Atheism misuse “science" as their weapon against reli

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Atheism misuse “science" as their weapon against reli

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Atheism people misuse “science" as their weapon against religion.
Do they, please?

Regards

One may like to read Post 5 from friend JP Cusick in the thread: "If everything is happening automatic because of Evolution" forum Debating Christianity and Religion Forum Index -> Random Ramblings

Wootah
Savant

Re: Atheism misuse “science" as their weapon against

Post #11

Post by Wootah »

H.sapiens wrote:
DanieltheDragon wrote: [Replying to post 1 by paarsurrey1]

If scientific inquiry doesn't align with religious conclusions and or beliefs is it the atheist's fault or is it the religions fault?
“If scientific analysis were conclusively to demonstrate certain claims in Buddhism to be false, then we must accept the findings of science and abandon those claims.� ― Dalai Lama XIV, The Universe in a Single Atom: The Convergence of Science and Spirituality
So i guess the Dalai Lama thinks there is no conflict?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

H.sapiens
Guru

Post #12

Post by H.sapiens »

Wootah wrote:
H.sapiens wrote:
DanieltheDragon wrote: [Replying to post 1 by paarsurrey1]

If scientific inquiry doesn't align with religious conclusions and or beliefs is it the atheist's fault or is it the religions fault?
“If scientific analysis were conclusively to demonstrate certain claims in Buddhism to be false, then we must accept the findings of science and abandon those claims.� ― Dalai Lama XIV, The Universe in a Single Atom: The Convergence of Science and Spirituality
So i guess the Dalai Lama thinks there is no conflict?
He finds no conflict because, like thinking people everywhere, he gives science the priority and is willing to drop religious claptrap when it stands in opposition to science, but then he is not saddled with theist paraphernalia like the Abrahamics are.

Wootah
Savant

Post #13

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 11 by H.sapiens]

I suspect you are giving a lot more credence to Mr Lama than you would if he was Pastor Lama.

Im trying to highlight that Mr Lama might actually think Buddhism and Science are compatible.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

H.sapiens
Guru

Post #14

Post by H.sapiens »

Wootah wrote: [Replying to post 11 by H.sapiens]

I suspect you are giving a lot more credence to Mr Lama than you would if he was Pastor Lama.

Im trying to highlight that Mr Lama might actually think Buddhism and Science are compatible.
In case you want to be polite, his name is not "Mr. Lama" but rather: Lhamo Dondrub. As far as I can see Buddhism and science are compatible because Buddhism does not make bizarre claims about reality and then, despite obvious logical contradictions try to shove them down everyone's throat like the Abrahamics do.

Wootah
Savant

Post #15

Post by Wootah »

H.sapiens wrote:
Wootah wrote: [Replying to post 11 by H.sapiens]

In case you want to be polite, his name is not "Mr. Lama" but rather: Lhamo Dondrub. As far as I can see Buddhism and science are compatible because Buddhism does not make bizarre claims about reality and then, despite obvious logical contradictions try to shove them down everyone's throat like the Abrahamics do.
Do you really suppose a belief that life is an illusion would be one that
would generate a scientifc outlook?

It feels very partisan from you.

TSGracchus
Scholar

Post #16

Post by TSGracchus »

[Replying to post 10 by Wootah]
Wootah wrote:"So i guess the Dalai Lama thinks there is no conflict?"
Well, the first goal of the Buddhist is to free himself from maya, false beliefs, delusions. This is termed "enlightenment".
Last edited by TSGracchus on Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Willum
Savant

Post #17

Post by Willum »

What I hate is how religious folk always use science to back up their claims and prove their religion.
When they see a caterpillar become a butterfly, they say look, no evolution, just God.
When they see that the Moon is not connected to the Earth with wires, they note, using the scientific method, that it must be God. No wires, it must be God, it's obvious.

Isn't it frustrating how religion always seems to be backed up by science?

Wouldn't it be nice if we witnessed evolution? If we could construct laws for gravity? If we understood how God created lightning? Could show without a doubt using science, that something religion supports was not backed up by science?

It is just so frustrating that science always seems to go hand in hand with religion, and never contradicts it?

DeMotts
Scholar

Post #18

Post by DeMotts »

[Replying to post 16 by Willum]

Willum you worded your post really strangely so I'm not entirely sure what point you are trying to make. But if you are smugly saying that science can be used to prove religious claims - the bible has plenty of examples of supernatural events that have no basis whatsoever in what we know about reality through scientific observation.

i.e. Talking snake, dude living inside a fish for 3 days, people rising from the dead, etc.

This is assuming a literal interpretation of the bible of course. If you want to just take it all figuratively as a bunch of stories and just believe that an all-powerful entity watches you and listens to you pray and stuff then nobody here can disprove you, they just won't be convinced of anything without some type of proof.

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #19

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to post 17 by DeMotts]
Willum you worded your post really strangely so I'm not entirely sure what point you are trying to make.
I'd place a decent wager that the post was pure sarcasm.
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #20

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 16 by Willum]

When in fact there is now good ways to document telepathy and reincarnation and regeneration, it suggests we look at the claims of (dishonest) Atheism again or anew.

Rightfully or justifiably, religions should win through, not only because of its scientific findings, but also due to superior morality to those who evidently don't care for morality at all.

(That is, why Atheists and not Humanists?)
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!