Scientific search for what is God.

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #1

Post by McCulloch »

JP Cusick wrote:I agree that the Big-Bang gives us very little insight into what is God, and the creation event is only a physical reality with very little to teach about the spiritual side.

It would be better if modern science would search to discover what is God but the people are so intimidated by the reality of God that science can not even talk about it let alone do the research.

The science of the "parallel universe" tells us so much more about our Creator, because if we each do exist in different parallel universes (and I accept that as true) then that does explain how God does gives truth and justices to every person whoever lived.
What would the search to discover what is God if it were to be carried out by modern science?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Neatras
Guru

Re: Scientific search for what is God.

Post #91

Post by Neatras »

[Replying to post 89 by JP Cusick]

Okay dude, if you're gonna hop onto a debate forum, maybe you should familiarize yourself with at least a few fallacies. Just google fallacies and this discussion will actually be worth having.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #92

Post by Elijah John »

H.sapiens wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:
H.sapiens wrote: I dislike the quote because it is, as has been shown, a quote mine style lie, and I dislike liars.
I do not like lies or liars either, ...
Then why do you engage in quote mining?
Moderator Intervention

OK, both of you, cease and desist, knock it off. Or there will be further action. This is not civil debate.

Rules
C&A Guidelines

Moderator interventions do not count as a strike against any posters. They are given at the discretion of a moderator when he or she feels that some sort of intervention is required.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #93

Post by JP Cusick »

McCulloch wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:I agree that the Big-Bang gives us very little insight into what is God, and the creation event is only a physical reality with very little to teach about the spiritual side.

It would be better if modern science would search to discover what is God but the people are so intimidated by the reality of God that science can not even talk about it let alone do the research.

The science of the "parallel universe" tells us so much more about our Creator, because if we each do exist in different parallel universes (and I accept that as true) then that does explain how God does gives truth and justices to every person whoever lived.
What would the search to discover what is God if it were to be carried out by modern science?
The OP above gives great examples of science searching for God.

The Big-Bang shows the creation day.

The Parallel Universes show another aspect of God.

When it is done correctly then religion and science goes together very well - like 2 sides of the same coin.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

H.sapiens
Guru

Post #94

Post by H.sapiens »

JP Cusick wrote:
marco wrote: A cat of course may look at a king. Most folk, thankfully, admire Einstein's contribution to science and are not interested in his fallibility as a human.
I agree - and when I post the quote then it has nothing to do with whatever Einstein meant or intended.

Let us leave out the fallibility or the scrutiny of Einstein from the quote.
marco wrote: "The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."
My understanding is that Einstein had a purely scientific view of God based only on science and physics.

To reject the Bible is fine - to reject religion is fine - but those do not include the rejecting of a God.

----------------------------------------------------------

H.sapiens wrote: Then why do you engage in quote mining?
I had to look up the words "quote mining" to see if they had any real meaning as I never heard of such a thing before - just FYI.

So the reason I quote it as I do is because I am preaching the words literally to mean exactly what they say without any added interpretation or intent.

Why do not you just say that you do not agree with what he said?
Because you are taking two sentences out of context to express a belief that the author of the phrase never intended. That is quote mining. I do not disagree with Einstein. I disagree with your claim that there is any similarity between his views and yours.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #95

Post by paarsurrey1 »

paarsurrey1 wrote: [Replying to post 79 by JP Cusick]
The words are true regardless of your sensitivities.

Science is lame without religion = because that is the way it is - not because Einstein said so.
Religion is blind without science = because that is the way it is - not because Einstein said so.
Even if it had not been said by Einstein and even if it would have been from an anonymous writer, the sentence is valuable and priceless, I agree.
I understand that Einstein wrote those sentences in a letter. I searched but could not get the full text of the letter in German language and its translation in English.
Does one know the link where it could be found out, please?
Regards

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #96

Post by paarsurrey1 »

One-True-God (He is not Jesus, certainly) cannot be found out by science, and science has never taken this matter for any probe or investigation, formally. The opinions of the scientists in this connection are ,therefore, their personal opinions, need not to be correct, and not of science per se. Science fails in Religion miserably due to its obvious inherent defects. Science is not a function of Atheism/Agnosticism/Skepticism, so they should not worry. It is a joint venture of believers in God and non-believers. Right, please?
Please correct me If I am wrong with reasonable arguments.
Regards

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #97

Post by JP Cusick »

paarsurrey1 wrote: One-True-God (He is not Jesus, certainly) cannot be found out by science, and science has never taken this matter for any probe or investigation, formally. The opinions of the scientists in this connection are ,therefore, their personal opinions, need not to be correct, and not of science per se. Science fails in Religion miserably due to its obvious inherent defects. Science is not a function of Atheism/Agnosticism/Skepticism, so they should not worry. It is a joint venture of believers in God and non-believers. Right, please?
Please correct me If I am wrong with reasonable arguments.
Regards
The thing is that non religious secular science is pushed by government and thereby in the schools and in research, and so science has become the religion of government.

That government sponsorship makes the secular science into a powerful opposition to all forms of religion.

The so-called separation of church and State has been changed into being a weapon of anti Christ.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #98

Post by DanieltheDragon »

[Replying to post 90 by Neatras]

Moderator Comment

There is no need to comment on the personal nature of ones debate knowledge on this site. All parties in this thread need to cease personal references and innuendo lest this thread get locked.

The argument should speak for itself with no need to involve the personal habits, merits, or demerits of another poster.
Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #99

Post by DanieltheDragon »

[Replying to post 96 by JP Cusick]

Moderator Comment

This post would be considered to not comply with the guidelines on ranting. Please read through the guidelines and abide by them.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Monta
Guru

Post #100

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 80 by marco]

"It is difficult to see how superstition could have helped Einstein. Given that the bulk of humanity busied itself with some sort of religion, it was decent of Einstein to say that science needs its pious practitioners. He would have laughed loudly at the suggestion that his brilliant work came from occult sources rather than inspiration and perspiration. He had the humility to see himself not as a giant but as a busy little ant, acknowledging that there may be greater concepts beyond him, albeit nothing that resembles the fictions of the Bible."

It is Einstein who used the word 'God'. He did not say superstition or religion
or pious practitioners. Or the word occult.

"acknowledging that there may be greater concepts beyond him, albeit nothing that resembles the fictions of the Bible."

No he did not say the Bible, he said 'God'.