The kingdom of God.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Checkpoint
Prodigy

The kingdom of God.

Post #1

Post by Checkpoint »

Some seem to think it is entirely future, while others give the impression they are always thinking of it as present, and to not be looking at the future in kingdom terms at all.

Jesus had much to say about the kingdom, including this:
Luke 16:

6 The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone is being zealously urged into it.
So, where do you stand as to whether it is present, future, or has both a present and a future aspect?

On what basis?

According to which scriptures?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #351

Post by JehovahsWitness »

brianbbs67 wrote: I hear you. But , the beginning itself was the beginning of the end. Lots have tried to guess the "Time, Times, And Half a time". No one has. No one will. As God has said.(as i believe He said) I am more concerned with living as He wants me to, than when He comes. Because He is already here(always Is).

Daniels prophecy were given for a reason and they remain a "mystery" only for those without God's spirit. Both Daniel and Jesus himself gave enough information to identify the "last days" so although it would be possible to calculate when that period would BEGIN it would be impossible to pinpoint exactly the day or hour they would END.

How specific can we be regarding end time prophecies?
viewtopic.php?p=1047971#p1047971

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

THE GENTILE TIMES , THE LAST DAYS and ...THE GENERATION
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #352

Post by brianbbs67 »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote: I hear you. But , the beginning itself was the beginning of the end. Lots have tried to guess the "Time, Times, And Half a time". No one has. No one will. As God has said.(as i believe He said) I am more concerned with living as He wants me to, than when He comes. Because He is already here(always Is).

Daniels prophecy were given for a reason and they remain a "mystery" only for those without God's spirit. Both Daniel and Jesus himself gave enough information to identify the "last days" so although it would be possible to calculate when that period would BEGIN it would be impossible to pinpoint exactly the day or hour they would END.
Well , I know I am not without God's spirit. He has made Himself clear, as He chose. I think you reach to far to decide who has it.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #353

Post by 2timothy316 »

JehovahsWitness wrote:

No one would know what a 'time' was until the last book of the Bible was written. Daniel said that these things would be made secret until the last days. It is only fitting that information be in the very last book of the Bible. It also makes sense that indeed 'no one had and no one will' under their own discernment. Yet to say that no would ever know goes against Bible prophecy.Daniel 12:4 states: “As for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of the end. The answer has been in the Bible for almost 2000 years waiting to be discovered. JWs are under no delusion that any man discovered this information on their own. It had to be spirit guided. Jesus said that he would be with his people during the last days. Judging by the world events in the past 100 years, if these are not the last days then what are we living through right now? Seeing how any expert in world affairs will tell us, the world is on the brink of a global disaster at almost all times. We are not living in the Great Tribulation right now because all will know that time but of the last days the Bible says people would ignore the signs of the last days but the Great Tribulation can't be ignored.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #354

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 351 by 2timothy316]

I wouldn't say the tribulation has started though (Babylon hasn't fallen yet), but we are certainly in a pre-tribulation period. I'm sure when it starts we will be amazed how close 2017 was to the beginning of the tribulation.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #355

Post by 2timothy316 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 351 by 2timothy316]

I wouldn't say the tribulation has started though (Babylon hasn't fallen yet), but we are certainly in a pre-tribulation period. I'm sure when it starts we will be amazed how close 2017 was to the beginning of the tribulation.
I imagine those in the days of Noah were shocked and how short 120 years was. I am quite sure when the Great Tribulation starts all those saying, 'where's this disaster you have been preaching about for thousands of years at'? Then when the GT comes will those same people will say, 'it can't happen yet, it's too soon, I didn't get enough time find out what I should have been doing'!

It's amazing how people react pretty badly toward the Good News about living forever on a paradise Earth. I can only imagine how they will react when our preaching message turns from one about the Good News to one of judgement. Funny how when disaster is upon us we say, 'I needed more time to prepare!" It's the grasshopper and the ant fable playing out all over again.

"For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be.�—Matthew 24:37-39.

They should have been building arks themselves.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #356

Post by brianbbs67 »

I just noticed that the original scripture is not referenced right according to my Bibles. Anyone else notice? Luke 16:6 is not this passage we all recognize in the OP

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #357

Post by Checkpoint »

brianbbs67 wrote: I just noticed that the original scripture is not referenced right according to my Bibles. Anyone else notice? Luke 16:6 is not this passage we all recognize in the OP
Please explain and/or clarify what is wrong with the translation given.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #358

Post by brianbbs67 »

Checkpoint wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote: I just noticed that the original scripture is not referenced right according to my Bibles. Anyone else notice? Luke 16:6 is not this passage we all recognize in the OP
Please explain and/or clarify what is wrong with the translation given.
Sure, here it is, NKJ

IMG_0711.JPG

ImageIMG_0711 by brianbbs67, on Flickr

Nothing wrong with the verse we all know. Just wrong reference.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #359

Post by Checkpoint »

[Replying to post 356 by brianbbs67]
Nothing wrong with the verse we all know. Just wrong reference.
Oops!

The correct reference is Luke 16:16.

Please accept my apology, all.

Prince
Scholar

Post #360

Post by Prince »

The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Seek first The kingdom of God and His righteousness and it will be given to you.

Whoever seeks finds, whoever asks receives, whoever knocks enters.

Whoever is born of water and spirit enters the kingdom of God.

Whoever is born from above sees the kingdom of God.

If you have not seen it you cannot enter.

Seek the righteousness of God and keep His word so you may be born of water and spirit.