Jesus believed One-True-God, he did not believe in Trinity

Dedicated to the scholarly study of the bible as text and the discussion thereof

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Jesus believed One-True-God, he did not believe in Trinity

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Jesus believed One-True-God, he did not believe in Trinity. Did he?

Jesus was a Jew and followed Moses' teachings. His core teaching was :

Matthew 22 (NIV)
The Greatest Commandment

34Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?�

37Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’c 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’d 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.�
http://biblehub.com/niv/matthew/22.htm

The above is the same as Moses told:

Deuteronomy 6:5-7New International Version (NIV)

5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... my+6%3A5-7

So the "heart and soul" and essence of Jesus belief and his teaching was to believe in One-True-God whom he used to address in love or poetic way as God-the-Father, and to worship no other god.

This is Jesus' overwhelming teaching and all other creeds must be within it and in no way the slightest repugnant to it. If a creed is against it then one is not following the way Jesus was following nor heading to the light Jesus followed.
Right,please?

Regards

Wootah
Savant

Post #11

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 9 by tam]

"If anyone loves me, he will obey my commands. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with(in) them."

The Father and the Son do indeed come and dwell within us... by means of holy spirit.

Your understanding seems to have the Father and Son separate from us and only this third person dwelling within us. The understanding I have shared with you that I received from my Lord has both the Father and the Son being in us (and us in them), by means of holy spirit.
My understanding is that God dwells in us.

So is the Son God?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

tam
Savant

Post #12

Post by tam »

Peace again to you!
Wootah wrote: [Replying to post 9 by tam]
No it is the blood and breath and seed of JAH (God); as explained more fully in my previous post. If you have questions about any specific point, then by all means, ask them. But I cannot agree to reduce holy spirit (the blood and breath and seed of God) to the description of 'magic dust'; especially since I do not even know what that is supposed to mean. Do you?
It means you dont know what blood and breath and seed of jah means. Imsgine saying fairy dust reverentially and you will understand what you are doing.

How do you know I do not understand what this means?

I know what physical blood is (it runs in all our veins). I know what breath is. I know what seed is (my children were made - aka generated - with it).

Things in the physical realm are examples of things in the spiritual realm, in order to help us understand; in order to help us see or get a sense of what the spiritual reality is.

So the blood, breath, seed of JAH is the spiritual equivalent of these physical things. God is a spirit being, hence, his blood/breath/seed would be spiritual, yeah?

That blood, breath, seed of JAH is holy spirit (which Christ - being the Son of God - also has, and gives to whomever He chooses). Hence, Christ breathed it upon His apostles; He poured it out onto the people at Pentecost; He gives it to us when He anoints us as Christians; it is the water of life that we are invited to come to Christ to receive.

God also breathed into Adam, making Adam a son as well.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

Wootah
Savant

Post #13

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 12 by tam]

My understanding is that God dwells in us.

So is the Son God? Do we agree on that?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

tam
Savant

Post #14

Post by tam »

[Replying to post 13 by Wootah]

So is the Son God? Do we agree on that?
No, I do not think we agree on that.

God is the Father... His name is JAH(veh).

Christ is the Son... His name is Jaheshua.

Christ is not God Himself (the Most Holy One of Israel); but the Father IS God Himself.

Peace again to you,
tammy

Wootah
Savant

Post #15

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 14 by tam]

But you said Christ is in us?

tam
Savant

Post #16

Post by tam »

Wootah wrote: [Replying to post 14 by tam]

But you said Christ is in us?
He and His Father via holy spirit, yes.

Peace again.

Wootah
Savant

Post #17

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 16 by tam]

So there are two Gods? Can you explain it?

Is Jesus spiritualized now?

tam
Savant

Post #18

Post by tam »

Wootah wrote: [Replying to post 16 by tam]

So there are two Gods? Can you explain it?
Can you explain how you come to this conclusion?

Perhaps you would also like to address my original post regarding holy spirit now, as well as the explanation that followed?
Is Jesus spiritualized now?

I do not know what you mean by this question. Can you elaborate please?

Thank you!

Peace again to you,
tammy

Wootah
Savant

Post #19

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 18 by tam]

You have God and Jesus now dwelling in us. But our temple is for God and so you have two Gods. Thats just logic.

Eph 2:22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

tam
Savant

Post #20

Post by tam »

Peace to you!
Wootah wrote: [Replying to post 18 by tam]

You have God and Jesus now dwelling in us. But our temple is for God and so you have two Gods. That's just logic.
I think you may be assuming things in your logic. I'm just not sure what those things are, because I am not following your reasoning.

Does Christ not say that He is in His Father and that His Father is in Him, and that they will be in us, and us in them? Does He not also say that they will both come and make their home with us?

So what is the issue?

There is God (who is the Father - the Most Holy One) and there is the Son of God (who is Christ - the Holy One). Two persons. Just as in the physical Temple, there was the Most Holy Place (representing God, the Most Holy One) and the Holy Place (representing Christ, the Holy One). And in that physical Temple, no one came to the Most Holy except through the Holy. Just as no one comes to the Father except through the Son.

Christ also called His Father the only true God.

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son may glorify You. For You granted Him authority over all humanity, so that He may give eternal life to all those You have given Him. Now this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and [Jesus] Christ, whom You have sent."

Personally, I decided long ago to simply take Christ at His word... when He says that He is the Son of God, then that is what I believe. If He ever said that the Son WAS God Himself, then I would take Him at that word as well. But He has not spoken to that effect.

Peace again to you,
tammy