Civil. Respectful. Intelligent. Thoughtful. Challenging.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic
JP Cusick
First Post
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:25 am  Noble Truths of the Buddha: Reply with quote

Arrow This is my interpretation of the Truths, so mine is not absolute and anyone may add or challenge anything said:

The 1st Truth is that life consist of suffering, and by suffering it includes sorrow and pain and death. It is because we have a physical body that this same physical existence lets us feel a tender kiss or a warm hug or a pleasant breeze - so too it can feel the opposite. Having pain, sorrow, death, suffering - all of it is our human reality (a fact of life) and no way to escape that reality which is why it is viewed as a Truth. Happiness and joy will come and go but suffering is life long. Even in times of great joy the suffering lingers in the background, but in times of great suffering then every joy disappears, because pleasures are events but are not Truth.

The 2nd Truth is that our human attachment to the various kinds of suffering is because of our desires and passions which run amuck and out of control. The suffering is a fact of life that we must deal with but we must not let the suffering to control us.

The 3rd Truth is that by detaching from our desires and passions then we can detach from the suffering, and the suffering will loose its control over us. To do this puts the person into a condition called Nirvana where we can experience the worst of sorrow and pain and even death without flinching or loosing our equilibrium.

The 4th Truth is the 8 fold path, which tells us how to reach the state of Nirvana: right view, right aspiration, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness, right concentration.
---

The perfect example of fulfilling these Truths is in Jesus Christ on the cross crucified, because Jesus is in pain and sorrow and in death - He kept His senses and made arrangement for His mother and gave forgiveness to the Roman guards and accepted His crucifixion and death with His dignity intact.
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 31: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:40 pm
Re: Noble Truths of the Buddha:

Like this post
JP Cusick wrote:

I have been reading a horribly written book by a declared Atheist called:

"Why Buddhism is True" by Robert Wright (2017)

And from this I now declare that Buddhism is to include God or else it is just a game to be played by non believers.

Before I had doubts - but now I am certain.

The real Buddhism is a door to God, and it is an aspect of God.

By taking God out of Buddhism then it is like taking the flavor out of food, taking the harmony out of music, like taking hope out of life.

The thing is that people have a natural calling for God as our Father and Creator, and so the people look anywhere and everywhere without comprehending their driving demanding need for that relationship with our Father God.

See the Bible text here - Amos 8:
11 Behold, the days come, saith the Father God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Father:

12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Father, and shall not find it.
-

To learn Buddhism is fine and wonderful - but turning to Buddhism as a divergence from God is just another empty pit.

Goto top, bottom

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

On The Web | Ecodia | Facebook | Twitter