Morality of God

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Danmark
Site Supporter

Morality of God

Post #1

Post by Danmark »

JW and others calling themselves 'Christian' have advanced the argument that since God created the world and human beings, if he tortures, kills, or rapes his creatures; or tells people to do it, this is not evil because God created them and their world.

Are these acts of God therefore moral?

Consider, "Is a man who owns a house acting immorally if he tortures, rapes, or kills his guests or children inside his home?"

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #41

Post by Danmark »

More evidence of the immorality of the supposed 'god' of the Bible:

'A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord.'

Deuteronomy 23:2 (KJV)

Hawkins
Scholar

Post #42

Post by Hawkins »

Danmark wrote: More evidence of the immorality of the supposed 'god' of the Bible:

'A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord.'

What's that to do with God's morality?

Deuteronomy 23:2 (NIV2011)
No one born of a forbidden marriage nor any of their descendants may enter the assembly of the LORD, not even in the tenth generation.

This primarily applies to those marrying non-Hebrews who worshiping the false gods. The religion of the Jews needs to remain pure for God's message reaching today's human and for them to be saved.

Do you mean to say that God should allow everyone coming to the Jews with a false religion to contaminate them such that the correct message of God cannot reach today's humans such that we all wind up in an eternal hell? Apparently God doesn't adapt your this human immorality!

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #43

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From the OP:
JW and others calling themselves 'Christian' have advanced the argument that since God created the world and human beings, if he tortures, kills, or rapes his creatures; or tells people to do it, this is not evil because God created them and their world.

Are these acts of God therefore moral?
Immoral acts are, by definition, immoral.
Consider, "Is a man who owns a house acting immorally if he tortures, rapes, or kills his guests or children inside his home?"
If my son, a Model American, set to flood this whole danged planet, I'd set to me cussin' him like I never cussed his momma.

Ya can't just kill good for tryin' to kill all the bad. That makes you the bad. And that ain't no more moral than killin' you pigs 'cause it is you hate bacon.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #44

Post by Danmark »

Hawkins wrote:
Danmark wrote: More evidence of the immorality of the supposed 'god' of the Bible:

What's that to do with God's morality?
OK, I'll explain it to you:
Your 'God' says that if your great great great great great great great great grand mother married the 'wrong' person, YOU can't join his church. Blaming children and great grandchildren for the supposed 'sins' of their ancestors is not only immoral, it is stupid.

bluethread
Savant

Post #45

Post by bluethread »

Danmark wrote:
OK, I'll explain it to you:
Your 'God' says that if your great great great great great great great great grand mother married the 'wrong' person, YOU can't join his church. Blaming children and great grandchildren for the supposed 'sins' of their ancestors is not only immoral, it is stupid.
Based on what? By the way, it is not who she married, it's that she had children with a man to whom she was not married.