Can Paul and or the Church save the “Christians�?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Can Paul and or the Church save the “Christians�?

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

"Christian" or "Christianity" is not a definition, it started as a misnomer. It was not started by Jesus- the anointed one. It was started by Paul and the Church the un-anointed ones. I agree that the common man doesn't know this; nevertheless, it is the reality they must know it. It is important for them to save them. Paul and the Church cannot save them; Jesus' truthful teachings could save them. Right, please?

Regards

________
Post 97, thread "Jesus was not a Christian "

paarsurrey1
Sage

Re: Can Paul and or the Church save the “Christians�?

Post #21

Post by paarsurrey1 »

marco wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: "Christian" or "Christianity" is not a definition, it started as a misnomer. It was not started by Jesus- the anointed one. It was started by Paul and the Church the un-anointed ones. I agree that the common man doesn't know this;
But you do!

There is nothing wrong with the description Christian to indicate a follower of Christ. It could hardly be used until there was a significant following. I understand that the followers of Muhammad were once called Muhammedans, a term rarely used now, but it illustrates the same idea. Those who agree with Muhammad's views are his followers. There is no debate about Christians being those who agree with Christ's teachings.

You have possibly got some wrong views on Christ so reading the literature here will help. We don't all agree but we have a rough consensus on what Christian means.
I understand that the followers of Muhammad were once called Muhammedans, a term rarely used now, but it illustrates the same idea

We Muslims did not start calling ourselves as Muhammadan, it started with the West when they conquered the Muslim regions. God named us Muslims and our religion as Islam :

[5:4] Forbidden to you is the flesh of an animal which dies of itself, and blood and the flesh of swine; and that on which is invoked the name of one other than Allah; and that which has been strangled; and that beaten to death; and that killed by a fall; and that which has been gored to death; and that of which a wild animal has eaten, except that which you have properly slaughtered; and that which has been slaughtered at an altar. And forbidden is also that you seek to know your lot by the divining arrows. That is an act of disobedience. This day have those who disbelieve despaired of harming your religion. So fear them not, but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour upon you and have chosen for you Islam as religion. But whoso is forced by hunger, without being wilfully inclined to sin, then, surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful.
https://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/s ... =5&verse=0

[22:79] And strive in the cause of Allah as it behoves you to strive for it. He has chosen you, and has laid no hardship upon you in religion; so follow the faith of your father Abraham; He named you Muslims both before and in this Book, so that the Messenger may be a witness over you, and that you may be witnesses over mankind. Therefore observe Prayer and pay the Zakat, and hold fast to Allah. He is your Master. An excellent Master and an excellent Helper!
https://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/s ... 2&verse=78

Regards

marco
Savant

Post #22

Post by marco »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
[5:4] Forbidden to you is the flesh of an animal which dies of itself, and blood and the flesh of swine; and that on which is invoked the name of one other than Allah; .......and that which has been slaughtered at an altar. And forbidden is also that you seek to know your lot by the divining arrows.
We must remember these words are addressed to unsophisticated tribesmen. Not many people these days divine using arrows or slaughter cows on altars. The words don't apply now to those who watch television, travel in aeroplanes and cook with microwaves.
paarsurrey1 wrote:
so follow the faith of your father Abraham;
Muhammad obviously thought Abraham was a real person, hence the encomium, put in God's mouth. It is unlikely that the Maker of Supernova would bother to commend an ancient Arab.

People read the Catholic catechism with the same sort of awe. It is sad, when people need people. 'Be kind to others' is the single law we need. The rest follows without bothering about sacrificed meat. And I feel sure that an intelligent deity isn't interested in hens, swine or horsemeat nor in the way it's cooked by the chef. It sounds ridiculous.

otseng
Savant

Post #23

Post by otseng »

2timothy316 wrote: At this point, I don't think you'd accept correction even if we gave correction.
Moderator Comment

Please just make your arguments without commenting if another would accept correction.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #24

Post by paarsurrey1 »

[Replying to post 22 by marco]
marco wrote:
We must remember these words are addressed to unsophisticated tribesmen. Not many people these days divine using arrows or slaughter cows on altars. The words don't apply now to those who watch television, travel in aeroplanes and cook with microwaves.
Naturally, then it doesn't apply, please.

Regards