Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

paarsurrey1
Sage

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #851

Post by paarsurrey1 »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: 5Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
And what did he say the meek will inherit?
I believe one imagines what is not in the text. It is a general statement that righteous person will succeed:

[21:106] And already have We written in the Book of David, after the exhortation, that My righteous servants shall inherit the land.
www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapt ... &verse=105

Sorry, Pauline-Christianity people:

~don't follow Jesus and his teachings
~ they have not been meek enough to accept the truthful prophet/messenger of YHVH/Allah after Jesus

so they are not meant in it, please. Right, please?

Regards

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #852

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 851 by paarsurrey1]

I have absolutely no interest in what the Quran has to say; my personal belief is that it is a demon inspired book of lies. I think Mohammad was probably a mad man or someone that was demon possed (personal opinion). If I wanted to discuss the Quran I would to to the sub-forum dedicated to discussing Islam.

Have a most excellent day,

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #853

JehovahsWitness wrote:

Line one: I notice you didn't comment on the scripture mentioned.

Line two: This seems clear enough to me, if the meek shall inherit the earth there will be a marked improvement in conditions on the planet.

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Thia

Re: Paradise on earth

Post #854

Post by Thia »

tam wrote:
Didn't the Garden of Eden once exist?
The Garden of Eden never ceased to exist. Adam and Eve were cast OUT of the Garden of Eden (the spiritual realm), confined only to the earth[ly realm].

If we are going to regain what was lost (to us), then that would include being able to move in and out of the spiritual realm. Just as Christ said of those who belong to Him:

"I am the gate for the sheep. They will come in AND go out and find pasture."

Consider also:

Adam was a) created outside of the Garden and then brought into it ; and b) Adam and Eve were cast out of it.

The Garden is a different "place" than from the earth they were created in and cast out of.

...therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden to work the ground from which he was taken. He drove out the man, and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming sword that turned every way to guard the way to the tree of life.

(I believe that chabad Jews at least understand the same... that 'gan eden' is [part of] the spiritual realm.)

As to the OP, there is no choice to make between the earth and the heavens. The Garden of Eden is once again accessible, and one can move between the spiritual and the earthly realms. (If indeed one is in Christ, part of His Kingdom)

(and yes, the Kingdom of God is within us... if/when Christ and God make their home within us by means of holy spirit - the breath, blood, seed of Jah; also described as the water of Life that Christ gives us. This is the token that Paul spoke of; the pledge of things to come. Ephesian 1:14; 2Corinth 1:22. The Kingdom is within us if Christ and God have made their home in us; and we also enter into the Kingdom if we are in them. But Christ will also return and and rule upon the earth, and every eye will see Him at that time. This has not yet happened.)

Peace to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
An excellent and accurate understanding Tammy. My spirit bears witness with all you've shared here. Peace to you.

Your servant and fellow slave of Christ
Thia x

Thia

Post #855

Post by Thia »

tam wrote:
Didn't the Garden of Eden once exist?
The Garden of Eden never ceased to exist. Adam and Eve were cast OUT of the Garden of Eden (the spiritual realm), confined only to the earth[ly realm].

If we are going to regain what was lost (to us), then that would include being able to move in and out of the spiritual realm. Just as Christ said of those who belong to Him:

"I am the gate for the sheep. They will come in AND go out and find pasture."

Consider also:

Adam was a) created outside of the Garden and then brought into it ; and b) Adam and Eve were cast out of it.

The Garden is a different "place" than from the earth they were created in and cast out of.

...therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden to work the ground from which he was taken. He drove out the man, and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming sword that turned every way to guard the way to the tree of life.

(I believe that chabad Jews at least understand the same... that 'gan eden' is [part of] the spiritual realm.)

As to the OP, there is no choice to make between the earth and the heavens. The Garden of Eden is once again accessible, and one can move between the spiritual and the earthly realms. (If indeed one is in Christ, part of His Kingdom)

(and yes, the Kingdom of God is within us... if/when Christ and God make their home within us by means of holy spirit - the breath, blood, seed of Jah; also described as the water of Life that Christ gives us. This is the token that Paul spoke of; the pledge of things to come. Ephesian 1:14; 2Corinth 1:22. The Kingdom is within us if Christ and God have made their home in us; and we also enter into the Kingdom if we are in them. But Christ will also return and and rule upon the earth, and every eye will see Him at that time. This has not yet happened.)

Peace to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
An excellent and accurate understanding Tammy. My spirit bears witness with all you've shared here. Peace to you.

Your servant and fellow slave of Christ
Thia x

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #856

2timothy316 wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 828 by 2timothy316]

I'm with you Tim, for me, since God says he will satisfy the desire of all the faithful I bellieve none of the meek that will inherit the earth will be unhappy or feel dissatisfied.

Paradse sound pretty good to me!

I want to be able to surf like that guy in the background. If I were to try that today, I'd strain something. :D

Me too! In any case there are a myriad of blessing God has in store for those that love him.

I look forward to all the new and exciting things we will be able to do in paradise.

May Jehovah be praised for his large heartedness,

JW

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #857

Post by brianbbs67 »

Moderator removed one-line, non-contributing post. Kindly refrain from making posts that contribute nothing to debate and/or simply express agreement / disagreement or make other frivolous remarks.

For complimenting or agreeing use the "Like" function or the MGP button. For anything else use PM.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #858

Post by onewithhim »

brianbbs67 wrote:
onewithhim wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote: All I know is He is coming back with fire and a sword. The last thing Jesus told his disciples to buy.
It might behoove you to do a bit more research on what is going to happen when Jesus comes back. There are many references to a lot of information on many of the posts on this thread.
Have you read the Tanakh?(OT) God repeats over and over what will happen when He comes back. Christ reveals pretty much the same. "2 women will be grinding at a mill, one will be taken, the other remain. And there will be much gnashing of teeth.
Yes, I have read the Tanakh several times. Have you? I think Jesus told his disciples to buy swords to protect themselves from wild animals on their journey. It was surely not to use on people. I recall he corrected Peter for using one against the temple guard. I understand what will happen when Jesus comes back. "Two women grinding at the mill," etc., refers to the general attitude of the people in the last days, one person totally wrapped up in their mundane chores while the other person is keeping up with what's happening and recognizing the sign of Jesus' presence. He had just said that "just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of Man will be"....that is, "they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away." (Matt.24:37-42)

Gnashing of teeth will certainly be the case as well as nonchalance about the coming tribulation. The hypocritical religious leaders did a lot of gnashing back in the first century when Jesus and his disciples exposed them for the "vipers" they were. (Matt.23:33; Acts 7:54-57) The religious leaders of today who are teaching false doctrines will be gnashing their teeth when THEY are exposed.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #859

Post by onewithhim »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
onewithhim wrote: When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

1Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, 2and he began to teach them.

The Beatitudes

He said:

3“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5Blessed are the meek,
6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
http://biblehub.com/niv/matthew/5.htm

We can see from the context verses that Jesus is talking, as per Matthew, of the reward in the heaven or afterlife/hereafter, not in this life. Right, please?
Regards
Jesus was speaking directly to those people who were chosen by God to rule with him in heaven. His first concern while on Earth was to train people to spread the good news about his Kingdom (which would rule from heaven) and be a part of the fixed number of disciples who would rule with him. All of the people who heard his Sermon on the Mount and who joined him in serving Jehovah would be part of that heavenly arrangement. Did you notice that he alluded to "the meek will inherit the earth"? (Matt.5:5) Couldn't this be in reference to the heavenly ruling class having a role in bringing the planet and its people back to a perfect state, as it was supposed to be in the beginning? (See Psalm 37:9-11,29.)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #860

Post by onewithhim »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:
I believe one imagines what is not in the text. It is a general statement that righteous person will succeed:

[21:106] And already have We written in the Book of David, after the exhortation, that My righteous servants shall inherit the land.
www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapt ... &verse=105

Sorry, Pauline-Christianity people:

~don't follow Jesus and his teachings
~ they have not been meek enough to accept the truthful prophet/messenger of YHVH/Allah after Jesus

so they are not meant in it, please. Right, please?

Regards
You have still not answered my question as to how the Quran can say that the entire "Old Testament," or, the Hebrew Scriptures, AND the "New Testament," or, the Christian Greek Scriptures, was given to men by Allah.....but then be ignored by Muslims. The N.T. states clearly that JESUS is the ONLY way to God, and does not refer to any other messenger. It says that HE and he alone will rule God's Kingdom forever.

"The government will come to be upon his shoulder...and to the abundance of his government there will be no end, upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom...from now on and forever." (Isaiah 9:6,7)

"This one [Jesus] will be great and will be called Son of the Most High; and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father, and he will rule as king over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end of his kingdom." (Luke 1:32,33)

"Jesus said to him: 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'" (John 14:6)

Those Scriptures, which Allah gave men on Earth, leave no room for any other messenger or prophet.