Just an idea..

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

For_The_Kingdom
Guru

Just an idea..

Post #1

Post by For_The_Kingdom »

What if, especially in Head to Head debates, there was an audio/video feature? By "feature", I mean as an optional feature of this great forum...so the debaters can have the 3 choices of..

1. The traditional, typed format
2. An audio only format
3. A audio/video format

This can all happen in real-time, or day-by-day (in the same manner as the typed format).

Or, if we can't go that route..

What if, especially in the Head to Head debates, debaters were allowed to debate in audio/video formats...they would simply upload their posts/replies to the forum for all to see (or hear).

I don't know if any of this has ever been considered/discussed...but I think it would be a cool idea and a way to mix things up a bit...me and rikuomero are in the talks for having a debate in any of these formats..if that is cool with everyone.

Any thoughts?

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

You can certainly do this already on your own.

Just record a Skype debate to video. Upload the video to something like YouTube, and then post the video here. You can even use the [ youtube ] tags to embed the video directly into the post.

So the option to do this is already available to you. All you need to do is find someone willing to have a Skype debate with you and you're all set.
(Of course you'll need to be able to record the Skype conversation to video. You might need to download a special app for that). But once you have the video, then just upload it to YouTube and there you go. Once you have uploaded the debate to YouTube you can post it anywhere, not just to this forum or website.

~~~~~~

Or, if you prefer just find someone who is willing to post their posts as videos. Then have a head-to-head debate only instead of typing in posts each person just posts a video of their response. You can already do that as well. All you need to do is find a debate partner who's willing to do the same thing. This website wouldn't need to change anything. That option is already available to you. All the debaters would need to do is to agree to post video replies using the [ youtube ] tags to embed their replies in their posts.

~~~~~~~

If you just want to do the audio only you could do the same thing with audio files instead. You could still use youtube and just upload a video with a still photo and the audio. That would work too.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

otseng
Savant

Re: Just an idea..

Post #3

Post by otseng »

For_The_Kingdom wrote:but I think it would be a cool idea and a way to mix things up a bit...me and rikuomero are in the talks for having a debate in any of these formats..if that is cool with everyone.

Any thoughts?
We can try whatever you two decide on.

For_The_Kingdom
Guru

Post #4

Divine Insight wrote: You can certainly do this already on your own.

Just record a Skype debate to video. Upload the video to something like YouTube, and then post the video here. You can even use the [ youtube ] tags to embed the video directly into the post.

So the option to do this is already available to you. All you need to do is find someone willing to have a Skype debate with you and you're all set.
(Of course you'll need to be able to record the Skype conversation to video. You might need to download a special app for that). But once you have the video, then just upload it to YouTube and there you go. Once you have uploaded the debate to YouTube you can post it anywhere, not just to this forum or website.

~~~~~~

Or, if you prefer just find someone who is willing to post their posts as videos. Then have a head-to-head debate only instead of typing in posts each person just posts a video of their response. You can already do that as well. All you need to do is find a debate partner who's willing to do the same thing. This website wouldn't need to change anything. That option is already available to you. All the debaters would need to do is to agree to post video replies using the [ youtube ] tags to embed their replies in their posts.
otseng wrote: We can try whatever you two decide on.
Bet.

Wootah
Savant

Post #5

Post by Wootah »

I just want to throw out that you can do whatever you want but if it's a debate on this site I'll be moderating it for civility.

All i mean is if it is a DC&R debate it would be civil.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

For_The_Kingdom
Guru

Post #6

Wootah wrote: I just want to throw out that you can do whatever you want but if it's a debate on this site I'll be moderating it for civility.

All i mean is if it is a DC&R debate it would be civil.
Bet.

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Re: Just an idea..

Post #7

Post by rikuoamero »

[Replying to post 1 by For_The_Kingdom]

The problem with the site offering this as a service is that its incredibly expensive and difficult to run your own video sharing platform. There's a reason there's so few sites like Youtube. I mean, there's bandwidth, storage, processing...

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense