Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Frequenting a debate site with no intention of debating

Post #1

Post by Justin108 »

ttruscott wrote: You want to argue your truth as better than mine, go for it but it is not a game I enjoy anymore...
Ted is not the only example of this that I've come across. Why go on a debate site if you do not intend on debating? Isn't this essentially preaching? And is preaching not against the rules of this forum? Should those who openly admit to not wanting to debate be allowed on this site?

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: Frequenting a debate site with no intention of debating

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

Justin108 wrote: Isn't this essentially preaching? And is preaching not against the rules of this forum? Should those who openly admit to not wanting to debate be allowed on this site?
I agree with this 100%.

The moment any member openly confesses that they have no interest in debating but instead they are just here to preach their religion they should be asked to leave.

And there are several members on here to do precisely that. They even openly confess that they don't want to debate their religion, all they want to do is "share" what they believe. But doesn't "share" truly mean "preach" in this context?
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

For_The_Kingdom
Guru

Re: Frequenting a debate site with no intention of debating

Post #3

Post by For_The_Kingdom »

Justin108 wrote:
ttruscott wrote: You want to argue your truth as better than mine, go for it but it is not a game I enjoy anymore...
Ted is not the only example of this that I've come across. Why go on a debate site if you do not intend on debating? Isn't this essentially preaching? And is preaching not against the rules of this forum? Should those who openly admit to not wanting to debate be allowed on this site?
So, "If you don't want to debate, stay off of debate websites".

Hey, that actually makes sense.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #4

Post by DanieltheDragon »

[Replying to post 1 by Justin108]

Moderator Comment

While we understand the frustration of certain posting behaviors. Let's not put other posters on blast. If you don't like a topic or comment flag it and let the moderating team deal with it as appropriate.
Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Neatras
Guru

Post #5

Post by Neatras »

I'm all for it. I wonder how certain creationists will try and use your wording to bunnyhop their way through broken logic to assert that, therefore, atheists should all be banned!

WebersHome
Guru

Random Ramblings Debating

Post #6

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]-
As per the announcement below, dated Fri May 14, 2004 8:05 am, Random Ramblings is a no-debating area.
[/font]
otseng wrote:[font=Georgia]Topics in the debate category that don't have a clear question to debate will be moved here. If you have an urge to express your opinions on a topic, post it here.[/font]
[font=Verdana]/[/font]

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Re: Random Ramblings Debating

Post #7

Post by Justin108 »

WebersHome wrote: [font=Verdana]-
As per the announcement below, dated Fri May 14, 2004 8:05 am, Random Ramblings is a no-debating area.
[/font]
otseng wrote:[font=Georgia]Topics in the debate category that don't have a clear question to debate will be moved here. If you have an urge to express your opinions on a topic, post it here.[/font]
[font=Verdana]/[/font]
Cool story. What's your point?

Peds nurse
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by Peds nurse »

Hey people!

I don't intentionally avoid debating on this site, I'm just not very good at it. I attempt to make my point with the utmost respect and courtesy. This being said, that if I had a choice of either making a valid point at the cost of disrespect, or preaching a little in the name of love, I'm going to choose love every time. You all know that about me anyway, but seem to tolerate me!

peterk
Student

Post #9

Post by peterk »

I don't enjoy debate in any of its forms. I prefer to use the word dialog. That suggests to me a two way conversation where people put their own views but treat with equal respect the views of others opposite to them.