Where was god????

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Donray
Guru

Where was god????

Post #1

Post by Donray »

SUTHERLAND SPRINGS, Tex. — The massacre here that killed more than two dozen people — the youngest of them just 18 months old — occurred amid an ongoing “domestic situation� involving the gunman and his relatives, at least one of whom had attended the church, law enforcement officials said Monday.

People must have been prying to God then they were killed in his church.

Why did God allow this and not listen to prays?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #41

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Donray wrote:
No since the your does not do any thinking you cannot be correct. .
This sentence is garbled nonsense. You say "since the your does not do any thinking..." what are you trying to say?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Donray
Guru

Post #42

Post by Donray »

[Replying to post 41 by JehovahsWitness]

No since your heart does no thinking.

Again you just will not answer direct questions and just need to point out my grammar errors.

So, why can't you answer the question I asked you?????????

Monta
Guru

Post #43

Post by Monta »

paarsurrey1 wrote: [Replying to post 37 by Donray]
Donray
Here is what I wrote:
"You should read the bible. Genesis 2:17 17but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."

Since god did not want to eat from the tree and thus have knowledge of good and evil. Without knowing good and evil how could one have free will?"
One's point is reasonable. Knowledge of good and evil and then to decide for the right on one's own free-will is a sign of maturity and is praisworthy.
The narrators/scribes/translators/clergy seem to understood the phenomenon incorrectly. Moses was given both the Law and the Discrimination by YHVH , please:

[2:53] Then We forgave you thereafter, that you might be grateful.
[2:54] And remember the time when We gave Moses the Book and the Discrimination*, that you might be rightly guided.
[2:55] And remember the time when Moses said to his people: ‘O my people, you have indeed wronged yourselves by taking the calf for worship; turn you therefore to your Maker, and kill your evil desires; that is the best for you with your Maker.’ Then He turned towards you with compassion. Surely, He is Oft-Returning with compassion, and is Merciful.
[2:56] And remember when you said: ‘O Moses, we will by no means believe thee until we see Allah face to face;’ then the thunderbolt overtook you, while you gazed.
https://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/s ... 2&verse=53
* knowledge of good and evil to exercise free-will.

Regards
I don't see point in combining two religions and making religious arguments from them. Particular religions have been given to people whose temperament is most suited to it. Judaics is rituals, Christianity is mystical and Islam is obeyance.
If one suits yu better than another, take it.

bluethread
Savant

Post #44

Post by bluethread »

Monta wrote:
I don't see point in combining two religions and making religious arguments from them. Particular religions have been given to people whose temperament is most suited to it. Judaics is rituals, Christianity is mystical and Islam is obeyance.
This is a rather simplistic way of viewing them. They are each full blown philosophical schools that have various tenets. Some are similar and some are different. Judaism does have rituals, but so does Christianity and Islam. Christianity does have mystical elements, but so does Judaism and Islam. Islam does stress obedience, among other things, but so does Judaism and Christianity. The base of Judaism is HaTorah. The base of Christianity is the Apostolic Writings and the base of Islam is the Koran. As the Muslims put it they are all "people of the book". That is that they are constitutional philosophies. However, the three philosophies are not exclusive of the other in their views, nor are they equal to one another in those views. That is why, I think, if one is not going to look at each individually, one needs to focus on the tenets and not the philosophies as a whole.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #45

Post by paarsurrey1 »

bluethread wrote:
Monta wrote:
This is a rather simplistic way of viewing them. They are each full blown philosophical schools that have various tenets. Some are similar and some are different. Judaism does have rituals, but so does Christianity and Islam. Christianity does have mystical elements, but so does Judaism and Islam. Islam does stress obedience, among other things, but so does Judaism and Christianity. The base of Judaism is HaTorah. The base of Christianity is the Apostolic Writings and the base of Islam is the Koran. As the Muslims put it they are all "people of the book". That is that they are constitutional philosophies. However, the three philosophies are not exclusive of the other in their views, nor are they equal to one another in those views. That is why, I think, if one is not going to look at each individually, one needs to focus on the tenets and not the philosophies as a whole.
Islam is not named after any human personage. It envisages the eternal Truth that was revealed, we believe, by One-True-God/YHVH/Allah/Ahura-Mazda/Is'ana*/Ishwara** . Whatever the name of One-True-God was revealed to a people in their own language and they submitted/obeyed to Him and worshiped Him to attain peace of heart and soul and with humans around, in this sense they were followers of Islam and Muslims. Islam revives and reforms all religions and Muhammad is the corrective prophet/messenger and Quran the corrective Recitation that confirms the Truth revealed to founders of all great religions and that they all, the founders, were truthful persons but their founders could not keep the message intact in its pristine, pure and secure form. Right, please?

Regards

otseng
Savant

Post #46

Post by otseng »

Donray wrote: Again you just will not answer direct questions and just need to point out my grammar errors.
Moderator Comment

Pointing out the grammar error was appropriate. You saying that another will not answer a direct question is not appropriate.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Monta
Guru

Post #47

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 45 by paarsurrey1]

"Islam revives and reforms all religions and Muhammad is the corrective prophet/messenger and Quran the corrective Recitation that confirms the Truth revealed to founders of all great religions and that they all, the founders, were truthful persons but their founders could not keep the message intact in its pristine, pure and secure form. Right, please? "

This is totally unacceptable to Christianity.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End".
Rev. 1:8

JP Cusick
Guru

> Where was god????

Post #48

Post by JP Cusick »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Donray wrote: Since god did not want to eat from the tree and thus have knowledge of good and evil. Without knowing good and evil how could one have free will?"

Like you and many others the comment after the bible entry is my impartation.

So let me get this straight, what you said is NOT what the bible says, its just what you personally think that passage means. Is that what you mean by your "impartation"*... Your own personal interpretation of what you believe in your heart the passage is saying but not what is actually written in the verse. Is that right?
JW - you really are just nit-picking since we all give our own personal interpretations of scriptures and that is what makes a discussion into a discussion.

Donray said = God gave the tree of knowledge but told Adam and Eve not to eat of that poisoned knowledge, so he does make a credible point that Adam and Eve did not have that knowledge at the first.

If you JW have some Biblical reference that says otherwise then please do share it - because I too do not know of any contradiction to it in the Bible.

-------------------------------------

My view of where was God at that Church shooting is mostly negative - because that Baptist Church preaches a false and despicable message of their monster God and the Baptist continually reject the truth when they have been told the truth for a long long time, and now their own monster God came to call them home, and we also know that there were warning signs about the shooter long before he ever committed that atrocity and the people let the monster man go on, and we live in an evil society which glamorizes violence, so many people share the blame and guilt of this horrific crime.

The place where I see God is that there were some 20 people who were only wounded, and the two (2) heroes who chased down the shooter - that was God in action.

And to blame God for this ignores the huge reality that our own people still go onward with the lies and the rejection of truth and the promotion of violence as if nothing happened to change our evil ways.

Why blame God for what we people continue to do? it did not stop - it goes on and on.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

Willum
Savant

Post #49

Post by Willum »

You shouldn't pick on God for not doing anything; as they were being ripped apart by hot lead, they prayed to anyone and anything, even you, and you did nothing either.

They prayed to politicians and lawmakers who made the shooter think that bullets were the only way to vote.
They prayed to a God developed by men to keep them in sociological pens, like sheep.

They prayed desperately to the God who, if you believe such things, created a planet and set it in motion so that, ultimately,for them, their spouses and childrens' lives would be ended by bullets.

God did nothing, leaders tighten their grip, and you will do nothing.
So don't be so hard on other folks imaginary friends. OK?

paarsurrey1
Sage

Re: > Where was god????

Post #50

Post by paarsurrey1 »

[Replying to post 48 by JP Cusick]
JP Cusick
Why blame God for what we people continue to do? it did not stop - it goes on and on.
I agree with one here.
We want free-will and freedom of religion, then why blame God when it is the humans who are doing it. We should blame them instead of God.
Do we want that God should use "force" and take our free-will back from us, please?

Regards