Civil. Respectful. Intelligent. Thoughtful. Challenging.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Reply to topic
McCulloch
First Post
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:27 pm  Scientific search for what is God. Reply with quote

JP Cusick wrote:
I agree that the Big-Bang gives us very little insight into what is God, and the creation event is only a physical reality with very little to teach about the spiritual side.

It would be better if modern science would search to discover what is God but the people are so intimidated by the reality of God that science can not even talk about it let alone do the research.

The science of the "parallel universe" tells us so much more about our Creator, because if we each do exist in different parallel universes (and I accept that as true) then that does explain how God does gives truth and justices to every person whoever lived.


What would the search to discover what is God if it were to be carried out by modern science?
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 91: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:53 pm
Reply

Like this post
H.sapiens wrote:

JP Cusick wrote:

H.sapiens wrote:

I dislike the quote because it is, as has been shown, a quote mine style lie, and I dislike liars.

I do not like lies or liars either, ...

Then why do you engage in quote mining?


Moderator Intervention

OK, both of you, cease and desist, knock it off. Or there will be further action. This is not civil debate.

Rules
C&A Guidelines


______________

Moderator interventions do not count as a strike against any posters. They are given at the discretion of a moderator when he or she feels that some sort of intervention is required.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 92: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:35 pm
Reply
Re: Scientific search for what is God.

Like this post
McCulloch wrote:

JP Cusick wrote:
I agree that the Big-Bang gives us very little insight into what is God, and the creation event is only a physical reality with very little to teach about the spiritual side.

It would be better if modern science would search to discover what is God but the people are so intimidated by the reality of God that science can not even talk about it let alone do the research.

The science of the "parallel universe" tells us so much more about our Creator, because if we each do exist in different parallel universes (and I accept that as true) then that does explain how God does gives truth and justices to every person whoever lived.


What would the search to discover what is God if it were to be carried out by modern science?

The OP above gives great examples of science searching for God.

The Big-Bang shows the creation day.

The Parallel Universes show another aspect of God.

When it is done correctly then religion and science goes together very well - like 2 sides of the same coin.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 93: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:41 pm
Reply
Re: Scientific search for what is God.

Like this post
JP Cusick wrote:

marco wrote:

A cat of course may look at a king. Most folk, thankfully, admire Einstein's contribution to science and are not interested in his fallibility as a human.

I agree - and when I post the quote then it has nothing to do with whatever Einstein meant or intended.

Let us leave out the fallibility or the scrutiny of Einstein from the quote.

marco wrote:

"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."

My understanding is that Einstein had a purely scientific view of God based only on science and physics.

To reject the Bible is fine - to reject religion is fine - but those do not include the rejecting of a God.



----------------------------------------------------------


H.sapiens wrote:

Then why do you engage in quote mining?

I had to look up the words "quote mining" to see if they had any real meaning as I never heard of such a thing before - just FYI.

So the reason I quote it as I do is because I am preaching the words literally to mean exactly what they say without any added interpretation or intent.

Why do not you just say that you do not agree with what he said?
Because you are taking two sentences out of context to express a belief that the author of the phrase never intended. That is quote mining. I do not disagree with Einstein. I disagree with your claim that there is any similarity between his views and yours.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 94: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:33 am
Reply
Re: Scientific search for what is God.

Like this post
paarsurrey1 wrote:

[Replying to post 79 by JP Cusick]

Quote:
The words are true regardless of your sensitivities.

Science is lame without religion = because that is the way it is - not because Einstein said so.
Religion is blind without science = because that is the way it is - not because Einstein said so.


Even if it had not been said by Einstein and even if it would have been from an anonymous writer, the sentence is valuable and priceless, I agree.


I understand that Einstein wrote those sentences in a letter. I searched but could not get the full text of the letter in German language and its translation in English.
Does one know the link where it could be found out, please?
Regards

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 95: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:54 am
Reply

Like this post
Scientific search for what is God.

One-True-God (He is not Jesus, certainly) cannot be found out by science, and science has never taken this matter for any probe or investigation, formally. The opinions of the scientists in this connection are ,therefore, their personal opinions, need not to be correct, and not of science per se. Science fails in Religion miserably due to its obvious inherent defects. Science is not a function of Atheism/Agnosticism/Skepticism, so they should not worry. It is a joint venture of believers in God and non-believers. Right, please?
Please correct me If I am wrong with reasonable arguments.
Regards

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 96: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:29 am
Reply
Re: Scientific search for what is God.

Like this post
paarsurrey1 wrote:

One-True-God (He is not Jesus, certainly) cannot be found out by science, and science has never taken this matter for any probe or investigation, formally. The opinions of the scientists in this connection are ,therefore, their personal opinions, need not to be correct, and not of science per se. Science fails in Religion miserably due to its obvious inherent defects. Science is not a function of Atheism/Agnosticism/Skepticism, so they should not worry. It is a joint venture of believers in God and non-believers. Right, please?
Please correct me If I am wrong with reasonable arguments.
Regards

The thing is that non religious secular science is pushed by government and thereby in the schools and in research, and so science has become the religion of government.

That government sponsorship makes the secular science into a powerful opposition to all forms of religion.

The so-called separation of church and State has been changed into being a weapon of anti Christ.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 97: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:30 am
Reply

Like this post
[Replying to post 90 by Neatras]


Moderator Comment

There is no need to comment on the personal nature of ones debate knowledge on this site. All parties in this thread need to cease personal references and innuendo lest this thread get locked.

The argument should speak for itself with no need to involve the personal habits, merits, or demerits of another poster.
Please review the Rules.


______________

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 98: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:33 am
Reply

Like this post
[Replying to post 96 by JP Cusick]


Moderator Comment

This post would be considered to not comply with the guidelines on ranting. Please read through the guidelines and abide by them.


______________

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 99: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:33 am
Reply
Re: Scientific search for what is God.

Like this post (1): JP Cusick
[Replying to post 80 by marco]


"It is difficult to see how superstition could have helped Einstein. Given that the bulk of humanity busied itself with some sort of religion, it was decent of Einstein to say that science needs its pious practitioners. He would have laughed loudly at the suggestion that his brilliant work came from occult sources rather than inspiration and perspiration. He had the humility to see himself not as a giant but as a busy little ant, acknowledging that there may be greater concepts beyond him, albeit nothing that resembles the fictions of the Bible."

It is Einstein who used the word 'God'. He did not say superstition or religion
or pious practitioners. Or the word occult.

"acknowledging that there may be greater concepts beyond him, albeit nothing that resembles the fictions of the Bible."

No he did not say the Bible, he said 'God'.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 100: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:53 am
Reply
Re: Scientific search for what is God.

Like this post
JP Cusick wrote:

paarsurrey1 wrote:

One-True-God (He is not Jesus, certainly) cannot be found out by science, and science has never taken this matter for any probe or investigation, formally. The opinions of the scientists in this connection are ,therefore, their personal opinions, need not to be correct, and not of science per se. Science fails in Religion miserably due to its obvious inherent defects. Science is not a function of Atheism/Agnosticism/Skepticism, so they should not worry. It is a joint venture of believers in God and non-believers. Right, please?
Please correct me If I am wrong with reasonable arguments.
Regards

The thing is that non religious secular science is pushed by government and thereby in the schools and in research, and so science has become the religion of government.

That government sponsorship makes the secular science into a powerful opposition to all forms of religion.

The so-called separation of church and State has been changed into being a weapon of anti Christ.

Quote:
separation of church and State


Separation of Church and State is a laudable thing, the Truthful-Religion supports it. The Promised Messiah and Imam Mahdi 1835-1908 has made it clear that Islamic Caliphate does not envisage that Caliph should necessarily be a ruler of the State:

[24:56] Allah has promised to those among you who believe and do good works that He will surely make them Successors in the earth, as He made Successors from among those who were before them; and that He will surely establish for them their religion which He has chosen for them; and that He will surely give them in exchange security and peace after their fear: They will worship Me, and they will not associate anything with Me. Then whoso is ungrateful after that, they will be the rebellious.
[24:57] And observe Prayer and give the Zakat and obey the Messenger, that you may be shown mercy.
https://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=24&verse=55

The truthful religion is rich in reason and arguments, it wins hearts and souls with peaceful dialogue, whatever the form of government of a state, it flourishes.
Regards

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Display posts from previous:   

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

 




On The Web | Ecodia | Facebook | Twitter

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.   Produced by Ecodia.

Igloo   |  Lo-Fi Version