to profess and show your dedication to God.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #36

Post by paarsurrey1 »

1213 wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: Even Jesus won't agree to what is written in the NT Bible as it was written without any express authority from Jesus.
How do you know that?

I believe Bible is the witness story from those who were with Jesus and I don’t see any good reason not to believe what the Bible tells.
I believe Bible is the witness story
None of the scribes of the Gospels was an eyewitness of the event of the Crucifixion. Kindly name one of the four with one's clues/proofs/evidences, please.

Regards