The pursuit of knowledge and truth, through God, through science, through civil and engaging debate

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic
First Post
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:55 pm  Can God condemn to Hell based solely off gay rights support? Reply with quote

I fully support gay equal rights, namely in that I fully support that they should be allowed to marry.

It is based out of my own belief that they can love each other just the same as heterosexuals can, and that I care about their well-being and fair treatment just the same as I care about heterosexuals.

Christians, answer me this: Can God condemn me to Hell solely for this? I am deliberately going against Him and I know it and choose to do it.

My excuse is that I was acting out of love for my fellow man. Is that a good enough excuse?

If it is a good enough excuse, then I feel no guilt, shame, or worry whatsoever in going against God and pursuing that gays be treated equally.
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 31: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:22 pm
Re: Can God condemn to Hell based solely off gay rights supp

Like this post
jgh7 wrote:
Christians, answer me this: Can God condemn me to Hell solely for this?

There are two kinds of sinner on earth, the sinful elect and the non-elect sinful. The sinul elect will be saved from any and all sin they might choose to do because they chose to be under HIS promise of salvation. The non-elect sinners will not be saved from any sin because they rejected HIS promises of election and salvation as the lies of a false god.

No one is condemned for their sins on earth as any sin on earth is forgivable except sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, that is, claiming YHWH is a false liar etc which the non-elect chose to do.

IOW,
The sins of the elect are as grievous in HIS eyes as the sins of the non-elect. Period. Both are worthy of damnation BUT the relationship the elect chose to have with YHWH saves them (being under HIS promise) while the relationship the demonic non-elect chose to have with HIM (rejecting HIM as a false god and a liar) condemned them instantly.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 32: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:59 pm
Re: Can God condemn to Hell based solely off gay rights supp

Like this post
shnarkle wrote:

They, therefore, as to right belonged
So were created, nor can justly accuse
Their Maker, or their making, or their fate,
As if Predestination overruled
Their will, disposed by absolute decree
Or high foreknowledge.
They themselves decreed
Their own revolt, not I.

I agree - I too champion free will.

Quote:
If I foreknew,
Foreknowledge had no influence on their fault,
Which had no less proved certain unforeknown.
The only case I make against HIS being omniscient in the pagan Greek manner is that IF HE knew before their creation who would end in hell BUT CREATED THEM ANYWAY, HE cannot be the GOD who is LOVE, ie, he can't be YHWH.

Quote:

...for so
I formed them free, and free they must remain
Till they enthrall themselves: I else must change
Their nature, and revoke the high decree
Unchangeable, eternal, which ordained
Their freedom;
I agree. Our free will decision must be sacrosanct or it is no free will at all.

Quote:
they themselves ordained their fall.
The first sort by their own suggestion fell,
Self-tempted, self-depraved; Man falls, deceived
By the other first: Man, therefore, shall find grace;
The other, none.
Yes every sinner chose that which made us sinners but by a free will, not by deception. All were self tempted and all sinners fell by choice: James 1:14 But each one is tempted when by his own evil desires he is lured away and enticed. 15 Then after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is fully grown, it gives birth to death.

The interpretation of the story that Satan was allowed to deceive Eve is a great smear on the church's understanding of the GOD who is LOVE! IF she was innocent and there is no indication that GOD warned her not to engage with him (which is against HIS law anyway) nor set up any guardian fences to keep her safe from Satan as HE did around the garden after she chose to eat, then how can it be said that HE loved HER? How can it be said HE respected her innocence and thought it worthy of preservation? The thousands of books trying to answer these question are all sophistry, full of theo-babble because these questions expose the lie of this interpretation but our parents theology must not be denied.

GOD did not need evil for any reason and HE did not need HIS Bride (the sinful elect ) sinful, corrupt and disgusting for any reason. This interpretation flies in the face of HIS loving and righteous holiness with talons extended!

Quote:
In mercy and justice both,
Through Heaven and Earth, so shall my glory excel;
But mercy, first and last, shall brightest shine."
-Book III from Paradise Lost by John Milton
Again I agree.

Goto top, bottom

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

On The Web | Ecodia | Hymn Lyrics Apps