Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

showme
Sage

What path to choose?

Post #1

Post by showme »

What Path to choose?
One can choose to enter the narrow way/path to life (Matthew 19:17) & (Matthew 7:14) which entails keeping the Commandments, dying to oneself, and being born again John 3:3, or they can accept the “broad� �way� to “destruction�, which the “many� choose, and follow the false prophet’s message (1 Thessalonians 4:14) of believe my message and you surely shall not die (Genesis 3:4) & (1 Thessalonians 4:17). “Everyone shall die for their own iniquities� (Jeremiah 31:30). Paul’s message and the message of the serpent is that you surely shall not die. Yeshua’s message is, if you die, you shall surely live. (John 11:25)

New American Standard Bible John 3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."

New American Standard Bible 1 Thessalonians 4:14
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus.

New American Standard Bible John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in me will live even if he dies,

bjs
Prodigy

Post #2

Post by bjs »

[Replying to post 1 by showme]

Moderator Comment

Please provide a clear question for debate.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

showme
Sage

Post #3

Post by showme »

showme
Sage

Post #4

Post by showme »

bjs wrote: [Replying to post 1 by showme]

Moderator Comment

Please provide a clear question for debate.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
I am not sure how more clear a question can be asked:

What Path to choose?

The bible provides two paths, and the question is which path should one take? The "many" take one path, and the "few" take another. (Matthew 7:13) I am just trying to have the path takers tell us what path they should take, and if willing to elaborate, it would be nice if they said why?

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #5

Post by OnceConvinced »

I'm afraid I'm unable to choose either path. It's not possible for me to follow a path that I can't see. It's not possible for me to follow paths that do not appear before me and that are intangible.

Somehow I would have to have my mind manipulated and forced to believe that there are only two paths and that I am forced to take one or the other. Only then would I be able to choose one.

One thing I can say for sure if there is a path that leads to destruction, then I'm not taking it.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World