In your understanding what is the light of life?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Prince
Scholar

In your understanding what is the light of life?

Post #1

Post by Prince »

Jesus said that His followers posses the light of life.

Do Christians posses the light of life?

If they do not know what the light of life is, how can they have it?

Reference; "I am the light of the world. No one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because they will posses the light of life." (Son of man)

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #21

Post by Checkpoint »

Prince wrote: [Replying to post 18 by Divine Insight]

I'm saying He has another divine name known to those who continue in His teaching and word.

"No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above. "
What is this "another divine name"?

Prince
Scholar

Post #22

Post by Prince »

Checkpoint wrote:

I'm saying He has another divine name known to those who continue in His teaching and word.

It is known to those who serve God as Jesus did and the prophets before Him did.

It is written in the prophets;

" The Lord God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants the prophets. "

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #23

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Prince wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:

It is known to those who serve God as Jesus did and the prophets before Him did.

It is written in the prophets;

" The Lord God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants the prophets. "
One didn't give the name. Kindly mention it, please.
Regards

Prince
Scholar

Post #24

Post by Prince »

paarsurrey1
Regards

It is only revealed to those who serve God and walk in His ways.

I will not tell anyone exactly what it is since it has been hidden for centuries and to do so would betray the Lord.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #25

Post by Divine Insight »

Prince wrote:
paarsurrey1
Regards

I will not tell anyone exactly what it is since it has been hidden for centuries and to do so would betray the Lord.
You can't be talking about Christianity or "The Christ" then. You necessarily need to be talking about some other religion or possibly Satan.

Keep in mind that in Christianity the Christ was all about glorifying the Father. Therefore his message cannot become a dark secret cult hidden from the world and kept secret. In fact, the Christ of Christianity preached that the good news of his mission should be preached throughout the world. Not hidden for centuries from the masses.

So whatever demigod or evil minion you are talking about it can't be the Christ of the Christian Gospels. In fact, the Christ has warned of false prophets as well as possessive demons who are masters of deception. If some spiritual entity has revealed to you a "secret name" that must be hidden in darkness and cannot be exposed to the light of day, then you can be certain that you have been beguiled by an evil demon or false prophet.

Christ is the light of the world. He does not hide in darkness like the cowardly minions of Satan. So be aware that if some spiritual minion has convinced you of some secret name that has been kept in darkness for centuries, it is necessarily the work of evil forces, and not of the God of Light.

In fact, look at the irony here.

You ask people if they understand what the light of life is, yet here you are preaching about secrets that are supposedly held in darkness. Clearly that's not the light of life. I would suggest looking into a possible exorcism ceremony if you are hearing instructions from of a Lord of Darkness who wants you to hide his name from others.

A Lord of Light has no need to hide his name in darkness.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #26

Post by brianbbs67 »

Prince wrote:
paarsurrey1
Regards

You went way off the reservation , there. God has a name, but its not like ours. He is named by his works, just as we will be.