The "plan of salvation"

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

The "plan of salvation"

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

It has always struck me as odd as to why the so-called "plan of salvation" seems so disjointed.

Bill Bright's "Four Spirtual Laws" for example, contains elements from the Gospel of John, the letters of Paul and the book of Revelation.

These "Laws" have been a model and used as well (as a variant) by the Billy Graham Evangelsitic Association.

The "Plan" includes (in order)

John 3.16
John 10.10
Romans 3.23
Romans 6.23
Romans 5.8
1 Corinthians 15;3-6
John 14.6
John 1.12
Ephesians 2.8,9
John 3.1-8
Revelation 3.20
1 John 5.11-13

Points of obeservation...remember, the books of the Bible were written independently of one another.

Notice there is NOTHING from the Synoptics in this typical "Plan of Salvation".

Questions for debate...

1) How can Evangelical Christianity be proven to be anything more than the theological opinions of John and Paul? (and Evangelicals like Bill Bright, for that matter)

2) If this "plan of salvation" if valid, Biblical and real, why isn't it all contained in one place, one Gospel? And repeated in each? Assuming of course, the "plan of salvation" is essential to one's eternal destiny.

3) If this "plan of salvation" is anything more than John and Paul's theological speculation, why are there NO verses from the Synoptics, 3/4 th's of the Gospels, why NOTHING from Matthew Mark and Luke in this "plan of salvation"?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Revelations won
Sage

Post #41

Post by Revelations won »

With all due respect I observe that Claire Evans has stated one of the key attributes that opens the door of deeper understanding and revealed knowledge of God and His plan of Salvation which answers the great questions:

Where did we come from?
Why are we here?
What is man's eternal destiny?

Christ was imbued with that quality of meekness and humility, obedience and submissiveness to the will of the Father. It is self evident that He worshiped God the Father and taught us to do likewise.

Worship consists in paying divine honors to a deity. This religious reverence and homage falls into two categories- true worship and false worship, the one based on gospel truth and leading to salvation, the other consisting of an intermixture of truth and error
leading to damnation.

The Father and the Son are the objects of all true worship. “Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.� (Matt. 4:10; Luke 4:8; Exodus 34:14; Mosiah 18:25; D&C 20:17-19.) No one can worship the Father without also worshiping the Son. “All men should honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He that honoureth not the Son, honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.� (John 5:23.)

It is proper to worship the Father in the name of the Son, and also to worship the Son. “Believe in Christ, and deny him not; and Christ is the Holy one of Israel; wherefore ye must bow down before him, and worship him with all your might, mind and strength, and your whole soul; and if ye do this ye shall in no wise be cast out.� (2 Ne. 25: 16, 29.)

True worship presupposes a knowledge of the truth about God and his laws. Jesus told the Samaritan woman at the well: “ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.� (John 4:22.) Our Lord revealed anew some of the writings of John- writing which explained how Christ himself had worked out his own salvation, finally receiving all power in heaven and on earth- and then he said: and then he said�I give unto you these sayings that you may understand and know how to worship, and know what you worship, that you may come unto the Father in my name and in due time receive of his fulness.�

Unless men know God and his laws they cannot “worship him in spirit and in truth.� (John 4:24.), and there is no salvation in any other kind of worship.

Clair Evans has pointed out that that we also must, if we are to really know God, become meek, humble and submissive to the will of the Father, even as our exemplar Jesus Christ has done.