Muhammad abhorred fighting with anyone. Did he?

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Muhammad abhorred fighting with anyone. Did he?

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Muhammad under the guidance of Word of God established a most equitable, peaceful and rational society starting from Mecca, Medina and when Mecca became free under his control to the whole of the Arabian Peninsula and of course then in the whole world.
Muhammad abhorred fighting with anyone and he was not trained to fight. Was he, please?
Regards

viewtopic.php?p=888509#888509

Wootah
Savant

Re: Muhammad abhorred fighting with anyone. Did he?

Post #11

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 10 by JP Cusick]

Everyone serves, willingly or unwillingly. That's just a testament to God. But I dont think Judas is being rewarded in Heaven right now.

Do you?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #12

Post by JP Cusick »

Wootah wrote: Everyone serves, willingly or unwillingly. That's just a testament to God.

I agree with this - and I see that in the extreme - that every one is in the service of God whether they know it or not.

The implications of that are really extraordinary.
Wootah wrote: But I dont think Judas is being rewarded in Heaven right now.

Do you?
I do not believe that Judas or anyone else who has died is in a Hell or in torment right now - certainly not.

I do not see Judas as a greater sinner than anyone else.

And I like the Coptic view of Judas - that Judas was just doing as Jesus wanted him to do.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #13

Post by paarsurrey1 »

marco wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote:
One is welcome to talk about Muhammad sanely, no harm, please.
Did one read Quran to know the truth about Muhammad? Quran is the truthful source of important/crucial/salient points about the life events of Muhammad, and it recorded them while these happened as if a live transmission was going on. Right, please?
The problem with getting our information about Muhammad from the Quran, paarsurrey, is that it was Muhammad himself who produced the Quran at various "remembered" stages. If we want evidence about Joseph Smith we don't rely on what Joseph Smith tells us, surely. We do know Muhammad was a leader of some Arab factions who ultimately won a big following. Muhammad had the sense to make a religion out of his pronouncements, a religion that survives today in many conflicting branches, just like Christianity. For a man who abhorred fighting he certainly indulged his abhorrence.
I don't see any problem here.
One could quote from any other reliable and accurate source, one likes, that observed/recorded and reported the events when the events were happening in Muhammad's time. There is no restriction, please.
Joseph Smith has got nothing to do with Muhammad, please.

Regards

Wootah
Savant

Post #14

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 12 by JP Cusick]

So how many people go to hell?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #15

Post by JP Cusick »

Wootah wrote: So how many people go to hell?
Everybody gets saved, without even one sinful sheep being lost or left out.

Jesus paid the penalty in full for all of humanity - as the righteous sacrifice.

The claim about "hell" is overly dramatized by sinful people (by religion) out of their fears and their guilty consciences, and they confuse the "righteous fire of God" with the old Greek religious belief in Hades.

What the Bible really says is that the "fire" of God is for cleaning and for purifying, as specifically said here below:

1 Corinthians 3:
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
-

The Christian assertion that this only applies to the "good" people and not to the "bad" people is just demonstrating their own disdain for other people.

Every person is a child of God because God is the Father of all humanity, and so every son and daughter gets saved in the end.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

Rufus21
Scholar

Post #16

Post by Rufus21 »

paarsurrey1 wrote: Joseph Smith has got nothing to do with Muhammad, please.
They are both prophets of the same god. That seems like a fair comparison to me.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #17

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Rufus21 wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: Joseph Smith has got nothing to do with Muhammad, please.
They are both prophets of the same god. That seems like a fair comparison to me.
Sorry, one is mistaken.
Joseph Smith claimed to be a prophet of Jesus.
Muhammad was a prophet/messenger of Allah- or One-True-God and not of Jesus.
Regards

Rufus21
Scholar

Post #18

Post by Rufus21 »

paarsurrey1 wrote: Joseph Smith claimed to be a prophet of Jesus.
Smith claimed to receive visions from both God and Jesus, as well as an angel who was directed by God. His revelations allegedly came straight from God.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #19

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Rufus21 wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: Joseph Smith claimed to be a prophet of Jesus.
Smith claimed to receive visions from both God and Jesus, as well as an angel who was directed by God. His revelations allegedly came straight from God.
In terms of Deuteronomy, Joseph Smith was killed and that makes him a false prophet who did not belong to YHVH.
Regards

Rufus21
Scholar

Post #20

Post by Rufus21 »

paarsurrey1 wrote: In terms of Deuteronomy, Joseph Smith was killed and that makes him a false prophet who did not belong to YHVH.
Regards
Whether any of the prophets were true or false can be debated separately. As they were all prophets of the same god, claiming that they had nothing to do with each other would be incorrect.