Where was god????

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Donray
Guru

Where was god????

Post #1

Post by Donray »

SUTHERLAND SPRINGS, Tex. — The massacre here that killed more than two dozen people — the youngest of them just 18 months old — occurred amid an ongoing “domestic situation� involving the gunman and his relatives, at least one of whom had attended the church, law enforcement officials said Monday.

People must have been prying to God then they were killed in his church.

Why did God allow this and not listen to prays?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Where was god????

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1 by Donray]

These tragic events have been allowed by God for the same reason he has allowed all human suffering. God never intended humans to suffer this way but for good reason he has allowed evil people to exist for a while. This should not be take for indifference on his part and God certainly is not ignoring the suffering, indeed Jehovah God mankind's Creator loves humans and wants to put an end to all human suffering forever. Thanks to the bible Jehovah's Witnesses know WHY God has allowed humans suffering (see links below).

Happily very soon God will intervene in human affairs, kill off the wicked and ensure that no one ever again has to suffer at their hands. In the meantime its important to know God does NOT ignore sincere prayers. He stands close to his children during their suffering and through his witnesses assures all who suffer of God's intention to "make all things new " ... very soon.

JW

If there is a God, why does he permit evil [and suffering]?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 277#381277

Why did God not destroy Satan when he rebelled?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 975#845975

FURTHER READING: Why does God Allow Suffering?
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102015151#h=13

Why Does God Allow Me to Suffer?
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2012804#h=2
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Peds nurse
Site Supporter

Re: Where was god????

Post #3

Post by Peds nurse »

[Replying to post 1 by Donray]

The tragedy isn't that God didn't intervene, but that a man could have so much hate to commit such an act.

Donray
Guru

Post #4

Post by Donray »

So, god ignores this type of thing and all the people that pray to not to get hurt by the gunfire.

And nobody knows why their god allows this. .

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #5

Post by 2timothy316 »

These things are allowed to happen because there was a challenge before all creation that:

Challenge #1: ...mankind can live without God and be rulers over ourselves. (Gen 3:5)

Challenge #2: ...a man will curse God to His face if God takes away His protective hedge, everyone and everything was taken from him. That mankind only loves God because He spoils us, making Him out to be a bad leader. (Job 1:9-11)

Who really is responsible? Are we proving Satan, the taunter and accuser, right when we blame God when bad things happen? We wanted to rule ourselves, well we got it. Why are some complaining, 'God should do something' out of one side of their mouth and then complain about not wanting to follow His rule out of the other side of their mouth?

Jesus was put to death. He knew Satan was behind it. (Joh 13:2)
Satan the Devil is the ruler of this world. (1 John 5:19)
Along with Satan, “Man has dominated man to his harm.� (Ecclesiastes 8:9)

We have had thousands of years of rule by Satan and mankind. What is the verdict? Are Satan and mankind guilty of being bad rulers? Is anyone ready for God's rule through His Son? If what we see today is the opposite of how God rules, what an amazing rule we have to look forward to!

Donray
Guru

Post #6

Post by Donray »

[Replying to post 5 by 2timothy316]

So this person knows why his god ignore him. Is this the reason god ignores all prays?

God does not care currently to save anyone from suffering. He wants them to suffer even though he could stop it.

Do I have everything correct?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #7

Post by 2timothy316 »

Donray wrote: [Replying to post 5 by 2timothy316]

So this person knows why his god ignore him. Is this the reason god ignores all prays?

God does not care currently to save anyone from suffering. He wants them to suffer even though he could stop it.

No only does God want to stop it but He will as soon as He can save as many people that wish to turn from their wicked ways as possible. Do you accept that mankind are failures at ruling themselves? That the main ruler of this world Satan, needs to be put down and everyone that shares in his villainy? Would you like hear of the future that is planned? Would you like to hear what is going to happen to not only those victims of yesterdays crimes, but all crimes ever committed?

If you answer is yes, then I have some Good News to share.
If your answer is no and think mankind can dig themselves out these mass shootings on their own then I will leave you to find whatever you think will solve the problem.

Donray
Guru

Post #8

Post by Donray »

2timothy316 wrote:

No only does God want to stop it but He will as soon as He can save as many people that wish to turn from their wicked ways as possible. Do you accept that mankind are failures at ruling themselves? That the main ruler of this world Satan, needs to be put down and everyone that shares in his villainy? Would you like hear of the future that is planned? Would you like to hear what is going to happen to not only those victims of yesterdays crimes, but all crimes ever committed?

If your answer is no and think mankind can dig themselves out these mass shootings on their own then I will leave you to find whatever you think will solve the problem.
As people said in this thread god does not give a damn about suffering currently.

Why did god create Satan in the first place?

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by ttruscott »

Only sin causes suffering and death, Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death...
No one who has never sinned ever suffers or dies, (except our saviour), Ezekiel 18:4...The soul who sins will die. To die is just the ultimate of suffering so death contains all suffering, that is, to say the wages of sin is death is to also say the wages of sin is suffering and death.

People suffer for two reasons, 1. as a judgement against their sinfulness, with no redemptive nor intent to change the person's behavior. 2. As a corrective, redemptive, and rehabilitative discipline to cause the person to reevaluate their actions (character) so as to encourage a change of behaviour, as seen in the painful discipline of every child of GOD, Heb 12:5-11.

People die for two reasons also, 1. as a judgement against their sins and 2. to put a finality to their life after they have repented, been redeemed and brought to righteous holiness, so they may leave this place of suffering as it is of no further use to them.

John the baptizer had the Holy Spirit while still in the womb so I do not hold that an infant death proves the person was unredeemed. But even a miscarriage can be attributed to sin, NOT through Adam, which I recon is a blasphemy, but because the foetus can conspire to murder and even try to act upon it as Jacob and Esau were trying to crush each other to pieces to kill each other within their mother's womb.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #10

Post by 2timothy316 »

Donray wrote:
2timothy316 wrote:

As people said in this thread god does not give a damn about suffering currently.
So I guess your answer is a no. That Satan is right. Mankind is only concerned with what God can do for them. Do you not care about what kind of person He is but only care about what God can do for you?

Are you more concerned about what people say? Or are you more concerned with what the Bible, the word of God says? Do you only hear what you want to hear?
Why did god create Satan in the first place?
Satan wasn't always the rebel he is now. John 8:44 says that "he did not stand fast in the truth". Meaning he once was one of God's spiritual sons and obeyed God. But now Satan works against God. Trying to make Him look bad by placing all of his and mankind's wrong doing as Jehovah's fault. Are you falling for this? Now, who do you want to follow?