Where should God draw the line with compassion?

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

wannabe
Apprentice

Where should God draw the line with compassion?

Post #1

Post by wannabe »

Where should God draw the line with compassion - for to condemn leaves a harsh impression on oneself, but just for the sake of the action. For love is needed to be given, before it can be received.

And what should be the consequences of the action of a harsh line drawn.?
Maybe the compassion would end. And some might not be saved. But that would not be God's plan. ( he loves all of his creation - and for good reason.) But even man has some hard lessons to learn about compassion. Live to love and learn and grow and re-appraise compassion to a greater resolve.

Do you think this would be a hard lesson to learn?
Or even an important one?
:
:

Live to give , Give to live ( love Jesus )

: I believe a mans spirit is more than just his imagination.

I believe in forever. That's true even without religion.(or man)

: Live to give, give to life, Forgive to live.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by ttruscott »

I'm not sure how your op relates to the title but for me the line of compassion is draw only by the created person himself by either choosing to be within HIS compassion or to choose to never receive HIS compassion for any reason, rejecting all HIS help, no matter what may happen. IF GOD could fulfill HIS purpose and desires by HIS own compassion, it is obvious HE would have compassion to everyone so the fact that some are outside of HIS compassion and solely under HIS judgement proves that HE has allowed limits to HIS compassion to be set by the free will of HIS creation.

Since one may ask what if they change their mind about receiving HIS compassion, I suggest that the only time one can do that is BEFORE the choice while the will is still free from the enslaving addiction to evil because once enslaved, the person will progressively grow harder in sin without HIS compassionate help until they are fully engulfed with hatred for HIM and HIS people.

Only those who chose to be under HIS compassion by accepting HIS deity and HIS Son as their saviour can be saved.

Only those who reject HIS compassion and salvation as the lies of a false, self aggrandizing, maniacal, manipulating false god, cannot be saved.

IF free will means anything, it means that HE will never change the person's mind against their will, especially because a citizen forced to 'love' and to be truly married is not loving nor really married in the least.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

wiploc
Guru

Post #3

Post by wiploc »

All I know is that if I were the god of Oklahoma, and Jehovah were the god of everywhere else, everybody would move to Oklahoma.

I'm not even all that nice a person, but I'm totally nicer than Christians make out their god to be.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #4

Post by Divine Insight »

wiploc wrote: All I know is that if I were the god of Oklahoma, and Jehovah were the god of everywhere else, everybody would move to Oklahoma.

I'm not even all that nice a person, but I'm totally nicer than Christians make out their god to be.
Exactly.

As long as God is as compassionate as me, then everyone can relax and rest assured that compassion will be the ultimate decree.

Only if God is not as compassionate as me would anyone need to worry.

Therefore I can actually be used as a standard by which a God could be judged in terms of whether or not the God is compassionate.

A God has to be at least as compassionate as me. :D

He can be way more compassionate than me. No problem with that.

But he cannot be less compassionate than me. That would be a serious problem.

~~~~~

Consider the following:

If I were an omnipotent God who can cast evil demons out of people and heal the mentally ill, then there would be no need to condemn anyone. I would simply heal those who are so mentally ill that they desire to do harmful things to others.

Any God who can't do this cannot be said to be omnipotent or even be able to heal mentally ill humans.

In fact, if I was the omnipotent creator of all that exists there would be no mentally ill people or demons in the first place. I would have either created them to be mentally healthy in the first place, or if I'm so inept as to not be able to get it right the first time then I would use my omnipotence to heal them (i.e. correct the flaws I had originally designed into them)

There really is no excuse for a supposedly omnipotent God to be creating flawed or evil creatures in the first place.

So the whole topic is pretty much guaranteed to be false. Secularism is more like to be the true nature of reality. Then there is no inept omnipotent creator to blame for the problems we see in reality.

A truly compassionate God wouldn't have created an evil world to begin with.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #5

Post by OnceConvinced »

It would be interesting to know who the most compassionate human being in this world is and then compare them to God. Some may say Mother Theresa and if that's true, then we have some idea about what type of person she is and how compassionate she was. We can ask ourselves, what is the least amount of suffering Mother Theresa would tolerate without lending a hand of some kind and then compare that to God.

We might like to take a typical example and compare God to Mother Theresa.

Would Mother Theresa cast someone into Hell for lying?
Would God cast someone into Hell for lying?

Would Mother Theresa require someone to beg her for forgiveness for lying to someone else? Would she refuse to forgive if this did not happen?
Would God require someone to beg him for forgiveness for lying to someone else? Would he refuse to forgive if this did not happen?

I don't know about you, but I think I can see who's most likely winning in this particular comparison.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by ttruscott »

OnceConvinced wrote:I don't know about you, but I think I can see who's most likely winning in this particular comparison.
Perhaps if you chose a less controversial 'saint' especially according to her own words, this post would make more realism.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #7

Post by OnceConvinced »

[Replying to post 6 by ttruscott]

I was just trying to think of someone who was compassionate. You don't think she was a compassionate person?

Well ok, I'll put myself in there. I know I'm no saint and I'm sure there are people who are more compassionate than me out there, but I would never throw anyone into Hell for lying and would not expect people to beg me for forgiveness on behalf of others. ;)

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Bust Nak
Savant

Re: Where should God draw the line with compassion?

Post #8

Post by Bust Nak »

wannabe wrote: Where should God draw the line with compassion - for to condemn leaves a harsh impression on oneself, but just for the sake of the action. For love is needed to be given, before it can be received.
Draw the line at infinity. I expect no less from an omnipotent God.
Do you think this would be a hard lesson to learn?
Or even an important one?
It would be irrelevant, if God is maximally compassionate. Everything would automatically and trivially be great, given an omnipotent and maximally compassionate God.