Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

onewithhim
Savant

Post #911

Post by onewithhim »

Well, folks, I'm pretty sure no body will be getting drunk in Paradise, just enjoying a little wine or mixed drink occasionally. Just imagine a beautiful sunny day with the sun sparkling off the water of your swimming pool, sitting with good friends and watching children romping in the grass with leopards and bears. What an awesome thing to look forward to!

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Post #912

Post by TripleZ »

Divine Insight wrote: If it was a paradise then it wouldn't be the earth we're used to living on.

Surely there won't be pesky mosquitoes in paradise? Disease? Droughts? Freezing cold winters that we need to prepare for to stay warm and store food that we can't grow in freezing weather? Or will there be free supermarkets in heaven? Perhaps fully automated so no one needs to work there as an employee?

No wars? No bullies? No competing for a loving mate? No competing for a job? No competing for an education?

I'm all for living in paradise. Let's me know when it's available and I'll move right in. :D

I'm assuming there's no property taxes or rent either?

Will I still be able to order fun stuff from Amazon.com? :D

The first thing I'd like to do in paradise is build a 1932 Ford Pickup Truck from scratch. :D

I can hardly wait.
so please quote those actual verses of Scripture then. This is so we can understand what God says on this topic that you raise ?

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Post #913

Post by TripleZ »

Divine Insight wrote: If it was a paradise then it wouldn't be the earth we're used to living on.

Surely there won't be pesky mosquitoes in paradise? Disease? Droughts? Freezing cold winters that we need to prepare for to stay warm and store food that we can't grow in freezing weather? Or will there be free supermarkets in heaven? Perhaps fully automated so no one needs to work there as an employee?

No wars? No bullies? No competing for a loving mate? No competing for a job? No competing for an education?

I'm all for living in paradise. Let's me know when it's available and I'll move right in. :D

The first thing I'd like to do in paradise is build a 1932 Ford Pickup Truck from scratch. :D

I can hardly wait.

Mat 5:5 "How blessed are the meek! for they will inherit the Land!

this is a lesson about being meek and it's rewards, so are you " meek " or hostile to anyone who rejects your views ? NB it say nothing about th e" land " at all because the witness is NOT about land per se but about our behavior..
Paradise is not a democracy it is a Kingdom and God is King.

2Pe 3:10 However, the Day of the Lord will come "like a thief." On that Day the heavens will disappear with a roar, the elements will melt and disintegrate, and the earth and everything in it will be burned up. wow!

bluethread
Savant

Post #914

Post by bluethread »

TripleZ wrote:
Mat 5:5 "How blessed are the meek! for they will inherit the Land!

this is a lesson about being meek and it's rewards, so are you " meek " or hostile to anyone who rejects your views ? NB it say nothing about th e" land " at all because the witness is NOT about land per se but about our behavior..
Paradise is not a democracy it is a Kingdom and God is King.

2Pe 3:10 However, the Day of the Lord will come "like a thief." On that Day the heavens will disappear with a roar, the elements will melt and disintegrate, and the earth and everything in it will be burned up. wow!
I'd like to make a couple of points regarding the verse from Matthews account. First, the beatitudes are not a list of universal characteristics, but the statements of consequences that follow from each of those characteristics. Second, regarding that particular characteristic, the term translated as "meek" is the same term used when referring to a sheathed sword. The implication being that the one who is well versed in violence, but restrains himself will inherit the earth. In other words, it is not the tyrant that will inherit the earth, but the one who rules wisely.

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Post #915

Post by TripleZ »

I can hardly wait.

so then,,show us all GODS Word on this topic, not your own suppositions ?

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Post #916

Post by TripleZ »

I can hardly wait.
show us all the related Scripture ?
Mat 5:5 "How blessed are the meek! for they will inherit the Land! seriously ? how is this even in the same Universe

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Post #917

Post by TripleZ »

TripleZ wrote:

I can hardly wait.

so then,,show us all GODS Word on this topic, not your own suppositions ?
rubbish, supposition, the verse clear states what it states, Mat 5:5 "How blessed are the meek! for they will inherit the Land!

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Post #918

Post by TripleZ »

TripleZ wrote:

I can hardly wait.
so please quote those actual verses of Scripture then. This is so we can understand what God says on this topic that you raise ?
why ? are we all like you ? in that you love the world as it is right now ? I would make myself right with the Lord and go too GOD today without any hesitation what so ever!!

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Post #919

Post by TripleZ »

I can hardly wait.
again, you are quoting passages that are directed towards Israel and, their ( Jewsish ) God given view of " Kings " and or " Kingdoms " as in, King David and such. Now, Yeshua is King and Israel rejected their Messiah and King, so please explain to us what on earth it is that you are asking ?
In order to enter the " Kingdom of God " we must be able to first SEE the " Kingdom of God ".

onewithhim
Savant

Post #920

Post by onewithhim »

TripleZ wrote:

I can hardly wait.
show us all the related Scripture ?
Mat 5:5 "How blessed are the meek! for they will inherit the Land! seriously ? how is this even in the same Universe
Divine Insight has been replied to. Have you read the posts in this thread to bring yourself up to date with the discussion?