Is hell like a rehab for treatment of sin addicts?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Quran gives a clue to it:

It is for a long time but not eternal as God is. There will come a time when all inhabitants of hell will be delivered from it:

[101:9] But as for him whose scales are light,
[101:10] Hell will be his nursing mother.
[101:11] And what should make thee know what that is?
[101:12] It is a burning Fire.
https://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/s ... 01&verse=9

Hell is like rehab where the addicts of sins will be treated when one gets cured one will come out of it. God's mercy will release one from it. Right, please?

Regards

JP Cusick
Guru

Re: Is hell like a rehab for treatment of sin addicts?

Post #71

Post by JP Cusick »

JehovahsWitness wrote: So biblically the answer to what you base your "ghost theory" on one incident when the disciples first saw Jesus. Fair enough, at least you made no mention of india.
I do love India so I do not have any prejudice against anything concerning India.

There are many references to Ghosts in the Bible and not just one.

There was told just in this thread these 3:
Matthew 27:52-53
Luke 24:39
Matthew 17

And the notion that a vision does not count as a Ghost is absurd - because a Ghost is specifically a vision and an experience.

To get back to the topic - the Bible and the Qur'an agree that every person (every sinful sheep) will be saved through the due process of salvation based on forgiveness and reconciliation.

It is possible that the Ghost for each person would be used as a part of the process of human resurrection because the Ghost is the dead person being help suspended and waiting for the Judgment Day.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

onewithhim
Savant

Post #72

Post by onewithhim »

paarsurrey1 wrote: Is hell like a rehab for treatment of sin addicts?

Quran gives a clue to it:

It is for a long time but not eternal as God is. There will come a time when all inhabitants of hell will be delivered from it:

[101:9] But as for him whose scales are light,
[101:10] Hell will be his nursing mother.
[101:11] And what should make thee know what that is?
[101:12] It is a burning Fire.
https://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/s ... 01&verse=9

Hell is like rehab where the addicts of sins will be treated when one gets cured one will come out of it. God's mercy will release one from it. Right, please?

Regards
The writer of the Quran did not understand what "hell" is. There is no literal burning hell. In fact, "hell" is mankind's grave. The word "Hades" in the Greek, and translated as "hell," always means mankind's common grave. There are other words that are erroneously translated as "hell" in the Bible, such as Gehenna. It is not the same as "Hades," but translators have caused confusion by rendering both "Hades" and "Gehenna" as "Hell."

There is no "rehab" where sinners are treated. Hell is the grave, and there is no consciousness there. (Ecclesiastes 9:5) We can all be cured of sin during Jesus' Millennial Reign, when the earth will be brought back to paradise conditions.

:king: Jesus

onewithhim
Savant

Post #73

Post by onewithhim »

JP Cusick wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 58 by JP Cusick]
Jp I can't remember are you someone that believes that when a person's physical heart stops beating and his body decomposes, he continues alive in another form because he (the person, his personality and all consciouse thought) continues after that moment?
I understand that when a person dies then they are dead, and their thoughts stop and death means dead.

But we can know that there are Ghosts that linger after the person dies, and I do not know much about those Ghosts.

I do know that we can experience Demons and Angels and Spirits (and experience God) from the spirit world but those spirits and Demons do have thoughts and they can speak and think and they can do things which people experience, but the Ghosts are different as the Ghosts appear to be some kind of non-living spirit.

From my earliest days of studying the scriptures then I always knew that we must apply the knowledge of scripture to real life, and since Ghosts are real then this reality must be applied.

------------------------------------------------

marco wrote:
JP Cusick wrote: Both the Qur'an and the Bible send fear into sinners, but when a person stops their sins then so too the fear goes away.
I see. The Quran sends fear into those who don't believe a word of it, people who may lead decent lives (though you probably see this as a contradiction.) The Quran threatens those who don't believe in Allah.

The OT does likewise with Yahweh but most folk today ignore the OT threats and concentrate on their modern lives or accept Jesus had a different approach. Unfortunately Muslims are still under the influence of the OT, thanks to Muhammad's confusion.
I am happy that you note that contradiction, because yes = the so called "decent" life has nothing to do with living right or with being righteous.

The Holy Qur'an does not send any fear into me, as I find the Qur'an to give strength and inspiration and a better understanding of both humanity and of God (Allah).

Sinning itself is based on weakness, so the fears of a sinner is self contained and self generated.
If people are dead---their thought processes stop, and everything else too---then how can there be "ghosts" of dead people?

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #74

Post by Justin108 »

Wootah wrote: Not at all. If people think they can get out of prison until their debt is paid in full they are mistaken. Sins against God are impossible to pay for by yourself.
Why?

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #75

Post by Justin108 »

ttruscott wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: Is hell like a rehab for treatment of sin addicts?
No, from my Christian pov hell isn't for rehab, the earth is the place for rehab for addicts to evil.
No, from my PCE* pov hell isn't for rehab, the earth is the place for rehab for addicts to evil.

Fixed that for you, Ted ;)